Windows 10: Need help with MBR Please

Discus and support Need help with MBR Please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Code: Ok So it looks Like i am always having trouble Booting back into windows so my main Problem that i suffer from is always not able to boot back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MadPaxx, Sep 1, 2018.

1. MadPaxx Win User

Need help with MBR Please

Code: Ok So it looks Like i am always having trouble Booting back into windows so my main Problem that i suffer from is always not able to boot back to windows and at this time even system restore wont help can any one advice me on what to do and never mess up my MBR again Please many thanks[/quote]

:)

MadPaxx, Sep 1, 2018

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Smittychat., Sep 1, 2018
  4. Need help with MBR Please

clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

Need help with MBR Please

1. Need help with MBR Please - Similar Threads - Need help MBR

2. Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help: Hello, my boot situation is a disaster. I’m running Windows 10. I was on the 500mg Samsung SSD over SATA and I’m pretty sure it was BIOS/MBR. I wanted to clone to a new NVME drive, the Samsung 2TB seen in the images. I’m on a Z87 board so I did the AMBIOS hack to add the UEFI...
  3. Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help: Hello, my boot situation is a disaster. I’m running Windows 10. I was on the 500mg Samsung SSD over SATA and I’m pretty sure it was BIOS/MBR. I wanted to clone to a new NVME drive, the Samsung 2TB seen in the images. I’m on a Z87 board so I did the AMBIOS hack to add the UEFI...
  4. Stuck in MBR in UEFI, please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. "MBR Error 1" Please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "MBR Error 1" Please help: Getting this on error on boot. I have a 1 TB ssd with windows 10 installed that was working fine until I restarted machine and booted to this error. “MBR Error 1. Press Any key to boot from floppy”Every thing I’m reading says to boot from a usb, get into command prompt and go...
  6. "MBR Error 1" Please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "MBR Error 1" Please help: Getting this on error on boot. I have a 1 TB ssd with windows 10 installed that was working fine until I restarted machine and booted to this error. “MBR Error 1. Press Any key to boot from floppy”Every thing I’m reading says to boot from a usb, get into command prompt and go...
  7. "MBR Error 1" Please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Need help please!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help please!: So unfortunately for me i was watching a movie last night when it said my internet connection has stopped and error etc... which is now working and fixed but i experienced a issue when my internet cut out at that time, my pictures/videos and settings and mail were all...
  9. Need help please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help please: So yesterday i updated my win10 and every time before a update it start lagging and going all robot mode with me. It always ends after the update. But today ir happened 3 times and the one way to fix it temporarily is to shut it down, it doesn't even wanna go down itself i...
  10. need help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help please: I can't download battle net app on my pc to play blizzard games it wont even download it says on 1 or 2 percent and doesn't go up ugh please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-please/85742886-788d-4482-ba68-682a568b0dae