Windows 10: Need help with LTSB update

Discus and support Need help with LTSB update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey fellas, need some expert help. I am running a Windows 10 2015 LTSB (12040) and was facing recent issues with wifi fluctuations, keyboard; wireless;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sud4Gud, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Need help with LTSB update

Hey fellas, need some expert help. I am running a Windows 10 2015 LTSB (12040) and was facing recent issues with wifi fluctuations, keyboard; wireless; and display driver issues. I thought about upgrading it to a newer Win 10. Went through a post which helped me in changing the version from LTSB to Windows Pro. Ran the Update assistant, it recommended v1909. Everything goes well but as soon as the process starts at 0% it shows an error. Next, I tried with the media creation tool, downloaded the windows file but upon entering the product key, it says product key did not work. Had activated the current version of windows using the same product key.

submitted by /u/Sud4Gud
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sud4Gud, Apr 5, 2020
  2. erpster4 Win User

No Updates for LTSB since 1-15

it looks like you are using Win10 LTSB 2016 (v1607) as Windows Update is listing some updates to the 1607 LTSB release.

the previous LTSB release was the 2015 version (the v1507 or RTM release of Win10 LTSB)

erpster4, Apr 5, 2020
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Apr 5, 2020
  4. Need help with LTSB update

Windows 10, Windows 10 LTSB in Micorosoft Update Catalog?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Sorry for reply late.

For example, I see the updates below in the catalog site.

The tagert OS versions are different.

• Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB4012606) Windows 10,Windows 10 LTSB
    • Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1507 (KB4051613) Windows 10 LTSB
    • 2017-11 Update for .NET Framework 4.6.2 on Windows 10 Version 1507 (KB4051600) Windows 10
    • Microsoft .NET Framework4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB3186568) Windows 10 LTSB
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 10 Version 1607 (KB3186568) Windows 10

For 1, it does not have OS Version but the target product is Windows 10, and Windows LTSB.

Does this mean it can apply to all version of Windows 10?

For 2 and 3, there are two different target produts for 1507.

The one for Windows 10 cannot apply to Windows 10 LTSB?

4 and 45seem the same updates but the target OS version is Windows 10 LTSB and Windows 10.

What is the difference between these and how it is determine?

It is confusing...

Thanks,

Kazu

Kazuhiko(2), Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

Need help with LTSB update

1. Need help with LTSB update - Similar Threads - Need help LTSB

2. Win10 LTSB Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 LTSB Update: How do I find out the latest update for Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB build 10240? Also, I cannot use the internet to update the PC, this is a protected device. I will have to manually download this with a USB. Thanks,...
  3. Win10 LTSB Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 LTSB Update: How do I find out the latest update for Windows 10 Enterprise 2015 LTSB build 10240? Also, I cannot use the internet to update the PC, this is a protected device. I will have to manually download this with a USB. Thanks,...
  4. Win10 LTSB Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help with update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with update: Can someone tell me why I cant get updates on my Windows? I have Windows 10 21h1 and Its been a couple of months since I last updated my Windows and still have not get any after that. Does the update stop on my machine?...
  6. Need help with update

Need help with update: Can someone tell me why I cant get updates on my Windows? I have Windows 10 21h1 and Its been a couple of months since I last updated my Windows and still have not get any after that. Does the update stop on my machine?...
  7. Need help with update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with update.: [ATTACH] First of all, please use understandable language, because I'm just casual user xd So, Windows Update says that my version of Windows will lost important updates soon and I have to update it... but I can't. I'm trying to update my windows, but it's installing,...
  8. Need help updating

Need help updating: Tried to update but it said "Can't update system reserved partition" and gave me the error code 0x1900201 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-updating/c9de4556-d25b-42ae-893e-1c125b631a9f
  9. Need help updating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help updating: Hi, I have an HP laptop that came with a 32GB disc, which has nothing except for the OS, Chrome, anti-virus and anti-malware installed. In other words, I can't free up space. I have only 2.5GB of free space, but I need 8GB to download and install a major Windows update. I...
  10. Need help updating

Need help updating: Hi, I have an HP laptop that came with a 32GB disc, which has nothing except for the OS, Chrome, anti-virus and anti-malware installed. In other words, I can't free up space. I have only 2.5GB of free space, but I need 8GB to download and install a major Windows update. I...