Windows 10: Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

Discus and support Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. If you could help, I’d be very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sir Caramel, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. If you could help, I’d be very grateful. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m loathe to do a complete OS reinstall. I’ve proved to myself that I know just enough of this stuff to get me into serious trouble, but that’s about it!My Win 10 is fully updated. I have an SSD drive with my OS and some software on it and a few other drives with installed audio & video software and media. I migrated my OS disk to a larger SSD due to lack of s

:)

Sir Caramel, Aug 29, 2022
  2. Rexter Win User

Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Aug 29, 2022
  3. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Aug 29, 2022
  4. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

1. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition - Similar Threads - Need help non

2. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now boots Windows cannot ‘see’ the recovery partition. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m...
  3. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now boots Windows cannot ‘see’ the recovery partition. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m...
  4. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. If you could help, I’d be very grateful. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m loathe to do a complete OS reinstall....
  6. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. If you could help, I’d be very grateful. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m loathe to do a complete OS reinstall....
  7. Win 10 Recovery Mode Loop - Need Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Recovery Mode Loop - Need Help: Hello peeps. Im new here and relativly new to windows 10 and have come seeking some help in regards to my windows 10 PC After installing KODI and downloading a repository for YODA from GitHub. My pc Crashed and went into recovery mode. I tried all the usual options...
  8. After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After Upgrade to Win 10 - Is Recovery Partition Useful?: Now running Win 10 Pro 64bit. Just did an in-place upgrade from Win 7 Pro. Seems to have worked fine - but I'm still testing.... This is an HP PC which came with Win 7 and there is a recovery partition on the system disk. Is this recovery partition of any use now that...
  9. Fixed Win 10 but have slight problem booting (Need help please)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fixed Win 10 but have slight problem booting (Need help please): I thank everyone for the tutorials that helped me install Win 10 and get it working. My problem is I have Win 8.1 Pro on a Samsung EVO SSD T-1. I went out and bought a Samsung 225 gig SSD HDD to install Win 10. I downloaded the Win 7 ISO and it worked perfectly. When I first...
  10. Multiple Recovery Partitions After Windows 10 upgrade, Need help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Recovery Partitions After Windows 10 upgrade, Need help?: Windows 10 went ahead and installed without my permission on my Dell laptop. I wasn't ready to upgrade, yet. The install finished, I looked it over and decided I needed to roll back to 8.1. I did this and now I have multiple recovery partitions and barely any disk space left...