Windows 10: Need help with microphone not working on windows 10

Discus and support Need help with microphone not working on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey there, I have a 3.5mm microphone that is working with every other device of mine except my PC which is running windows 10 and I am pretty certain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AsefDian, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Need help with microphone not working on windows 10

Hey there,

I have a 3.5mm microphone that is working with every other device of mine except my PC which is running windows 10 and I am pretty certain that windows 10 is causing the problem. At first, when I recorded with recording software I thought it didn't work at all. But then when I tried to boost the audio with the audio editing software I realized I can hear very quiet and muffled words. It used to work on this exact pc before. I am assuming the windows update ruined it. I have tried everything. Nothing works. The levels in the microphone settings are set to max and boost is set to +30. Still, this problem exists. Please help

submitted by /u/AsefDian
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AsefDian, Feb 3, 2021
  2. Junaid_A Win User

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 3, 2021
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 3, 2021
  4. Need help with microphone not working on windows 10

microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

Need help with microphone not working on windows 10

1. Need help with microphone not working on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need help microphone

2. Need help microphone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help microphone problem: I'm using windows 10 and with a external headset.Whenever i tried to use make skype call, the other party cannot hear me , but i can hear him. But i can leave a voice messageinside skype with him using the same headset.This happen to my whatsapp too, i can leave voice...
  3. Need help microphone problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help microphone problem: I'm using windows 10 and with a external headset.Whenever i tried to use make skype call, the other party cannot hear me , but i can hear him. But i can leave a voice messageinside skype with him using the same headset.This happen to my whatsapp too, i can leave voice...
  4. Need some help with my microphone on windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some help with my microphone on windows 10.: I just reinstalled windows 10 because I changed the hard drive with a SSD. Before the change I was using the same OS but now I can't use a microphone at all. I installed latest realtek drivers from the computer website and it didn't work, i changed them with the ones on the...
  5. Need help with microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with microphone: I have a steelseries Arctis 3 headset it works fine on Xbox and mobile and sounds fine but on my pc it is very quiet and people struggle to hear me. Microphone volume is max and microphone boost is on zero. Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/ginger8U [link] [comments]...
  6. Microphone Isn't Working. Need help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone Isn't Working. Need help.: Hi My microphone is not working at all, Please read this case carefully: The headset I use is a line-in input with three ring pin. My computer is recognising this external device The headset is new and completely functional on other PCs but when i speak into the mic, no...
  7. [HELP] Microphone not working Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [HELP] Microphone not working Windows 10: Hello, the microphone slot in my motherboard is not working. It won't detect but the audio slot works fine. and also I bought and USB headphones with microphone. The headphone works fine but the microphone is not working. But with the USB headset the microphone is...
  8. Need help getting my microphone to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help getting my microphone to work: I have tried everything to get my desktop microphone to work, but I need help because I have tried everything in Windows settings and sound adjustments but I don't know how to test if microphone is bad or input device it bad. I have a Dell 2720 computer but microphone not...
  9. I need microphone help

in Cortana
    I need microphone help: I need help to set up my microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-microphone-help/2c1d0000-a7ad-4e92-aee4-8108cba05ce1"
  10. Need help with microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with microphone: Hello, I recently got a new desktop computer. Before I used a laptop. The computer is really great and works well but I have an issue with the microphone. As there is two entries, one for the headset and one for the mic, and I have a headset with a mic on it I can't...