Windows 10: Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You!

Discus and support Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've had no luck doing it myself. I've created a few .reg & .bat files in the past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FL4KGUY, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You!

Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You! 579TD7juhstv-gRp6thaUfV59kpWzqo11rOm29U4dxc.jpg

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but I've had no luck doing it myself. I've created a few .reg & .bat files in the past in regards to this, however some only would delete the registry entry, while others did nothing at all. Could someone help me by writing a .reg &/or .bat file to change a registry key and potentially test it as well to make sure it works?

Specifically trying to change the "Shell" "data" entry from 'explorer.exe" to "program.exe" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon"

I'm trying to quickly change between two different options. What I would like to happen, is to be able to double click on the reg file or a bat file (or compiled exe using my bat2exe program), and it silently update the registry key to one option, and have another setup for the other program. This way, I run the registry change, restart my PC and one of the two is being used, and vice versa for the other when I'm ready to switch back.

https://preview.redd.it/brlktokxc63...bp&s=bf239fee3a031c6b1492866c35079ce02860dbb6

submitted by /u/FL4KGUY
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FL4KGUY, Dec 7, 2019
  2. losl Win User

File association problem with .reg and .bat files

Asus laptop with WINDOWS 10

When double clicking a .reg file the default action is merge by running the regedit.exe. On the right-click content menu I have Merge (in bold), edit and print, select edit opens the notepad for editing. In order to prevent from merging the .reg file by accidental double clicking, i prefer edit be the default action of double clicking. I went to setting to change the file association from reg editor (the default) to notepad. Then i can't merge the .reg file any more. On the right-click content menu i get open(in bold), edit and print, Notepad opens when i select open, edit or double click. I remember that i can do this by tweaking the registry entery in WinXP but now i forgot how.

I also want to change the associated default app for .bat from run (by cmd.exe) to edit (by notepad) due to the same reason but can't find a way.

Will you please help, thank you very much!

Happy 2016 to all, regards.

SLo

losl, Dec 7, 2019
  3. BAT file/Script to find and replace files

Hey all....

Can someone help me make the BAT script in the 2nd post above to be able to use MORE than "1" file?
    As it currently is, you can only replace one particular file.

For example, I want in the command line to be able to write two files or more, and the script will find and replace all those 2 or more named files.
    Thanks much.

P.S.... Is there a GUI that does file searching and replacing?
    I've spent hours searching on the net, and the only thing I can find are "text" search/replace and this BAT command, not actual "file" replacing. I find this amazing. *Frown Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You! :(

leeuniverse, Dec 7, 2019
  4. Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You!

Help with a .bat file.

I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with:

Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You! [​IMG]

I got it to open the Windows Update interface:

Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You! [​IMG]

However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange.

Can someone help me to finish editing the .bat file so that when I click the .bat file, the process of manually checking for Windows Updates becomes fully automated?

EyeInTheSky, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You!

1. Need Help With Registry Tweak Using .REG File &/Or .BAT File - Please & Thank You! - Similar Threads - Need Help Registry

2. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  3. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help trying to undo a .bat file: Please help, I accidently installed the "Z590 Mystic Light" fix in the support section of ibuypower.com. The problem is I actually have a mag z390 tomahawk. When I enter windows+r and enter msinfo the baseboard product shows Z590 PRO wifi and now my mystic light software...
  4. Need help trying to undo a .bat file

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Reg file Please

in Windows 10 Customization
    Reg file Please: Hello Had a look round the net to see if I can find a reg file to remove digital signatures tab in Windows 10 1809 x64 context menu properties for .exe files.Plenty of other edits but none for what I need. Does anyone have such a reg file or can point me to regedit to remove...
  6. Modifying Registry with "reg" file

in Windows 10 Support
    Modifying Registry with "reg" file: I exported a HKCU key and saved it as a reg file. I now want to import it to another HDD. Prior to doing this I noticed the properties list in the Receiving system: 1) Contains the same list of items BUT 2) Are in a different order than the exported file. What to confirm...
  7. Need some Help with CMD and .bat files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need some Help with CMD and .bat files: I have .bat file thats in a folder in my desktop (location). When i open the bat file i need it to run in the folder that's it's located (in the folder thats on my desktop) However, when i run the bat file it runs at the default location. So isn't there anyway I can change...
  8. Help with a .bat file.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help with a .bat file.: I have this .bat file that I've been messing around with: [img] I got it to open the Windows Update interface: [img] However, I need the .bat file to go a step further and auto click the Check for updates button circled in orange. Can someone help me to finish...
  9. File association problem with .reg and .bat files

in Windows 10 Support
    File association problem with .reg and .bat files: Asus laptop with WINDOWS 10 When double clicking a .reg file the default action is merge by running the regedit.exe. On the right-click content menu I have Merge (in bold), edit and print, select edit opens the notepad for editing. In order to prevent from merging the .reg...
  10. Reg to Bat

in Windows 10 Support
    Reg to Bat: Hi everyone, I'm so sorry if this is not the proper forum to ask, but didn't found one for registry related questions. I have a small .reg file and I have converted it to .bat using a tool and am not sure if it's converted correctly and bug free! Is there anyone expert in...