Windows 10: Need help with GPU switching

Discus and support Need help with GPU switching in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there! Here is my problem: I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/albertkeinstein, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Need help with GPU switching

Hello there! Here is my problem:

I bought a laptop with a dedicated graphics card and I'd like to play minecraft on it. I only recently noticed that minecraft runs using the integrated intel graphics instead of the dedicated one. Other games work fine with GPU switching but Minecraft is not recognized as a game. For now i have deactivated the internal GPU so that the PC is forced to use the dedicated one for everyhing. This however is not a very elegant solution as is heavily impacts the battery performance when the PC is not plugged in.

Long story short: I would like to know if there is a way to deactivate the internal GPU when the PC is plugged in and to reactivate it when the plug is removed without me having to navigate through the device manager every time.

submitted by /u/albertkeinstein
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/albertkeinstein, Dec 28, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 28, 2019
  3. axe0 Win User
    B(lack)SOD after closing GPU demanding applications and games

I would like to suggest 2 more things if you don't mind,
    1. Seat the GPU in another slot, if possible, and see if that helps anything
    2. Use the GPU in another system, if possible, this is a step to determine that it is really the GPU and not multiple defective slots or something else from the system.

4. Need help with GPU switching

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Need help with GPU switching

1. Need help with GPU switching - Similar Threads - Need help GPU

2. Need help with hdmi connectivity without GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with hdmi connectivity without GPU: Hey there ,I need assistance with the hdmi related issue . I have my old laptop Acer Nitro 5 2019 with gtx 1050, i5-7300HQ . recently my GPU stopped working so my laptop runs over integrated graphics only.. previously i use to use this laptop as my diy pc but since my GPU is...
  3. Need help with my GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with my GPU: Hello, I'm van I want to ask to the community for guidance.A little bit of story, i have a PC with integrated graphics card, but I don't feel enough. i wanted to use dedicated graphics card, so i bought an sapphire nitro+ radeon RX 580 4Gb.This GPU has a 6 + 8 pin power to...
  4. Need help with my GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with my GPU: Hello, I'm van I want to ask to the community for guidance.A little bit of story, i have a PC with integrated graphics card, but I don't feel enough. i wanted to use dedicated graphics card, so i bought an sapphire nitro+ radeon RX 580 4Gb.This GPU has a 6 + 8 pin power to...
  5. Need help with my GPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. How to switch GPU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch GPU.: So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to GPU 0, because my computer has been lagging lately. How do I fix/switch it? For context, in most game I get 60 fps, now I...
  7. How to switch GPU.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch GPU.: So I have two GPU, GPU 0 is intel and GPU 1 is geforce GTX. I mostly use geforce GTX, but for some reason. I think Windows automatically switched it to GPU 0, because my computer has been lagging lately. How do I fix/switch it? For context, in most game I get 60 fps, now I...
  8. I need help switching from my integrated GPU to my dedicated one. Please need assistance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help switching from my integrated GPU to my dedicated one. Please need assistance: Hi. I have an ASUS D570DD laptop that has a GTX1050 by nvidia and a Ryzen 5 3500U that has an integrated GPU as well. Some of my games, namely GTAIV, runs with the integrated 2gb one instead of the dedicated 4gb GTX. I tried using the nvidia control panel and switched it to...
  9. Need help switching to a new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help switching to a new SSD: I have a HDD and I just got a SSD and I'm trying to switch. I tried using Macrium to clone my previous hard drive, but it failed and told me to run "chkdsk C: /r" in cmd, so I did. I restarted my pc and after about 40 mins I got BSoD. I restarted again and the repair was...
  10. Need help with GPU and CPU errors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with GPU and CPU errors: I bought a GeForce GTX 1050 Ti recently to replace my integrated GPU. It presented red dots all over my screen when connected so I bought a new AMD cpu to try and fix the issue. Now neither of the video cards work and the monitor says No Input Detected. I have tried 2...