Windows 10: Need Help With New Build That Cannot Use Windows 10

Discus and support Need Help With New Build That Cannot Use Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recently i built a new PC cost me about $1500. i can use this PC i built on windows 7 fine, but on windows 10 anytime i try to download and install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by SirEternal, May 2, 2016.

1. Need Help With New Build That Cannot Use Windows 10

Recently i built a new PC cost me about $1500. i can use this PC i built on windows 7 fine, but on windows 10 anytime i try to download and install (doesn't matter which drivers i try to install new or old by a couple of months) drivers for my gtx 970 my computer screen goes black and then i cant boot. I also cant upgrade to windows 10, therefor making me do a clean install of windows 10 just for it to break 10 minutes later. As soon as i start to install nvidia drives for my gpu. And yes i have made sure the firewall and antivirus is not in the way. I have even tried to make a restore point As SOON as i get into windows 10, and it still breaks. when i boot up i see the mobo splash screen and then the blue windows logo with the spinning circle which freezes a couple of seconds later. Also trying to restore my pc from the "restore point" ive created does not help at all. Ps. Cpu and Gpu are NOT new products ive taken them off my old pc which is running windows 10. Any help would be very nice!
    Specs
    Mother Board: intel dz77ga-70k updated to latest bios
    Memory: Corsair dominater platinum 16gb 2400mhz
    SSD: Silicon Power 120GB S60 2.5
    HDD: WD Black 1TB
    Corsari H105 water cooler
    Video Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 970 STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5 4GB
    PSU: CORSAIR RMx RM850X
    CPU: i7 3770 Non K

:)

SirEternal, May 2, 2016

2. New user - need help with PC Suite use

Hi,

1) Do you mean that you can not find installed application from phone (or what)?

2) Try to update Contacts folder -> open Nokia Phone Browser > "phone name" > Contacts > and press F5 button.

Contacts folder includes also button for create a new contact and when you click "Save", it saves that in phone.

BTW: if you contacts are in SIM card -> you have to copy those first in phone memory.

miksu---01, May 2, 2016
  3. New user - need help with PC Suite use

Hello. I have a new Nokia 6233, and have installed the current version of PC Suite (6.84.10.4), but can't figure out how to make certain things work that seem like they should. I'm using Windows XP with Service Pack2, and am connecting my phone with my
    PC via Bluetooth.

1) I have installed an application using the Install Applications component of PC Suite, and it now shows that the new app is on the phone -- but how do I actually get it from showing up in that category on PC suite to the actual phone?

2) I have hundreds of phone numbers that migrated over poorly from my old Sony Ericsson via SIM, and would like to edit them on the PC instead of on the phone. However, I see nothing under Contacts in PC Suite. How do I get the PC to recognise the contacts
    on the phone? If I enter new ones on the PC, how do I get them to the actual phone?

Thanks in advance if you can help!

//Albie

albie1---01, May 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Need Help With New Build That Cannot Use Windows 10

Hello SirEternal.

Can you operate your system without the GPU card by using on-board graphics and see if you can get W10 installed and working? If successful you will be able to set up restore points etc. before you then later add back the graphics card and try to get that working.

If you can't get the upgrade working without the Graphics card there maybe some other problem to solve related to the motherboard or memory settings.

philc43, May 2, 2016
  5. Check your BIOS settings, too, to make sure it is set to use an add-in card, rather than just built-in/onboard.

DeaconFrost, May 2, 2016
  6. Sorry about the wait. Yes I can use Windows 10 without the gpu. When I first built the system it was working without the gpu but then I updated the bios on my mobo, put the gpu back in and then window's would not boot. It's strange I've used the 970 on my other pc that was running Windows 10.

SirEternal, May 3, 2016
  7. kipper Win User
    As Decon says above.......check the BIOS and see how it is setup for use of an add on card versus the build in on-board video from the CPU......sounds like a good starting point......

kipper, May 3, 2016
  8. Need Help With New Build That Cannot Use Windows 10

Thank you all for the help so far, I will try this when I get home. Just a side note here, when I did a clean install I was using my gpu. You know the dvi cord plugged into the 970 which was then plugged into the monitor. Like I said though as soon as i install nvidia drivers my screen goes black and I can't boot. I can how ever boot in safe mode. I just wanted to say that, thanks again for the help so far everyone.

SirEternal, May 3, 2016
  9. philc43 Win User
    Just a thought... I have come across problems when monitors do not communicate properly with the graphics cards for the energy saving features and you can sometimes be left with a black screen. Can you try connecting with an HDMI lead to see if this works better.

philc43, May 3, 2016
  10. I'm also wondering if it is an issue with the monitor, where the drivers are trying to display a resolution that the monitor can't handle. Do you have another monitor to try? If it works in Safe Mode but not normally, this may be the case.

DeaconFrost, May 3, 2016
  11. Would that cause windows not to boot? yes i do both of my monitors are 1080p displays.

SirEternal, May 3, 2016
  12. I was referring to the black screen after loading the drivers.

DeaconFrost, May 3, 2016
  13. RWOne Win User

Sounds like the update to BIOS may have changed something there, either a setting, or maybe it now causes an incompatibility with that card/board on 10.

As to if it is a resolution the monitor cant show, I tend to disagree, only in that most LCD's (unless really old, or not an LCD) if the res is off will toss up an on screen display message of some sort to indicate. "Resolution not supported", etc. OP reports a totally blank screen, I assume monitor light indicates active, not sleeping, so it's getting a total blank output from the card (source)

RWOne, May 3, 2016
  14. Correct, i know its not the card because im using it as we speak.

SirEternal, May 3, 2016
  15. kipper Win User
    Just doing a little research it seems others have had your same problem and it was the monitor causing the problem..........have you tried both monitors you say you have there.......

kipper, May 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Need Help With New Build That Cannot Use Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need Help Build

2. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot boot into windows 10 need help?: our church has an dell computer upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10 something happened power failure now we cannot boot into windows 10 need help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-into-windows-10-need-help/e352f4cd-2717-424d-9b89-6d49ee49cc56
  3. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot boot into windows 10 need help?: our church has an dell computer upgraded from window 8.1 to windows 10 something happened power failure now we cannot boot into windows 10 need help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-into-windows-10-need-help/e352f4cd-2717-424d-9b89-6d49ee49cc56
  4. cannot boot into windows 10 need help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. New Build - Windows 10 install ERROR - - Need Help!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Build - Windows 10 install ERROR - - Need Help!: Got my first build put together yesterday. Went pretty smooth, took my time. At the end of the day, I hit the power button and... It posted. Todays mission is to install Windows 10 64bit Pro (without a license for now) Got off to a bad start when the install flash drive was...
  6. Need help moving SSDs to a new build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help moving SSDs to a new build: I recently swapped out my motherboard (thanks to the redditors who helped me last week). I had to wipe my boot drive and do a clean install of Windows 10. I'd like to transfer the other SSDs from the old pc over though (they don't have an OS on them, just game files I'd like...
  7. Cannot log into windows 10 - Need Help

Cannot log into windows 10 - Need Help: My PC was showing 2 users on start up so I decided to try and fix it. I typed "netplwiz" into the search bar; only one user was showing up. I went to properties of that user, changed the name of the user and hit OK. I clicked the user, and the "remove" icon was now clickable....
  8. Need some help with a new build

Need some help with a new build: Sup everyone. I need a bit of help on something that is stumping me on a new build I have done. To start this is my first time dealing with Windows 10 free version or whatever they call it. Now the problem. I was asked by a friend to build him a PC. So I said sure. I got the...
  9. I need help troubleshooting a new system build with no display.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I need help troubleshooting a new system build with no display.: I have: ASUS Prime - B250 Plus Intel Core I5 - 7600K 32 Gb Vengeance LPX memory EVA 550 Watt PSU 500 Gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD LG Blu Ray drive 1 Tb Western Digital Green HDD 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda HDD I put the system together with no problem. However when I went to turn it...
  10. Windows 10 cannot repair your computer; new build using Samsung 970

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 cannot repair your computer; new build using Samsung 970: Yesterday, I assembled a new computer (done this many times) and installed Win 10 Pro on a Samsung 970 evo SSD. When I finished, Windows was working so I put it aside until today when I was ready to install software. I started it up and installed one app (Fling FTP client...