Windows 10: Need help with languages settings

Discus and support Need help with languages settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, When I left click the Language notification icon on the task bar, it shows me 3 languages: 1. EN – English (United States) – US Keyboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YvesB, Nov 19, 2018.

1. YvesB Win User

Need help with languages settings

Hi,

When I left click the Language notification icon on the task bar, it shows me 3 languages:

1. EN – English (United States) – US Keyboard

2. FRA – French (Canada) – Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard

3. EN – English (Canada) – US Keyboard

However, when I go into: Settings | Time & Language | Region & Language,

1. It displays: Windows Display Language – English (United States)

2. Preferred Languages

a. English (United States) – Windows Display Language

b. Français (Canada) – Language Pack Available

How can I REMOVE EN – English (Canada) – US Keyboard language appearing within the TASK BAR?

It creates me a problem when I want to change language using the ALT + SHIFT keys, the languages shift from:

1. FRA - French (Canada) – Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard, TO

2. EN – English (Canada) – US Keyboard TO

3. EN – English (United States) – US Keyboard

Unless I left click on the notification icon, I never now witch English language I am in.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,

:)

YvesB, Nov 19, 2018

2. Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 19, 2018
  3. microsoft photos language

Hi Magda,

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Type settings in the search box.
    • Click on time and language.
    • Click on region and language.
    • Click on add a language.
    • Select the particular language and then make it as default by right clicking on the language and click on as default.

Please post back with the updated status to assist you further.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Need help with languages settings

Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

Need help with languages settings

1. Need help with languages settings - Similar Threads - Need help languages

2. Need Help: Issue with language/font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help: Issue with language/font: [ATTACH] Recently, I noticed that English text is being shown with Greek fonts. Especially I noticed it with gimp (windows app) and atlassian documentation (web). I think it has something to do with system font. Which I was unable to fix through changing regional settings...
  3. Need help with some cmd language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with some cmd language: Hi guys, I have a client to request us to add a function like "delete" in the right click menu, so they can right click to move files to a certain folder. I am able to add the function to the right click menu See the picture, but my script of the function is not working.Could...
  4. Need help in firewall setting

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need help in firewall setting: I have 2 anti-viruses being installed on my personal computer. One is from my employer as I am working from home and another one is mine.One is Kapersky Mine and K7 security employer.How do I disable/ reroute all of my firewall setting through Kapersky?I am not tech savvy, so...
  5. Help with languages settings.

Help with languages settings.: [ATTACH] Hello, i have this issue with my languages settings (see picture). I have multiple languages that added to my list, while i only use the BE-FR settings. Those "QAA" keyboard does not appear in the list, I tried multiple solutions i found here like goind to...
  6. Need help finding a setting

Need help finding a setting: So normally when I connect headphones wired/bluetooth, I get a pop up that comes up and ask me if I want it to be just headphones or if I want mic enabled (it's a black screen with white letters, showes up in center of screen) Anyways, I accidentally clicked headphones only...
  7. Hi all, need a little help. My language settings are set to English but still the Windows...

Hi all, need a little help. My language settings are set to English but still the Windows...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ravi90kr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hs5tbr/hi_all_need_a_little_help_my_language_settings/
  8. Can't change Display Language (Need Help!)

Can't change Display Language (Need Help!): [ATTACH] Hello. Recently I have started learning Japanese and so, I wanted to change the display language of my OS into, well, Japanese. I have ran into an issue though. No matter what I do, I just simply am not able to change the display language. I updated to the...
  9. Need help with keyboard language.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help with keyboard language.: I'm having an issue with my Windows 10 keyboard languages. Before installing the 1803 upgrade I had two languages set: Greek and UK English. I did the upgrade and suddenly I have US English along with the other two languages. I tried to remove the US and it didn't let...
  10. email setting help needed

in Browsers and Email
    email setting help needed: I have just got a new laptop with windows 10 installed I am not getting emails in the mail centre or the action centre despite that option turned on how do I get my emails to appear in action centre ????? 32554