Windows 10: Need help with number of issues

Discus and support Need help with number of issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Windows 10 since the insider for more than a year, and I have some issues that are very annoying and wasnt solved yet by Microsoft: I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Zeev, May 14, 2016.

1. Zeev Win User

Need help with number of issues

Hi,
    I am using Windows 10 since the insider for more than a year, and I have some issues that are very annoying and wasnt solved yet by Microsoft:
    • I have a dual boot and each time I turn on my computer, Windows 10 doesnt recognize Xbox One controller. I have to turn off the computer (by force, since it doesnt turns off manually, it loops on the "shutting down" for ages) and after I turn on the computer for the second time, it recognizes the controller. While on the first boot, I get an error message in "manage" when I double click the driver that says that the driver is not loaded.
    • Sometimes when I boot my PC to Win10 it loads programs very slowly and the CPU load is always 100%.
    • I am not sure if its Microsoft or Nvidia issue, but for more than a year some full screen applications doesnt detect active screen if I have 2 screens on a duplicate setting. I just see black screen and the app displays on the second display which is powered off.
    • If I play a video game for some hours, then watch youtube, the video stutters only while it being buffered. If I restart the computer, the issue doesnt appear until I run video game again (doesnt matter which one).
    • Some times when I switch to other display and run a video game, then close it, Windows changes the icons size and the icons are all over the screen.
    The OS is clean and was installed a month ago with all the motherboard drivers and is fully updated (OS and Nvidia).
    Please help me if you know any fix for at least some of my issues.
    Thanks.

:)

2. Rolling back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, then back to 10 when support for 7 ends.

1. Go back to Windows 7 or go back to the previous build?

2. Did you purchase the refurbished computer on 10 January, first use it on 10 January, or did the refurbisher (I assume) "install" Win10 on 10 January?

3a. Where did you purchased the refurbished computer?

3b. Do you know who refurbished it?

4. What Windows 10 Version & OS Build is currently installed?

Press & hold the Windows Key and press the R
    key. In the RUN dialog, type WINVER and press the Enter key.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments:

• IMHO you can't trust the security of any used computer unless & until YOU have formatted the HDD & then done a clean install of Windows (or paid someone - not the supposed "refurbisher" - to do it for you).
    • Mom's prolly better off sticking with Win10. Learning new stuff is good for her! <wink>

We purchased the computer from a Comprenew store on January 18, but the date on the OS install was January 10. We just activated the software on the 18th. Comprenew recycles old electronics etc. and is a certified Microsoft refurbisher. I am not positive
    which build is installed, but I can find it when I get over there. It looks like we have lots of help here to figure things out... all is tremendously appreciated. And... yes....it is good for her to learn new stuff, so we are trying to encourage her to
    learn the "new" Windows OS. We'll see what happens. Thanks again! Need help with number of issues :) Oh yeah, I do need to double check if it says go back to Windows7 or previous build...thanks for that. I've been looking at too many computers lately... can't remember which one says
    what. :[

Need some help with..., May 14, 2016
  3. Information from calender missing after updating to version 1709

Hi, and thanks. There were only about 10 or so events with a couple paragraphs of notes on each event. The syncing process was taking hours. Something isn't right. I'm pretty sure it's not a bandwidth issue. The same message keeps coming up stating "We're
    not able to show you some events in this time frame. But They're still there-via your account provider." What exactly does that mean. It sounds like it should be a simple fix. Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it? I really need this info.

One other thing, as you can see, there does not appear to be another restore point prior to the 1709 update. All attempts failed.

Need some help with..., May 14, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Need help with number of issues - Similar Threads - Need help number

2. Need a help line telephone number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a help line telephone number: Need a help line telephone number urgently re a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-help-line-telephone-number/25acdad2-6525-450b-9330-7725661fd112
  3. Need a help line telephone number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a help line telephone number: Need a help line telephone number urgently re a scam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-help-line-telephone-number/25acdad2-6525-450b-9330-7725661fd112
  4. Need help with crashing issue.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with crashing issue.: Hello all,First of all thanks for taking the time to read my post. Lately my PC is randomly crashing, so far this happened only while gaming but not sure if gaming is the cause. Basically what happens is the screen freezes, the colors of the monitor get all funny and it...
  5. Need help with crashing issue.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with crashing issue.: Hello all,First of all thanks for taking the time to read my post. Lately my PC is randomly crashing, so far this happened only while gaming but not sure if gaming is the cause. Basically what happens is the screen freezes, the colors of the monitor get all funny and it...
  6. Need help with a display issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need help with a display issue: My old Samsung SyncMaster B2030 is showing something I don't know how to name, so I'll say it's like a galaxy of small shiny white dots. [img] [img] Can you please explain what is that and what can I do to fix it, should it have any fix? TIA. Windows 10 Pro 20H2...
  7. Need help with this issue.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help with this issue.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_JmartinezJ_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwj9k1/need_help_with_this_issue/
  8. I need help in this issue.

I need help in this issue.: I have a Dell Inspiron 5570 with windows 10. Last week, I had done a reset but because my battery discharged completely, my windows got corrupted and my laptop was stuck in a restart loop. I was not being able to open safe mode or any advanced repair mode from Dell. Somehow...
  9. Need help with an issue.

Need help with an issue.: Recently I’ve had an issue where my computer isn’t functioning very well. I’m not able to open any applications but settings and file explorer, so my computer is pretty much completely useless. When I click on any file/application, nothing happens, and the computer reacts as...
  10. Need a telephone number for windows help desk

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need a telephone number for windows help desk: Lap top is locked by hacker need telephone number for windows support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/need-a-telephone-number-for-windows-help-desk/ac1a1092-6a2b-435e-bf00-3f7590ed646e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Not able to show you some events