Windows 10: Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably

Discus and support Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been having recurring BSOD issues for over 2 months now and am unable to reliably play most of my video games due to unspecified crashing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinRosenhagen, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably

I have been having recurring BSOD issues for over 2 months now and am unable to reliably play most of my video games due to unspecified crashing issues. IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL being a frequent error as well as memory management. It is making me want to throw my PC out the window as I have tried many different things to diagnose or fix the issue.

Things I have tried.....

• Resetting windows and deleting ALL files and attempting to run the problem programs with only the necessary software.
    • Used DDU to uninstall drivers and I have attempted to use many different versions of Nvidia's drivers.
    • Attempted to swap graphics cards out from my original MSI GTX1070 to a 1050Ti then to my current card which is a RTX 2080.
    • I had taken my computer to a Micro Center where they had diagnosed my issue as being the RAM. They replaced the RAM and I also chose to upgrade to an SSD for my system drive as well as a new PSU for the aforementioned new graphics card I planned on getting later on.
    • As I continued to have this issue I figured it couldn't hurt to replace the RAM again and I returned it and replaced it once more. Still I am having issues.
    • I returned to Micro Center again and they said the issue was my graphics driver...which I knew to be at least in part false due to the fact that no matter what graphics driver I installed from scratch the issues still occurred.

And now I am at a loss. I have replaced most of the hardware in this PC other than the mother board and CPU.

Current specs are as follows.

• i5 7600k not overclocked with a Corsair H100i water cooler
    • MSI RTX 2080 not overclocked
    • 3 total drives...1TB Samsung EVO 860(System drive), 500GB Samsung 860 EVO and a 500GB 850 EVO
    • 750W EVGA PSU
    • Z270X Ultra gaming Gigabyte MOBO
    • 16GB Gskill RAM @ 3200Mhz
    • Peripherals include Razer Deathadder Chroma, Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2016 Edition, Corsair Arctis 5 usb headset

I can provide what .dmp files that I have but I recently reset windows again to experiment so currently I have only had one BSOD since the last reset which occurred randomly while browsing internet.

:)

KevinRosenhagen, Jun 26, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 26, 2019
  3. menanico Win User
    BSOD playing various games

Hello everyone, i would love to get some help whit my problem. As the title say i get different BSOD when i play games like Dragon age or Assassin creed.
    Here's a link to a post in tomshardware forum, they suggested me to ask in this site: BSOD when playing games - Windows 10 - Toms Hardware
    You can find some information in there, if you need more i will do anything to simplify your job.

menanico, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably

Recurring BSOD playing Dota 2 Driver IRQL not less not equal ntoskrnl

Hi Guys,

I've been encountering multiple BSODs while playing dota 2. The latest set of BSODs are Driver IRQL not less not equal. I've reinstalled my graphic drivers and several hardware drivers. I don't encounter BSOD if I play other games. Moreover, I have checked using Windows Driver and Support Assistant, and Windows Update that my drivers are updated.

I hope you can help me out. Thanks in advance!

Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably [​IMG]

DESKTOP-RMUTPB1-Tue_05_08_2018_113827_83.zip

Freezing15, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably

1. Need help with recurring BSOD and inability to play most games reliably - Similar Threads - Need help recurring

2. Need help for recurring BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help for recurring BSOD errors: Problem:I am getting a lot and I mean a lot of BSOD errors everyday and this makes my computer practically unusable. This is a brand new computer that a friend and I built recently, the only part that was re-used from another computer is the PSU. The most common error I get...
  3. Need help for recurring BSOD errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help for recurring BSOD errors: Problem:I am getting a lot and I mean a lot of BSOD errors everyday and this makes my computer practically unusable. This is a brand new computer that a friend and I built recently, the only part that was re-used from another computer is the PSU. The most common error I get...
  4. Need help for recurring BSOD errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Need help with recurring BSOD with different codes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with recurring BSOD with different codes: Hello everyone,I already made a post a few months ago about my BSOD problems and I still haven't been able to fix it.I have a lot of BSOD when I watch youtube or even general navigating, even at windows startup. Most games end up with a BSOD or with a return to desktop....
  6. Need help with recurring BSOD with different codes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with recurring BSOD with different codes: Hello everyone,I already made a post a few months ago about my BSOD problems and I still haven't been able to fix it.I have a lot of BSOD when I watch youtube or even general navigating, even at windows startup. Most games end up with a BSOD or with a return to desktop....
  7. Need help with recurring BSOD with different codes

8. BSOD mostly on playing video games

BSOD mostly on playing video games: Hello, I have been struggling with BSOD since I changed my configuration and upgraded my CPU and motherboard. I took the new CPU and motherboard from a fully functionnal computer and installed them in a functionnal computer. I get the BSOD whenever I play video games, it...
  9. BSODs mostly after opening & playing games

BSODs mostly after opening & playing games: Everything was all good before 4-5 days ago. I changed the broken keyboard and it went bad. (Before replacement keyboard, my friend punched my bag that I was carrying by thinking there is nothing in it but there was my laptop Some plastic fragments came out from screw places,...
  10. BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games)

BSOD Randomly (but mostly while playing games): Hey guys. After installing a new graphics card (msi gtx 1050 ti oc ) on my pc my pc started to make bleeping noises then freezing for a moment. I noticed during this the hard drive was not doing anything (the led of in pc case). This started to get more and more frequent and...