Windows 10: Need help with my Bluetooth Speaker volume control

Discus and support Need help with my Bluetooth Speaker volume control in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday when i first connect my bluetooth speaker, I'm able to control the volume via either keyboard or the volume control on my PC. But the next... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/assasinroz, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Need help with my Bluetooth Speaker volume control

Yesterday when i first connect my bluetooth speaker, I'm able to control the volume via either keyboard or the volume control on my PC. But the next day it seems that I am unable to do so. (e.g. controling on my PC volume from 1-100 does nothing, 0 will of course mute it.) The only way I can change the volume is having to change it using it speaker itself. Are there any solution for this?

submitted by /u/assasinroz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/assasinroz, Dec 23, 2019

2. Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

Hi Sierra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on the description, the issue you are facing may be due to the Bluetooth speaker driver is outdated since it is new. Since the speaker is running in generic driver. Let’s try simple troubleshooting methods and check if it helps, follow the below
    methods information provided.

Method 1.

I suggest you to update the Bluetooth speaker device driver and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and click on ‘’Update’’.
    If the issue still persist try the below method provided.

Method 2.

As you have mention this issue has occur after recent updates, I suggest you to check for the updates if any Bluetooth updates is pending.

Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on “Check for Updates” from the left pane.

Now click on “Check for Updates” button on the right pane, to receive a fresh list of updates and then install all the updates listed there.

For any issues while installing Windows Updates, you may also refer to this link:

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9830262

If the above method did not fix the issue try the below method.

Method 3.

I would recommend you to download the latest Bluetooth device driver form the Bluetooth manufacturer website and uninstall – reinstall the same in compatibility mode.

Step 1.

Follow the below steps to uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Click on “Bluetooth” and expand it.

• Now right click on the speaker device and uninstall the Bluetooth speaker driver.
    Step 2.

Follow the below steps to re-install the speaker driver.

Note: Make sure you download the updated Bluetooth speaker driver.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Sierra247 Win User
    Need Help With Bluetooth Speaker, Issue is with volume control

I recently added windows 10 three weeks ago. Last week I got my Nogo F1 Portable Sd MP3 Bluetooth speaker to connect with no issue. I found the bluetooth settings and was able to get the computer to recognize, pair and connect. I then went into my sound
    settings (Volume Control) and it was there. I was able to set it to default and from then on when I would turn the computer off at night, then connect it the morning, the speaker would automatically connect with no issues.

This week has been nothing but a mess to get the speaker to work, and its a new speaker. I went into "More bluetooth options" and made sure "Allow bluetooth to find PC" was checked, along with all the other options below it checked, then I went into "Com Ports"
    and it is listed in the Add list. When the speaker is properly paired it gives off the sound that windows ten sounds off when anything is plugged in through the USB ports to my laptop. I then proceeded into my Volume control and at times, it will list it.
    As soon as I set it to default, it then disapears and the volume control automatically selects my laptops speakers as default since my Nogo speaker disappears off the list. I go back into bluetooth settings and it still is showing in the list and is paired.
    Yet it will no longer show up in my volume control.

I know there was a recent update I believe and ever since then, I can not get the speaker to work. I know the issue is not with the speaker because it works fine when I hook it up to my phone or any other device that recognizes bluetooth items.

I even shut down my computer. Turn the speaker off, then continue to restart my laptop, turn on the speaker and again it will connect then as soon as I try to set it to default in volume control, it will disappear for no reason, and it does not give off the
    sound when an item is disconnected from the laptop. I even made sure "Show disabled devices" and "Show disconnect devices" is checked under the volume control. It does nothing.

Any help would be much appreciate. My boyfriend (who is an IT tech) even tried to do recovery on my laptop where it goes back a few days encase something had changed. He set it back to 9/1/2015 and got it to work. Only thing is i set my laptop to sleep for
    a little bit, turned off the speaker. Then later in the evening I turned everyhting back on and its back to square one with issues with volume control.

Thank you for your time and any help would be much appreciated.

Sierra247, Dec 23, 2019
  4. Need help with my Bluetooth Speaker volume control

Bluetooth speaker - volume control issue

Hi

My speaker is Edifier R1700BT. All used to work great, I was able to control volume from Windows, it was independent from the physical control on the speaker. (I have Windows 10 nootebook with internal bluetooth card)

Then I did 1803 update.

Now when i press button "volume up" speaker makes "beep", and the volume does not change, only when it "0" then it mutes. My volume control is now binnary 1-0 (100% or nothing) and it beeps every 2% step what is very ennoying.

How can I repair some settings to set previous version of volume regulation again? I tried to disconnect speaker, remove it from device manger, update drives, but it didnt help.

Krzysztof

@probably worth to add, that via minijack everything is fine

KrzysztofXW, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Need help with my Bluetooth Speaker volume control

1. Need help with my Bluetooth Speaker volume control - Similar Threads - Need help Bluetooth

2. Bluetooth Speaker Volume Control not working in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Bluetooth Speaker Volume Control not working in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If Bluetooth Speaker Volume Control not working and you cannot adjust the volume of a Bluetooth speaker on your Windows 11/10 computer, this article will show you how to fix this problem. According to the users, the volume of their Bluetooth speakers sticks at a...
  3. Bluetooth volume control issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth volume control issues: I have an "ortho remote" https://teenage.engineering/products/orthoremote Bluetooth audio control controlling volume, play/pause, etc from teenage.engineering. In Windows 10 21H1 19043.1110, changing the volume on the remote is unpredictable; when I change the volume it...
  4. Volume control help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume control help?: I have to use zoom for my online classes in school, but the volume from the app is ridiculously loud, so I get ear bleeds whenever the teacher speaks. I try to turn down the volume of the zoom app in my settings, but it does not stick and resets the volume back to 100...
  5. volume mixer is controlled by my speakers.

volume mixer is controlled by my speakers.: when ever i adjust the volume through my speaker i can see the sound bars in the mixer go up down when i adjust sound up or down with the speakers button. i never had this issue untill i got my new speakers Razer nommo my last pair just adjusted it own sound without being...
  6. bluetooth speaker volume problm

bluetooth speaker volume problm: hi. i'm using Windows 10.the version is 1903 OS build 18362.959.i'm facing a problm to control the bluethooth speaker volume from my laptop's keyboard. please help me with a solution....
  7. Bluetooth speaker - volume control issue

Bluetooth speaker - volume control issue: Hi My speaker is Alfa link BTS 475. All used to work great, I was able to control volume from Windows, it was independent from the physical control on the speaker. Then I did update windows. but, i forgot the version of update. Now when i press button "volume up"...
  8. Windows 10 bluetooth speaker volume control is not working

Windows 10 bluetooth speaker volume control is not working: hi, i have successfully paired my PC with Anker bluetooth speaker (A3143 stereo) but the Windows volume cannot adjust the volume (except for mute) Please advise...
  9. How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently

How do i control Bluetooth speaker volume independently: i just downloaded an update to windows 10 and found out that my volume controls had changed. previously, i could set the bluetooth volume to its highest with its hardware buttons and set my laptop master volume to where i want it. now turning up the bluetooth hardware volume...
  10. JBL Speaker volume control problem

JBL Speaker volume control problem: Hi all, new poster,no too tech savvy and unsure of which section to post in. Just fired up our brand-new Dell Inspiron this morning, plugged in the battered but still very serviceable JBL M310 J2.1 surround speakers,and couldn't turn the volume up using the on-speaker...