Windows 10: Need help with microphone

Discus and support Need help with microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a new desktop computer. Before I used a laptop. The computer is really great and works well but I have an issue with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mosh, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Mosh Win User

Need help with microphone

Hello,

I recently got a new desktop computer. Before I used a laptop.
    The computer is really great and works well but I have an issue with the microphone.

As there is two entries, one for the headset and one for the mic, and I have a headset with a mic on it I can't really make both work at the same time.

And weirdly, if I plug the headset on the mic entrie, the mic itself doesn't work but instead I can talk through the headpiece itself. So basically I can convert my headpiece to a mic but the mic itself doesn't work.

How do I do to make the mic and the headset work together ?

At the very least I have an earplug with mic that I used before. But I have the same problem when I plug it into the mic part it doesn't do anything....

Any one got some advice on how to fix this ?

:)

2. cpitty22 Win User

i need some help with microphone changing

Hello i have recently upgraded to windows 10. upon starting up and putting headphones into my computer a program ran that was titled the current connected device is: and continued to say "Which device did you plug in?" there were three options Headphone,
    Speaker out and Headset. i chose one and then checked off the box remember my selection and not show this dialogue next time. so now i want to change my mic from a internal to an external. I have tried many other ways and none of them worked so I was wondering
    inf there was any way to get this program back up so i can unchecked the box and be able to change what device picks up my voice

cpitty22, Jun 24, 2017
  3. NH905 Win User
    i need some help with microphone changing

I have the same issue - I use headphones when in conference calls and rely on the microphone in the web camera. I wanted to test out the microphone in a new headset and could not figure out how to back to the state where I am asked what kind of device I
    am connecting. Control Panel/Sound shows 'Plugable Audio' for both Speakers and Microphone but the state is always 'Not plugged in'.

I have a similar Home laptop where I did not select the 'Remember selection' option. On this laptop, I do not see 'Plugable Audio' sound device but this may be due to other reasons. Both laptops run Windows 10 Home with Realtek HD Audio drivers.

I will post an update if I figure out what application is putting up the prompt and hopefully what registry entries are being set.

NH905, Jun 24, 2017
  4. jl2509 Win User

jl2509, Jun 24, 2017
  5. Mosh Win User
    Oh okay great *Biggrin
    I tought I had to do something with my settings so I was quite confused.
    Thanks for the tips !

6. jl2509 Win User
    No problem, happy to help.

jl2509, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Need help with microphone - Similar Threads - Need help microphone

2. Need help microphone problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help microphone problem: I'm using windows 10 and with a external headset.Whenever i tried to use make skype call, the other party cannot hear me , but i can hear him. But i can leave a voice messageinside skype with him using the same headset.This happen to my whatsapp too, i can leave voice...
  3. Need help microphone problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help microphone problem: I'm using windows 10 and with a external headset.Whenever i tried to use make skype call, the other party cannot hear me , but i can hear him. But i can leave a voice messageinside skype with him using the same headset.This happen to my whatsapp too, i can leave voice...
  4. Need help microphone problem

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have a microphone. Need Help With it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a microphone. Need Help With it.: I have a normal 2 pinned mic. It is showing it's connected. But it is only giving a creaking sound and not what i'm saying at all. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-microphone-need-help-with-it/59f6c06c-7431-420f-96de-ae818c1448af
  6. Need help with microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with microphone: I have a steelseries Arctis 3 headset it works fine on Xbox and mobile and sounds fine but on my pc it is very quiet and people struggle to hear me. Microphone volume is max and microphone boost is on zero. Anyone know a fix? submitted by /u/ginger8U [link] [comments]...
  7. Microphone Isn't Working. Need help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone Isn't Working. Need help.: Hi My microphone is not working at all, Please read this case carefully: The headset I use is a line-in input with three ring pin. My computer is recognising this external device The headset is new and completely functional on other PCs but when i speak into the mic, no...
  8. I need help with my microphone

I need help with my microphone: So recently I bought a cheap condenser microhpone and I've had problems with it. When I first plugged the microphone in the 3.5mm jack it worked fine and it still does,but sometimes all my desktop audio doesn't work and I have to plug it in and out. Another problem I've had...
  9. I need microphone help

in Cortana
    I need microphone help: I need help to set up my microphone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-microphone-help/2c1d0000-a7ad-4e92-aee4-8108cba05ce1"
  10. Need help stopping microphone playback.

Need help stopping microphone playback.: I have a Dell Latitude E6410 running Windows 10 and need a little help. The problem is when I use the external audio input (microphone jack) the audio constantly plays out the audio output (headphone jack). I have unchecked the "Listen To" box for this input and looked...