Windows 10: Need help with new PC windows activation

Discus and support Need help with new PC windows activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my PC, and need to update windows again. I had a windows 10 license before I upgraded. After the upgrade my windows key is gone. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChunTact, Nov 30, 2018.

1. ChunTact Win User

Need help with new PC windows activation

I recently upgraded my PC, and need to update windows again. I had a windows 10 license before I upgraded. After the upgrade my windows key is gone. I thought that deleting my old PC as a device from my device management in the Microsoft account would work, but it just killed my last way of getting my key back. Is there anyway I can contact support to verify that I have previously owned a windows 10 license before and need to put it on my new computer?

:)

ChunTact, Nov 30, 2018

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 30, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Need help with new PC windows activation

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Need help with new PC windows activation

1. Need help with new PC windows activation - Similar Threads - Need help activation

2. Need help activating windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help activating windows: Hello, after moving my SSD to a new computer, I can't activate windows, and all Microsoft products are in Russian, which I can't change unless I activate Windows for some reason...I have no clue what my product key is as this computer and hard drive from which I transferred...
  3. Need help activating windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating windows: Hello, after moving my SSD to a new computer, I can't activate windows, and all Microsoft products are in Russian, which I can't change unless I activate Windows for some reason...I have no clue what my product key is as this computer and hard drive from which I transferred...
  4. Need help activating windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help new pc: Got a new pc for my birthday. Its windows 10 and all seems to be fine except I can't connect ro the Wi-fi after hours of trying differnt ways it just won't work. I'm on a WPA2 personal router btw but it keeps telling me that it's unable to connect and that "the WiFi network...
  6. Need help activating windows

Need help activating windows: Whenever I try to activate windows with my License Key, it says that I need to connect to my organization's activation service. And whenever I troubleshoot, it says that something interrupted the troubleshooting and that I need to make sure that I'm connected to the internet...
  7. Need Help With Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Help With Windows Activation: So I just recently upgraded all of my hardware on my computer except my hard drives and power supply. After a couple days the "Activate Windows" text showed up on my screen and I am not sure why. Windows should still be on the original hard drive since i never replaced it...
  8. need help with new pc

need help with new pc: i recently bought a new pc, booted it up and it had 2 different accounts, i was fine and ive been able to use it perfectly fine. the other account however is the admin account that i dont have the password to. is there any way to access/ get rid of this account without...
  9. Fresh install on new PC, need to re-activate license, help?

Fresh install on new PC, need to re-activate license, help?: I have buildt a new pc and want to transfer my Windows 10 Pro License to the new PC. It's activated with a digital license and is linked to my microsoft account. How do I proceed? submitted by /u/Demisint [link] [comments]...
  10. Need help with my new PC

Need help with my new PC: So I kinda messed up the setup of my new gaming pc bc I found a setting where you can change where new items are put to, like what drive or what not. And I had it to my 220gb HDD and the 900gb SSD that came built in and every game I installed went to the HDD, i am resetting...