Windows 10: Need help with SSD and TRIM

Discus and support Need help with SSD and TRIM in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've read this tutorial here: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 | Tutorials. After checking my SSD according to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paultx, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Paultx Win User

Need help with SSD and TRIM

I've read this tutorial here: Enable or Disable TRIM Support for Solid State Drives in Windows 10 | Tutorials.

After checking my SSD according to the tutorial, I had this:

Need help with SSD and TRIM [​IMG]

Yesterday I installed O&O Defrag Professional Edition 23, which I got from a giveaway promotion. The first time I ran it, I had this:

Need help with SSD and TRIM [​IMG]

I didn't do anything else then, just captured this screenshot and closed the program.

Reading such warning I understand that TRIM is OK, but not in the best way possible.

I'm new to SSD stuff, so I ask you fellows to please help me with that. What should I do to fix what needs fix in this case?

TIA.

Windows 10 Pro 20H2 19042.685

:)

Paultx, Dec 23, 2020

2. A-Data Ships XPG SX95 and S592 SSDs with New Windows 7 TRIM Firmware

Hmm somethings a miss there, namely the fact there are only 3 features listed twice *Roll Eyes Need help with SSD and TRIM :rolleyes:

InTeL-iNsIdE, Dec 23, 2020
  3. SSD cannot be trimmed after Windows Anniversary Update.

After Windows Anniversary Update I cannot Trim my 2 SSD's

Can anybody help or suggest what to do?

Thank you.

jaburmester, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Need help with SSD and TRIM

TRIM for SSD drive

I have a new Dell desktop PC with WIN 10. It has a hard drive (DNeed help with SSD and TRIM :) and a SSD (CNeed help with SSD and TRIM :). In the past I have always defragged my hard drive but I understand that I should not optimize/defrag the SSD - that WIN 10 by default uses TRIM to optimize the SSD. I read
    that TRIM is set as a default in WIN 10 and that it optimizes the SSD once a week. But when I look at the properties for the SSD drive, it shows that it has not been optimized for 14 days.

1. How do I know that TRIM is working?

2. If it isn't set as a default, how to I change that?

Thanks.

M Walsh

MarianWalsh, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Need help with SSD and TRIM

1. Need help with SSD and TRIM - Similar Threads - Need help SSD

2. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  3. SSD No trim Supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD No trim Supported: In above Image SSD drive Shows Trim Not supported. but my SSD drive supports Trim.can i perceive that My ssd Drive is not trimmed by Operating system or Storage controller....
  4. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  5. ssd trim problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd trim problem: Hello I have 2 ssd drives micron and lexar and after windows 10 1709 version to latest version of windows 10 and windows 11 I'm having trim not enabled issue, hdd sentinel software says that trim is supported but disabled and I have tried many ways and software's but I just...
  6. Need CMD command to trim SSD!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need CMD command to trim SSD!: Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035
  7. Need CMD command to trim SSD!

in Windows 10 Support
    Need CMD command to trim SSD!: Hello. Can someone give me a command I have to execute in order to trim my SSD? Thank you in advance! 172035
  8. ssd trim

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ssd trim: NTFS DisableDeleteNotify = 0 (Disabled) I have read articles and none show this so does this mean my trim is enabled or disabled? I think the 0 means it is enabled but it says disabled at the end. 134705
  9. Windows 10 SSD TRIM help

Windows 10 SSD TRIM help: I have been using a Samsung 850 EVO for just over 2 years as my OS drive and it transformed my pc, fast and quiet. In the last few months I noticed it is not being automatically optimized/trimmed by Windows 10 on it's weekly schedule. I am able to manually optimize it. I...
  10. SSD Trim Question

SSD Trim Question: Hi There Wondering if SSD Trim does it autoly with Windows Maintenance task? or if I should run that manually weekly, I set in the SSD dashboard, Enable Trim, Weekly for the schedule, but not sure if it ran, states under it last run none. Very very new to SSD drives, first...