Windows 10: Need help with SSD issue unknown issue

Discus and support Need help with SSD issue unknown issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I will try to make this as short as possible. My laptop is having a weird issue. let me explain. everything was working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sczarx, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Sczarx Win User

Need help with SSD issue unknown issue

Hello everyone,

I will try to make this as short as possible.

My laptop is having a weird issue. let me explain.

everything was working fine. finished work and turned off the laptop. next day back to work turned it on it goes straight to BIOS. looked through the issue and BIOS can't detect a boot drive. tried everything on the internet but nothing worked. so I uninstalled windows then reinstalled fresh copy. it worked but then as soon as I restarted the laptop same issue happened.
    replaced the Sata unit and replaced SSD (Samsung evo). installed windows and everything worked fine then one restart and again BIOS can't detect boot drive.

to be honest been searching for answers for the past week. no one can help. the weird thing is that BIOS can't detect the boot drive SSD but when I load windows installation the SSD is detected there.

p.s windows, bios and all drivers are up to date. I did memory test and it pass. I did SSD test and it pass.
    can't rebuild boot from cmd because no SSD is detected.

I am helpless at this moment any help will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Windows 10 pro 1909
    ASUS F555UA-MS51
    Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3GHz
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    500GB SSD Samsung
    Intel HD Graphics 520
    Secure Digital Card Reader
    10/100/1000 Network
    802.11ac Wireless
    Bluetooth 4.0
    15.6" HD LED-backlit Display

:)

Sczarx, Jan 30, 2020
  2. robal Win User

Agonizing issues with SSD

Sounds like typical Sandforce hot-plugging BSOD issue.

What SSD are you using exactly ?
    Is it in PC you've got listed in specs ?

Cheers,

robal, Jan 30, 2020
  3. Unknown Device Issue

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      View all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and Devices

Method 2:I suggest you to login to safe mode and check if the issue still persists. This is to isolate the issue of the graphics driver.

To enter into Safe Mode in Windows 10, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.
    You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode.

If the issue still persists then I would suggest you to contact the respective manufacturer.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply with necessary information and we will be happy to help you further

Anup Karkal, Jan 30, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

Need help with SSD issue unknown issue [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Jan 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Need help with SSD issue unknown issue - Similar Threads - Need help SSD

2. Need help with crashing issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with crashing issue.: Hello all,First of all thanks for taking the time to read my post. Lately my PC is randomly crashing, so far this happened only while gaming but not sure if gaming is the cause. Basically what happens is the screen freezes, the colors of the monitor get all funny and it...
  3. Need Help With Driver Issue.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help With Driver Issue.: I updated my Realtek Network Adapter, and I keep getting this error, 'Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_172311AD&REV_00\0023B7FEFF4CE00000 had a problem starting.' and 'Device not started RTWlanE02'...
  4. Need Help With Driver Issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help With Driver Issue.: I updated my Realtek Network Adapter, and I keep getting this error, 'Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_B723&SUBSYS_172311AD&REV_00\0023B7FEFF4CE00000 had a problem starting.' and 'Device not started RTWlanE02'...
  5. Unknown Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unknown Issue: Whenever my laptop's 'r' key, my laptop shuts down and comes back online. Sometimes this key can be used and nothing happens, other times when the key is used it the same issue comes back. In order to bypass using the key I have been copying the key and pasting it. This is...
  6. need help Windows Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help Windows Issue: so here's are my problem, so i've installed a win10 in my m.2 recently, everything went smoothly for a couple days and today just now it was booting up to an advanced repair and said that my windows os was not bootingup correctly. so i ran cmd and use chkdsk /r and a bunch...
  7. Help needed with scaling issue

Help needed with scaling issue: The top of a lot of websites where the menus are title usually are is way out of size. I'm using my TV as my monitor with resolution at 2k so everything isn't tiny. Turned on windows scaling to 300. I usually will manually zoom each webpage(90% on reddit) so I can read them...
  8. Need help with this issue.

Need help with this issue.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_JmartinezJ_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwj9k1/need_help_with_this_issue/
  9. Need help with an issue.

Need help with an issue.: Recently I’ve had an issue where my computer isn’t functioning very well. I’m not able to open any applications but settings and file explorer, so my computer is pretty much completely useless. When I click on any file/application, nothing happens, and the computer reacts as...
  10. Unknown issue.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown issue.: For every .exe filei run windows defender shows me a message saying,"unauthorized changes were blocked". whats the reason behind this and how to solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/unknown-issue/71cd33f2-6527-4393-ae50-dfe4f7b2960a"