Windows 10: Need Help With LibreOffice

Discus and support Need Help With LibreOffice in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I was trying LibreOffice and have a problem. I have a file with all my MS Word Docs in it and one with all my MS Excel files. When I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CChamp, May 22, 2020.

1. CChamp Win User

Need Help With LibreOffice

Hi all, I was trying LibreOffice and have a problem. I have a file with all my MS Word Docs in it and one with all my MS Excel files. When I open WRITER and tell it to use the Word Docs file it does and when I open CALC and tell it to use the Excel file it does. Here is the problem, when I go back to Writer it has changed it's self and is now looking in the Excel file.

It is like both programs can only look in one file. Is there any way to tell Writer to open files from THIS file and Calc to open files from THAT file? Thanks in advance. CC

:)

CChamp, May 22, 2020

2. LibreOffice?

Hello All:

The new version of win10: 1809-17763.437 has published.

BUT my office2007 persists the old disease: can not save the new file *.docx.

Friends suggested me to use LibreOffice. Please tell me the DOWNLOAD

place and your experience.

Thanks! -- Zhao

HonglinZhao, May 22, 2020
  3. ss2020 Win User
    Desktop items open Libreoffice; windows bugged and flickering

My mother's PC had the most bizarre bug I've ever seen this morning.

PC specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit
    Version: 1903 when problem occurred (1909 now)

What happened:
    • all desktop items, including folders, opened in Libreoffice Writer; once open it displayed a blank document then began flickering as if it had bugged while scrolling
    • opened Task Manager from the task bar, selecting the second tab opened the final tab, which began flickering like Libreoffice
    • problems stopped after a restart, then occurred again after another restart; then stopped after the PC ran for a short time
    • no error popups or BSODs
    • she said Candycrush reported an error earlier but it didn't occur when I looked at it; she said it mentioned "something about the desktop"

Steps I've taken:
    • did a quick virus scan then reboot scan with Windows Defender; no problems found
    • sfc /scannow; no problems found
    • installed update KB4537572 and upgraded system to 1909; updates appear to have been successful, no other updates available

At the moment the problem has disappeared, but since it reoccurred previously I'm not sure it hasn't been fixed.

I'm out of ideas. What else can I check and what other tests can I run? Based on the given information could anyone suggest what the problem might be?

ss2020, May 22, 2020
  4. Need Help With LibreOffice

Performance of LibreOffice in Ubuntu vs Windows

Let's try to answer one by one:

• Is it because Windows, in general, is slower than Ubuntu even on faster hardware?
      Which version of MS Windows, 7, 8 or 10; Ubuntu 16.04 using which Desktop Environment.
      I'll suggest you to try the latest version of both OSes, Windows10 and Ubuntu18.04LTS. with the latest Fresh version of LibreOffice that is as of today the 6.1.3 release.
    • Is it because Dell laptops, in general, are slower than HP laptops even with faster specs?
      Not true at all (^_-)
    • Is it because LibreOffice is optimized for Ubuntu, so it specifically is slower on Windows? No
      Here is how you can directly download the latest fresh version (6.1.3) of LibreOffice, and test it on both machines/Operating Systems. to decide what to do next:

amine amine, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Need Help With LibreOffice

1. Need Help With LibreOffice - Similar Threads - Need Help LibreOffice

2. LibreOffice on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LibreOffice on Windows Server: Hello everyone. Can't solve the problem in Java Web Application. The application has been in production for several years now, I only add new functionality if necessary. For the last half of the year, all that had to be done was to update the libraries. But starting from...
  3. LibreOffice on Windows Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LibreOffice on Windows Server: Hello everyone. Can't solve the problem in Java Web Application. The application has been in production for several years now, I only add new functionality if necessary. For the last half of the year, all that had to be done was to update the libraries. But starting from...
  4. Libreoffice "can't be downloaded securely"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Libreoffice "can't be downloaded securely": On my father's computer Windows 10, when he tries to download LibreOffice using Edge, he gets the message that the file "can't be downloaded securely." If he tries on Chrome, the download is silently blocked.I have found that Edge at least gives an option to "Keep Anyway",...
  5. Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating

Libreoffice Calc malfunctioning/miscalculating: Coming from Linux I have some accounts in a LibreOffice "ods" spreadsheet file that I was using no problem. I installed LO 7 in Windows 10 and it seemed to working ok, but I didn't use it much. There is a macro in the file that I wrote myself and it wouldn't start until I...
  6. Can I install libreoffice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I install libreoffice: Can I install libreoffice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-install-libreoffice/45d9fc8b-7eef-4e5b-b004-de148a5ccecc
  7. New LibreOffice 6.1 released

in Windows 10 News
    New LibreOffice 6.1 released: New Libreoffice fresh release 6.1 Download: Download LibreOffice | LibreOffice - Free Office Suite - Fun Project - Fantastic People Full release notes: LibreOffice 6.1: Release Notes - The Document Foundation Wiki JvoCpnwGNFU 115654
  8. New LibreOffice release 6.1

in Windows 10 News
    New LibreOffice release 6.1: New Libreoffice fresh release 6.1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvoCpnwGNFU 115654
  9. LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2

LibreOffice 4.2.0 Beta 2: Libre Office 4.2.0 Beta 2 is on the street. This open source (free) office suite just keeps going. This is a great office program for those who do not wish to doe out a large amount of cash for MS office, and it is good for those just starting out in the world of computing....
  10. LibreOffice Anomaly

LibreOffice Anomaly: I have LibreOffice 5.2 installed in My HP Pavilion Desktop where it has been running satisfactorily for some time. I recently installed the program in my HP Pavilion Laptop, the version now is updated to 5.4. With the earlier version I can scan in wirelessly from any of...