Windows 10: Need Help with Surface Pen

Discus and support Need Help with Surface Pen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen. I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PC, and have been able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cg5000, Mar 5, 2019.

1. cg5000 Win User

Need Help with Surface Pen

Hello,

I have a Surface Book 2 and just bought a MS Surface Pen.

I have successfully connected it via Bluetooth to the PC, and have been able to launch apps via one click or double click just fine.

However, when I switch to tablet mode, or undock my screen and re-dock it facing the other way, the computer looses connectivity to the pen.

Only when I remove the pen in the bluetooth settings and re-ad it while in either of the above configurations, does it regain connectivity and full functionality.

Switching back to normal PC configuration mode (non tablet mode, screen facing me), breaks connectivity once again. I must again, remove the pen and add it again to get it to reconnect.

The pen is the newest model - it is model M 1776 SC

:)

cg5000, Mar 5, 2019

2. Surface Pen

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to go to the below link and try the steps.

Troubleshoot Surface Pen

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...search/troubleshoot-surface-pen?os=windows-10

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 5, 2019
  3. EdTittel Win User
    Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Try the tips from Microsoft Support at https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ft-surface-pen. In my case when this happened, I needed to replace the single AAAA battery inside my Pen. Perhaps you might find some of these suggestions helpful.

--Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Need Help with Surface Pen

Surface Pen Customisation

Hi Shakey,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• When you say OneNote 2013, are you referring to Microsoft Office OneNote2013?

I would suggest you to refer to the link given below and check if it helps with your issue:

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en...rface-pen?os=windows-8.1-update-1#penfeatures

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Need Help with Surface Pen

1. Need Help with Surface Pen - Similar Threads - Need Help Surface

2. Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface pen and touch doesn't work after update: Not 100% sure but after last week as of this (10/29/18) touch or pen no longer works on taskbars. I can only click on the bar with keyboard. so i cant get to app or any other taskbar icons like action center. Notice one other thing since firmware update : The always on...
  3. Lenovo Yoga Book Windows, Surface Pen Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lenovo Yoga Book Windows, Surface Pen Drivers: I have a Lenovo Yoga Book, and I love it. But I also love the Surface Pen. Is there any 100% compatible Surface Pen driver for my Yoga Book. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 4 Pen - unable to write: Hi! I recently changed battery for surface pro 4 pen as it had stopped working. After changing battery, I can open "Windows Ink Place" however unable to write with surface pen. I have also changed the Surface Pro 4 Pen tip. Please advice Sunil G...
  5. Need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help: My friend installed the latest upgrade 1607 Since then he has had 2 problems I have tried to help him with but has me beat. Xbox App on his PC when he now clicks on it to open it, it just flashes up and then closes. The same happens with his Microsoft Soliture Collection....
  6. Surface Pen Battery Hack

Surface Pen Battery Hack: If you're like me and you own a Surface Pro 3, and have had it about a year, chances are that you're just now or already have experienced the AAAA battery the stylus requires is dying. AAAA batteries aren't exactly common in the US at least where I live, and aren't cheap...
  7. Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen: My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen. I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this. Please note tip is not broken. Before...
  8. Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable

Need help turning of pen flicks, Pen and touch settings unavailable: Hi, I'm a graphic designer so I use a wacom tablet. However, there are these additional settings that you used to be able to turn off. The pen flicks interefers with my workflow. Every time I use it in photoshop or illustrator, the round circle pops up and it preforms a...
  9. Need help with help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with help: In Default Programs, under .hlp, what do I put in under Current Default? Don Cole 59894
  10. Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch

in Windows 10 News
    Surface helps Apple MacBook owners trade up to Pen and on-screen touch: Receive up to $650 off a Surface Pro or Surface Book when trading-in a MacBook [img] Yesterday we introduced the world to the newest members of the Surface family, including the Surface Studio—a new class of device that turns your desk into a creative studio. We also...