Windows 10: Need help with removing every administrator setting, not even leaving standard,want PC clean

Discus and support Need help with removing every administrator setting, not even leaving standard,want PC clean in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am giving away my netbook in exchange. It has me alone as administrator on Windows 10. The exchange policy requires me to free this PC of any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by francisadams14, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Need help with removing every administrator setting, not even leaving standard,want PC clean

I am giving away my netbook in exchange. It has me alone as administrator on Windows 10. The exchange policy requires me to free this PC of any password & administrator. I followed online tips that said add a family account I did using my gmail account, then deleted my primary administrator account, only to see this standard family account with Gmail take over as administrator. How do I simply delete / erase every detail, that is, my footprint in the system so that I can give it away without them having to ask me for a password to gain access to the PC? Factory reset? What are the steps? Will it help?

:)

francisadams14, Oct 19, 2020
  2. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Unable to remove old administrator account.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to delete one of the old administrator accounts from your computer. If you want to save the data from the old Administrator account, I would suggest you to copy the data from the old user account from
    C: Users\<Old User Account> and move it to your backup drive or folder in a different location, before deleting the account.

I would also like to know what exactly happens when you try to remove the old Administrator account from your PC.

To delete an Administrator account from your PC, you will have to login to another user account with
    Administrator access as User Accounts cannot be deleted through a Standard account.

Once you have logged into your new Administrator account, you can follow the steps mentioned below to remove the old Administrator account from your PC. To do this, by

1. Login to the new Admin User Account that you want to keep.
    2. Tap on 'Windows + I' on the keyboard.
    3. Click on 'Accounts'.
    4. Now click on 'Family & other users'.
    5. Select the old Administrator account from the list.
    6. Click on 'Remove'.

Let us know if you face any issues, and we will certainly assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 19, 2020
  4. Need help with removing every administrator setting, not even leaving standard,want PC clean

Account user mode changing issues.(Administrator/ standard)

Hi,

The User Account Control is a type of security that restricts unauthorized installation of apps and settings modification. You will normally encounter this notification if you are using a standard account. Since this is the issue that you have encountered
    on your PC, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide you the appropriate solution. Please answer the following:

• What command did you run when you changed the administrator account to standard?
    • Do you still have another administrator account that you can log into?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We look forward to your response.

Jennifer Cha, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

Need help with removing every administrator setting, not even leaving standard,want PC clean

1. Need help with removing every administrator setting, not even leaving standard,want PC clean - Similar Threads - Need help removing

2. Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator.": Hi, Im using windows 11 and i cant manage some of the settings in windows security it says "This setting is managed by your administrator." How do i turn that off?...
  3. Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help how to remove the "This setting is managed by your administrator.": Hi, Im using windows 11 and i cant manage some of the settings in windows security it says "This setting is managed by your administrator." How do i turn that off?...
  4. Need help leaving an organisation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help leaving an organisation.: I recently upgraded my computer, I switched the motherboard, ram, cpu, but kept the rest the same including storage. Ever since I upgraded it I haven't been able to activate windows, I go to reactivate it and it says the normal 'cannot activate because of your organizations...
  5. Need help leaving an organisation.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help leaving an organisation.: I recently upgraded my computer, I switched the motherboard, ram, cpu, but kept the rest the same including storage. Ever since I upgraded it I haven't been able to activate windows, I go to reactivate it and it says the normal 'cannot activate because of your organizations...
  6. Need help leaving an organisation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Need help doing a clean install on a new PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help doing a clean install on a new PC: Hi, first of all i want to clarify that my english is not perfect, im from Argentina and im still learning. I have a problem when i try to install the OS in my new PC, when i turn it on it shows the logo and the text correctly (press F2, F6, etc). When i put in the USB and...
  8. i need help to change from an administrator account to standard built in adminstrator...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i need help to change from an administrator account to standard built in adminstrator...: I want to change from an administrator account to standard built in administrator account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-to-change-from-an-administrator/74bdc9f0-0054-4eea-8139-93a365df7dca"
  9. LEAVE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT

in Windows 10 Customization
    LEAVE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT: I entered the administrator account in error and want to leave it and return to my personal account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/leave-administrator-account/2dbe5c51-5151-439b-a9a1-913febaff3af
  10. Need Help with clean Win10 installation, optimization & pure settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Need Help with clean Win10 installation, optimization & pure settings: Ok i come across alot of problems lately Every time i do clean installation its degraded somewhat. The idea is to make my laptop run as good as it gets with those capabilities it have etc. My problem is that since yesterday i didnt know that OS remembers settings in...