Windows 10: need help with separate settings on dual monitors

Discus and support need help with separate settings on dual monitors in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 version 1903. Hi, I have a laptop small display (the main one) and an external large monitor (#2). I need to have separate settings for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AbbyHyde, Oct 20, 2019.

1. AbbyHyde Win User

need help with separate settings on dual monitors

Windows 10 version 1903.
    Hi, I have a laptop small display (the main one) and an external large monitor (#2). I need to have separate settings for each.
    I'm having trouble - when I use scaling in display settings, or set icon size in "view", the setting will apply to both. For example, if I want to change brightness on the large monitor, I click on the display labeled "2", but the brightness slider always adjusts the laptop display.
    I need to set scaling on laptop at about 150%, but that makes everything on large monitor too big - all my windows open gigantic and everything in the windows is too big. The laptop windows open too small and font is really small.
    How do I set these 2 displays separately?? thanks in advance

:)

AbbyHyde, Oct 20, 2019

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 20, 2019
  3. Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Oct 20, 2019
  4. need help with separate settings on dual monitors

set up dual monitors

unable to set up dual monitors in Windows 10. Using GEForce 7050GT 512MB PCIE in Windows 7 duals worked Fine .After upgrade doesn't work. Any suggestions

JohnMeyer2, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

need help with separate settings on dual monitors

1. need help with separate settings on dual monitors - Similar Threads - need help separate

2. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Needing Help With Dual Monitors: I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor. Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended) for the laptop resolution. But the secondary monitor is 1920 x1080 full hd. I want to have 2 different wallpapers one for...
  3. Needing Help With Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Needing Help With Dual Monitors: I'm running windows 10 home and I have a hdmi port on my laptop that I connected to my secondary monitor. Display Resolution 1366 X 768 (Recommended) for the laptop resolution. But the secondary monitor is 1920 x1080 full hd. I want to have 2 different wallpapers one for...
  4. Need Help With Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help With Dual Monitors: Hey! I just setup dual monitors using an old monitor I found, but there's a small problem. The old monitor I found is super long vertically, and the bottom of the screen is far below my eyeline. I thought a simple fix for this would be to change the resolution vertically,...
  5. dual monitor set up need help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dual monitor set up need help: How to drag and drop between laptop and another monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-monitor-set-up-need-help/310b8514-da68-4821-81a5-249d27843d62
  6. Dual monitor separate wallpapers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual monitor separate wallpapers: I am trying to get different wallpapers on both of my monitors however when i right click the images in settings 3 options come up, one saying set for all monitors, and the other two say set for monitor 2, there is no set for monitor 1 option in the list....
  7. Need Help with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need Help with dual monitors: I setup dual monitors, and everything is fine except for the fact that when I open a program from my secondary monitor, it displays on my primary monitor and shows the taskbar button on both monitors. Any fix? submitted by /u/Slosshy [link] [comments]...
  8. need help with separate settings on dual monitors

need help with separate settings on dual monitors: Windows 10 version 1903. Hi, I have a laptop small display (the main one) and an external large monitor (#2). I need to have separate settings for each. I'm having trouble - when I use scaling in display settings, or set icon size in "view", the setting will apply to both....
  9. Needing help with dual-monitor wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Needing help with dual-monitor wallpaper: Ok, so I have a Dual-Monitor Set up, as i'm sure a lot of people here do. I have 2 separate wallpapers. One for each monitor. They keep changing. I do not want them to change. I have tried registry edits, and looked through the Settings, but can't seem to get it to stay. Can...
  10. Need help with dual monitors

Need help with dual monitors: Hello. I cannot get a dual monitor setup to work for the life of me. I've made a LITTLE progress though by tweaking the BIOS to load from the Mobo VGA port first on boot, but now the second monitor just stays lit up with the windows 10 logo and nothing else, while the first...