Windows 10: Need Help with Power State Drive Failure BSOD cannot access safemode to uninstall faulty...

Discus and support Need Help with Power State Drive Failure BSOD cannot access safemode to uninstall faulty... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hardware AMD Ryzen-7 3700x RTX 2070 2 8gb ddr4 ram 500 gb Samsung nvme m.2 ssd 500 gb Seagate HDD Hello, I recently had a BSOD last week trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NickWeston1, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Need Help with Power State Drive Failure BSOD cannot access safemode to uninstall faulty...

Hardware

AMD Ryzen-7 3700x

RTX 2070

2 8gb ddr4 ram

500 gb Samsung nvme m.2 ssd

500 gb Seagate HDD

Hello, I recently had a BSOD last week trying to install windows update. My tech guy fixed the BSOD after I went and got a new SSD because he said my SSD was corrupted with bad drivers. After a day he got me able to log into my account, he re-installed windows completely and installed all the latest drivers and software. I took my pc home and booted it, logged in fine. But when I go to play my games and 20 minutes into using the pc, I notice lagging stuttering, cursor lag, fps drops, and my audio is very bugged out.

When I tried to restart my pc, it takes about 10 mins and than gives me "driver power state failure" restarts my pc for me, and lets me log in. From there I tried to update the faulty drivers. Reinstall them from manufacturer, but sometimes the drivers fail to install. I have turned on memory dump 256 kb.

Occasionally after restarting from BSOD my pc will run properly like normal for the next 20 mins, but than audio, frames, and basic use starts to bug out and it becomes very frustrating to operate. I have a feeling I need to uninstall all my network adapter drivers and display adapter drivers as it has something to do with my drivers not communicating properly with my hardware. When I try to reinstall using DDU my computer will not boot into safemode and instead BSODS with power state driver failure and restarts. I cannot boot into safemode manually either. I can copy my files from event properties and show you guys the Critical Events and error messages.

I have 44 of these critical events happened in the past day.

Event ID 79

-Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime
    [ Guid] {f1ef270a-0d32-4352-ba52-dbab41e1d859}
    EventID79
    Version0
    Level1
    Task0
    Opcode0
    Keywords0x2000200000000001
    -TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-07-31T01:01:37.5441176Z
    EventRecordID1874
    Correlation
    -Execution

[ ProcessID] 7752
    [ ThreadID] 13524
    ChannelMicrosoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin
    ComputerDESKTOP-1PL88HR
    -Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-21-3632250912-2918916371-2945100777-1002

Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime/Admin

PackageFamilyNameMicrosoft.YourPhone_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    ErrorCode0x3d55

and I have had 22 critical Events

ID 41 Kernel Power

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 8/2/2020 3:19:28 AM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: 63
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: 70368744177664,2
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-1PL88HR
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>8</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-08-02T10:19:28.0546053Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5293</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-1PL88HR</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">159</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x4</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x12c</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xffffb7068a90c080</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xffff8d8723237880</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">9</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>
    <Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Basically the reason my Power State Drive is failing is because I believe I have corrupted or faulty drivers on my system, so therefore my system is having trouble booting and restarting. With my pc having trouble booting and restarting, I cannot fix the driver issues properly without harming my PC. So does anybody have any advice on what I need to do without throwing more money at my IT guy with him potentially not even fixing the issues.

:)

NickWeston1, Aug 2, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Aug 2, 2020
  3. PranavMishra5582, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Need Help with Power State Drive Failure BSOD cannot access safemode to uninstall faulty...

BSOD power state drive failure

I was having intermittent BSOD with Power State Drive Failure notice, and nothing worked, I did driver updates, power management corrections, software upgrades. Finally I found that when connecting my external USB hard drive this was occurring, and windows
    crashes due to a timer to turn off the hard disk. I fixed it by going into Control Panel, Power Options, Change Plan settings, then Change Advance power settings, and under Hard Disk change the Turn off hard disk after Setting (Minutes) from 20 min to 600
    min. In other words after 10 hours. I usually never use my computer 10 hours any way. This problem I had since Windows X came out, I am amazed that Microsoft cannot find a fix for this yet.

SergioShoji, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Need Help with Power State Drive Failure BSOD cannot access safemode to uninstall faulty...

1. Need Help with Power State Drive Failure BSOD cannot access safemode to uninstall faulty... - Similar Threads - Need Help Power

2. ntoskrnl.exe Power State Failure BSOD: Need help fixing/confirming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe Power State Failure BSOD: Need help fixing/confirming: My computer has BSODed several times while restarting, in which case it just stays restarting forever until it dies in blue. I've noticed that whenever this happens, it's usually happening when I restart due to my Wifi literally being missing, as in the button is gone and it...
  3. ntoskrnl.exe Power State Failure BSOD: Need help fixing/confirming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ntoskrnl.exe Power State Failure BSOD: Need help fixing/confirming: My computer has BSODed several times while restarting, in which case it just stays restarting forever until it dies in blue. I've noticed that whenever this happens, it's usually happening when I restart due to my Wifi literally being missing, as in the button is gone and it...
  4. power state drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power state drive failure: my laptop suddenly show error '' drive state power failure" i reseted it many times but still same issue ..any help ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-state-drive-failure/f19a0e23-72a7-4b6c-b732-b9102f8056ba
  5. power state drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    power state drive failure: my laptop suddenly show error '' drive state power failure" i reseted it many times but still same issue ..any help ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-state-drive-failure/f19a0e23-72a7-4b6c-b732-b9102f8056ba
  6. BSOD power state drive failure

BSOD power state drive failure: I was having intermittent BSOD with Power State Drive Failure notice, and nothing worked, I did driver updates, power management corrections, software upgrades. Finally I found that when connecting my external USB hard drive this was occurring, and windows crashes due to a...
  7. Drive Power State Failure

Drive Power State Failure: I've encountered a problem that reminds me of the old days of the blue screen of death. I have Win 10 Version 1809. I recently started frequently encountering a problem whereby the screen turns blue with an error message that there's been a drive power state failure. I then...
  8. Help with a BSOD Driver Power State Failure

Help with a BSOD Driver Power State Failure: So, I'm not the type of creating a topic as soon as I have a problem, but searching for help by reading others threads did not help so I'm asking here. I've seen people upload their DMP Files so I'm doing it here. I had other DMP Files but they were deleted after some time...
  9. BSOD - Drive Power State Failure

BSOD - Drive Power State Failure: Hi. Whenever I run some of graphic intense softwares (eg: sony vegas, adobe illustrator, autocad...) after a minute or so my notebook freezes and I get BSOD. It says "Drive Power State Failure". I googled, and I think I found out that the problem is in a few drivers that...
  10. BSOD - power state failure

BSOD - power state failure: Happens when going to sleep/hibernate, or resuming. Never happens while just using the computer. update to latest drivers for my nvidia graphics driver, wifi controller, and intel raid controller any help is appreciated dump attached 73453