Windows 10: Need help with signing on my PC - getting message "Some accounts need attention"

Discus and support Need help with signing on my PC - getting message "Some accounts need attention" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have three ways I have been trying to sign in, but all of them have the same problem: I get a gray screen for a few seconds, which turns white and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by wired713, Jul 12, 2020.

1. wired713 Win User

Need help with signing on my PC - getting message "Some accounts need attention"

I have three ways I have been trying to sign in, but all of them have the same problem: I get a gray screen for a few seconds, which turns white and briefly shows a message "Just a moment..." and then closes.

This happens when I'm on the System>Shared experiences page when I click on the "Fix Now" button it goes through three cycles;

It happens when I try to sign in to Microsoft Store;

and it happens when I'm trying to sign to Xbox to play MS Solitaire Collection games.

It is also causing me to get "Profile Error" messages when I open Edge.

I have no problems signing in to my account at microsoft.com.

I have tried doing a system restore, dropping back to a time when I when I wasn't getting the error.

I have used the following commands in Power Shell as an administrator:

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

No problems or issues were found.

I have created a local account and signed in to it, rebooted it feels like I've rebooted about 37,000 times , signed back in to my MS account, no effect.

So far as I can see, no one else is reporting the exact problem I have, where the sign-in window just closes without allowing any kind of action

:)

wired713, Jul 12, 2020

2. Some of your accounts need attention

I keep getting on my desktop a notification that some of my accounts need attention and that it may have been because you changed your password.

Please advise how I can fix this permanently as it is driving me insane.

Thank you

AlexandriaCarletti, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Cathi1 Win User
    PC needs attention

I keep getting a message that my pc needs attention. I click the link and go nowhere. Anyone know what this means? I get support code: 0x86000209.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cathi

Cathi1, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Mystere Win User

Need help with signing on my PC - getting message "Some accounts need attention"

My MS Account needs attention, again

And, once again, as has been said many times... You must be using the Microsoft account you used when you signed up for the Insider Program, not a different MSA. Double check by going to the insider program web page, and try to re-register... it will tell you "welcome back" if you are already registered, but if not it will register that new address.

Mystere, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help with signing on my PC - getting message "Some accounts need attention" - Similar Threads - Need help signing

2. Need help signing into my microsoft account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help signing into my microsoft account.: I am trying to login to microsoft with my student email in order to see all my emails from teachers and to be able to send emails. I know my password, but when I put it in it says I need to verify my identity and the only option is to text a code to a phone number that I no...
  3. Need help signing into my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help signing into my microsoft account.: I am trying to login to microsoft with my student email in order to see all my emails from teachers and to be able to send emails. I know my password, but when I put it in it says I need to verify my identity and the only option is to text a code to a phone number that I no...
  4. Need help signing into my microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my email account "needs attention"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my email account "needs attention": my account says it needs attention and says fix and it asks to update my password so i do that and i press done but then it does it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-account-needs-attention/4fa06f2b-c141-49a3-8d69-a89f8e78b032
  6. my email account "needs attention"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my email account "needs attention": my account says it needs attention and says fix and it asks to update my password so i do that and i press done but then it does it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-account-needs-attention/4fa06f2b-c141-49a3-8d69-a89f8e78b032
  7. account need attention

in Windows 10 Customization
    account need attention: I have been seeing attention needed to fix my personal gmail account. I changed the password and it still will not sent or receive messages. I've tried everything I need help asap...
  8. Some of your accounts need attention

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some of your accounts need attention: I keep getting on my desktop a notification that some of my accounts need attention and that it may have been because you changed your password. Please advise how I can fix this permanently as it is driving me insane. Thank you...
  9. gmail account needs attention

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gmail account needs attention: Why does my gmail account have needs attention. I choose fix but it continues to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-needs-attention/d8f3188a-9684-4214-9eab-78f54cdbdf38
  10. My MS Account needs attention, again

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My MS Account needs attention, again: Here we go again - I'm getting the message that my Microsoft account needs attention to get get new builds, with a Fix me button. The Fix me button goes on to tell me how to STOP getting new builds. No way out of this foolish loop. Or is there? Has anyone overcome this...