Windows 10: Need help with my computer audio

Discus and support Need help with my computer audio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Today my GTX 1660 arrived, and i lost no time to try and install it. unistalled all my old 1050 drivers, installed the new GPU and tried to boot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by fabi0wz, May 5, 2020.

1. fabi0wz Win User

Need help with my computer audio

Today my GTX 1660 arrived, and i lost no time to try and install it.

unistalled all my old 1050 drivers, installed the new GPU and tried to boot the Pc. it didnt work. searched a whole lot of forums, tried DDUing, tried to change the boot gpu on the bios etc and nothing worked, tought it could be the PCI cable so i opened the back of the case and tried to see if everything was well connected. I was about to give up thinking the gpu was faulty and decided one last thing, to format the pc. After a while and manually installing the drivers the GPU started working. tested some games and everything was fine, until i try to plug in my headphones.

all i could hear from them was this static piiiiiiiiiiii noise, nothing else, no audio whatsoever.

once again i go search every post i can find talking about this issue, and tried everything, installing drivers, manually installing them, disabling and enabling hd audio on bios, plugging into the front and the back audio ports. even tried to remove and put the old 1050 in to see if there was any difference.

only relevant thing i think i could was find was that in the front of the case the piiiiiii is louder than if i plug them in the back.

tested other headphones all happen the same static noise,

tried the headphones on my phone and on a laptop they work fine.

wich now leads me to believe its the motherboard audio. tried to unplug clean dust and plug cables back again still same result.

also dont have any USB headphones to test if they work trough usb.

think this is pretty much all, can someone help me?

all drivers are up to date, manually checked everything

motherboard is H110M PRO-VH

am i missing anything, is this a faulty motherboard? and if so how did i happen out of the sudden?

:)

fabi0wz, May 5, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 5, 2020
  3. Audio not working! Need Help!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.
    Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I suggest you to go to the below link, select appropriate Windows operating system and download the audio driver and install same.

http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/580/0/5/0gOdr7OTSYtNTbh2/45/

Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, May 5, 2020
  4. Need help with my computer audio

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Need help with my computer audio

1. Need help with my computer audio - Similar Threads - Need help computer

2. I need help with my audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help with my audio: i was on my pc and i noticed realtek has some how uninstalled its self or someone in my family uninstalled it, i tried redownloading and it doesnt seem to work , i was wondering can i use a BlueTooth head set without realtek? submitted by /u/lildoodleb0b [link] [comments]...
  3. Need Help with Audio

Need Help with Audio: I recently bought some apple earbuds with the 3.5mm jack and when I plugged them in the audio sounded terrible. The audio sounded a bit bass boosted and from down a hallway. submitted by /u/Eddo712 [link] [comments]...
  4. Need help with my Computer

Need help with my Computer: I recently updated to Windows 10 update 2004 and the following day I used my computer I received multiple Werfault.Exe application error and svchost.exe application error. My desktop isn't loading(grey background) and so is my task bar(light blue circular loading icon). When...
  5. Need help with my computer.

Need help with my computer.: I just was just forced to update windows and at the tail end of it my computer black screened. Now everytime I start it up I get the error "Whea uncorrectable error". It was fine before the update so I don't know what to do. Also I am able to stay on the desktop in Safe mode...
  6. Hey i need help with my audio.

Hey i need help with my audio.: [ATTACH] i ran the troubleshooter, got this, dont know what it means. sorry for my computer illiteracy. https://preview.redd.it/059ooupuww351.png?width=571&format=png&auto=webp&s=aeb7bc19f43f1247020ca11e9046aec9784856fc submitted by /u/Disgruntled_Mexican [link]...
  7. Need help with my audio driver [Realtek]

Need help with my audio driver [Realtek]: I've bought last week an Lenovo T440 [20b7s09600] and my audio on headphones worked pretty fine, except that when Windows updated automatically [1909] in night one day then the audio worked, but at a lower volume [sorta like 100% = 64%]. I almost heard nothing and I couldn't...
  8. Help needed to fix my audio drivers!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help needed to fix my audio drivers!: Hi, my Realtek Audio Console didn't work, so I looked for some solution on the internet. In the end, I downloaded and installed "Realtek UAD Generic 6.0.8900.1-2" and after restarting my pc, Audio Console is working, but the speakers won't play any music! What should I do?...
  9. I need help with my audio!

I need help with my audio!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SprinkledBlunt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eggt3o/i_need_help_with_my_audio/
  10. Need help with audio

Need help with audio: I’m not sure if this is the right place to put this but I’m trying to record my gameplay to post to my YouTube but I don’t want to have my speech and music being recorded aswell, I’m using GeForce Experience which records all audio coming from the default output. So I need to...