Windows 10: Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.

Discus and support Need help with laptop stuck in a loop. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'll already tell you that English is not my first language so excuse me if I make some mistakes. Yesterday I decided to do a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/XandreCos, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.

Hello everyone, I'll already tell you that English is not my first language so excuse me if I make some mistakes.

Yesterday I decided to do a backup of my laptop on a nexternal SSD because it was constantly freezing every ten minutes or so. After the completed backup I decided to reset the laptop to factory settings hoping it would help it in the future. Everything was going fine until windows stopped installing itself at 64%, I unsuccessfully waited for 15 hours and then tried to power it on and off a few times but nothing changes, it's just stuck at 64% and constantly reeboting itself. It shows the Asus logo, the 64% installing frame and then reeboting again.

Can somebody help me please? It would be really helpful since I have exams next week and I definitely need my laptop Need help with laptop stuck in a loop. :) thanks again!

submitted by /u/XandreCos
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/XandreCos, Feb 4, 2020

2. Stuck in a loop after windows performed repair

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

As per the information that you have provided, I suggest that you perform Power Drain as you are stuck in a loop and this might help you access the desktop screen. To learn how to perform this follow the steps below

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power
      cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Stuck in Reboot loop after power cut

Hi,

We understand your concern and appreciate the time and effort that you have invested in to fix the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to state which troubleshooting steps have you performed bedsides the mentioned to fix the issue.

As per the description, I suspect that you might be stuck in a reboot loop. I suggest that you perform Power Drain and check if it helps

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Need help with laptop stuck in a loop.

1. Need help with laptop stuck in a loop. - Similar Threads - Need help laptop

2. My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!: My windows 11 asus prebuilt pc has started restarting constantly and being unable to start up. This happened after I had a memory overload issue with UE4 conpling a project. After also installing windows SDK and hard restarted my pc to fix it. It then kept saying “updates are...
  3. My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc is stuck in an infinite restart loop. Need help!: My windows 11 asus prebuilt pc has started restarting constantly and being unable to start up. This happened after I had a memory overload issue with UE4 conpling a project. After also installing windows SDK and hard restarted my pc to fix it. It then kept saying “updates are...
  4. My new pc is stuck on a restart loop and need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new pc is stuck on a restart loop and need help: Hello I have built my new pc, after I plugged in my usb with windows installer tool my pc crashed when trying to install windows and at around the 4th time trying when I turned it back on instead of showing me the installer menu it crashed and restarted again but now its on a...
  5. My new pc is stuck on a restart loop and need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new pc is stuck on a restart loop and need help: Hello I have built my new pc, after I plugged in my usb with windows installer tool my pc crashed when trying to install windows and at around the 4th time trying when I turned it back on instead of showing me the installer menu it crashed and restarted again but now its on a...
  6. My new pc is stuck on a restart loop and need help

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. In need of help. Computer is stuck in a BSOD loop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    In need of help. Computer is stuck in a BSOD loop.: My computer has suddenly been having performance troubles since late December of 2020. The computer started to slow down, affecting its performance, requiring constant restarts until pages would start to run normally again. I finally decided to reset my computer back to...
  8. Stuck in automatic repair loop. Need help quick

Stuck in automatic repair loop. Need help quick: My computer crashed running an app called FiveM. So I restarted the PC and when I login the Screen started flashing so I waited 5 mins and then powered off the PC. When reboot the PC it got stuck in a automatic repair loop. Tried Startup repair Didn't Work Tried System...
  9. Help stuck in loop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help stuck in loop: Im building a computer for christmas and i decided to open up an old computer and fiddle with the parts. All i did was take out and put back in the ram and now im stuck in a BSOD loop. Is there anyway to reinstall windows without losing data? submitted by /u/FireDog658...
  10. Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed

Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed: Read multiple threads and nothings working. Windows 10 installed update on shutdown and since then i cant get to the main screen. It loads onto Preparing automatic repair, diagnosing pc into automatic repair. (Then states it can’t repair) . It’s an all in one pc so the...