Windows 10: Need help with MBR Please

Discus and support Need help with MBR Please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Code: Ok So it looks Like i am always having trouble Booting back into windows so my main Problem that i suffer from is always not able to boot back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MadPaxx, Sep 1, 2018.

1. MadPaxx Win User

Need help with MBR Please

Code: Ok So it looks Like i am always having trouble Booting back into windows so my main Problem that i suffer from is always not able to boot back to windows and at this time even system restore wont help can any one advice me on what to do and never mess up my MBR again Please many thanks[/quote]

:)

MadPaxx, Sep 1, 2018
  2. Corduroy_Jr Win User

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Smittychat. Win User
    Smittychat., Sep 1, 2018
  4. CoatH4nger Win User

clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Sep 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with MBR Please - Similar Threads - Need help MBR

2. Need help with CMD command Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with CMD command Please: Ashampoo(R) Web Upload thank you 115758
  3. help please, need advice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help please, need advice: Hi guys, my dad is wanting to find some software to help write short storys on youtube. He has seen people videos where the books scrolls itself down the page like a virtual book, some have imagines like a word pad in the background, we have looked all over for some simple...
  4. Spotlight help needed please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spotlight help needed please: Hello, I'm baffled as usual. The "do you like what you see message" only shows a blue screen where the picture should be, all the text is there but no picture. The strange thing is that the picture shows in the preview section where you turn the feature on or off. All...
  5. Need Help Please After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help Please After Windows Update: After the last Windows 10 update a few days ago, my main PC crashed almost immediately and then continued (unsuccessfully) TRYING to auto repair, reboot, and just going in a never ending loop. Having backups, I decided to try a full reinstall of Windows10. All was fine...
  6. A little help needed please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A little help needed please: I am just about to do my 'Clean Install' of Windows 10. I was given the instructions shown below and I have disconnected the other drives and have restarted the machine, pressed F12 for the boot options and have requested it boot from the USB drive on which I downloaded the...
  7. More urgent help needed please

More urgent help needed please: I have downloaded the W10 ISO file onto a USB stick, in preparation for carrying out a clean install. I have then rebooted my pc and pressed F12 and chose the USB stick as the boot up method. However, when I have done this I am still getting a black screen with a blinking...
  8. Need Help With Windows Upgrade please

Need Help With Windows Upgrade please: I have Windows 10 Pro build 240 installed (and activated) currently, but I want to update to (at minimum) the November Update, currently my start menu is 'broken' because after upgrading from Win 7 I had 512+ shortcuts I have a single (500GB) Hard disk which has been...
  9. help please

in Windows 10 Support
    help please: if i click on any icon . photo or my browser it keeps showing on my desktop unless i close it. plus when i click on the windows key to bring up my apps etc... instead of being on the left as usual it has all changed need help please i enclose screenshots .. thanks [img]...
  10. Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help. Win 10 overwriten MBR... Cannot boot: Hello. So yesterday i got clean new laptop without an OS. It's Acer E5 574G So i installed win 10 pro X64 from install disk and i installed NFS Most Wanted 2012 and everything was ok. All drivers working and it automaticaly used Intel HD on desktop apps and Nvidia Gforce...