Windows 10: Need help with OS installation

Discus and support Need help with OS installation in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] So I'm gonna be building a new pc soon and putting all my existing drives into that one. My old pc is going to go to my brother and I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pygmypuf, May 2, 2020.

1. Need help with OS installation

Need help with OS installation b0bBhHDhxzJAY69-PkX4jJZcVSFpx4F38auKd95eVeo.jpg

So I'm gonna be building a new pc soon and putting all my existing drives into that one. My old pc is going to go to my brother and I have a drive for that already. I want to install windows on that drive already, so when all of the parts come, he can instantly use it, plug and play.

First I tried just downloading the media creation tool and launching it on my pc with the new drive pluged in. But I just get this error:

win error

As I already have windows on this PC this doesn't make any sense. I also tried repairing the system files through command prompt, but it didn't change anything.

Next, I tried just unpluging all of my other drives, except the new one and booting from a USB drive with the creation tool, but I just get "Loading operating system" and nothing happens. I went into BIOS and changed the boot priorities, and tried all of the USB options listed there:

USB-fdd; USB-hdd; USB-cdrom (I might be forgetting some), but that didn't change anything either. I also tried wiping the drive again and booting with priority "hdd", but it didn't help.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/Pygmypuf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pygmypuf, May 2, 2020
  2. Depth Win User

Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 2, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 2, 2020
  4. lynx29 Win User

Need help with OS installation

help me install Lineage OS, I made a video of where I am stuck at

video here, watch at 1.25x or 1.5x speed to save time... I downloaded latest Lineage OS for my phone ZTE Axon 7 Mini, (it does not make you root the phone to install this OS and I don't want to root it, beause I want netflix still to work), well anyways, I follow all the official steps listed on lineage OS website https://download.lineageos.org/tulip and you will see in the video where I get stuck, someone help me get past this part please, thanks!

lynx29, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Need help with OS installation

1. Need help with OS installation - Similar Threads - Need help installation

2. I have this Leonovo Ideacentre 310s. Need help to install OS.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have this Leonovo Ideacentre 310s. Need help to install OS.: I have this Lenovo Ideacentre 310, that I needed to install the latest version of Win10. I have spent 2 days trying to reimage this device, but it keeps getting stuck on a Blue Windows 10 Logo screen with no spinning dots. I have tried 2 different flash drives and all of them...
  3. Need help in creating manual backup of Windows OS.

Need help in creating manual backup of Windows OS.: I want to create manual backup of My Windows 10 laptop and Windows 7 desktop. How can I do it? Can I transfer my Windows 10 to my Windows 7 desktop through my laptop? Do I need hidden folders too?...
  4. Need help with OS recovery after upgrade

Need help with OS recovery after upgrade: I need help with a double problem on my Windows 10 PC. After a recent update the OS does not start. When I try to perform any recovery action it is asking for a local account password that I never set. How can I bypass or reset that local account password on a PC that does...
  5. I need help with white hp chrome os

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I need help with white hp chrome os: My hp is completely I was trying to make mine a switch to chrome os to windows laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-need-help-with-white-hp-chrome-os/651fd624-7e69-45ad-bf53-e5eb061f234a
  6. Install windows 10 OS help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Install windows 10 OS help: I was trying to build a Hackintosh using Opencore. I gave up, but in the process of installing the macOS I ended up formatting my SSD to accommodate the OS. I ended up formatting the whole drive which in turn deleted the Windows 10 OS and its boot manager. Now I reformatted...
  7. I Need Help Installing an OS

I Need Help Installing an OS: I have a HP Stream '14. It has very low storage think its about 15GB, so I tried deleting some files. Being the idiot that I am, I think I ended up deleting some important Windows files before turning off my laptop, and when I turned it back on, well, there's some "no boot"...
  8. Need help regarding misfunction of OS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help regarding misfunction of OS: I might have deleted some system files recently by mistake and it is very difficult to use my PC now. Every .exe file I open asks me to choose a program to open it with, even many of the system apps and processes ask this now. Like task manager or different troubleshooters. I...
  9. Dual OS Installation Help Required

Dual OS Installation Help Required: Hopefully this is the right section to post this. I use my 2 laptops for djing and I want to be able to set up 2 instances of Windows 10 on one of the laptops so I can set it up with different software versions for testing. Therefore I'd like to create 2 partitions (i...
  10. Deleted OS Partition and Need Help

Deleted OS Partition and Need Help: Hello. I have an Acer laptop that had Windows 8 on it. We took the free upgrade to get to Windows 10 and tried it for a few months. Now I decided to try to install Windows 7 on it. I put the disc in the drive and booted. I deleted all partitions except for the data partition...