Windows 10: Need help with updating my Windows 10

Discus and support Need help with updating my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So my Windows 10 will restart but it won't actually update, the troubleshooter says that it fixes the problems (2) but it still won't work when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Linkshot, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Linkshot Win User

Need help with updating my Windows 10

So my Windows 10 will restart but it won't actually update, the troubleshooter says that it fixes the problems (2) but it still won't work when restarting. I also tried troubleshooting again but it still "fixes" it over and over again. I also think that this might be related to the fact that I cannot turn on my Windows Defender. This has been going on for a while now and any help would be much appreciated!

:)

Linkshot, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 19, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Need help with updating my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Need help updating

2. Need Help! Windows 10 Not Updating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help! Windows 10 Not Updating: Hey, I've been having this problem and I cant seem to find a video on how to fix this.I have spent about 2 hours looking for a fix and still nothing works.Every time I check for updates it loads for a few seconds then stops.I tried the troubleshooter and it says everything is...
  3. Need Help! Windows 10 Not Updating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help! Windows 10 Not Updating: Hey, I've been having this problem and I cant seem to find a video on how to fix this.I have spent about 2 hours looking for a fix and still nothing works.Every time I check for updates it loads for a few seconds then stops.I tried the troubleshooter and it says everything is...
  4. Need Help! Windows 10 Not Updating

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need help updating Windows 10

Need help updating Windows 10: I am unable to update Windows 10 Pro because of error 0xC19000101- 0x30018. The media creation tool did not work. It looked like it was going to but about 2 hours into running it, it said "undoing changes" and sent me back to the version I'm currently running. I am attaching...
  6. Need help on updating Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help on updating Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thatsdenn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l2uw0e/need_help_on_updating_windows_10/
  7. I need help updating my windows 10

I need help updating my windows 10: I need to update my laptop, and when I tried to start the update, it said that I needed more storage, and that I could connect an external storage drive with x amount of storage on it. I plugged in an empty 16 GB flash drive, and assumed that I could start the update, but...
  8. My Windows 10 is need of help.

My Windows 10 is need of help.: My Windows 10 install is messed up. I have unwanted registry keys and in quite a lot places for unwanted software- my Windows says to contact my IT Administrator even though I have and admin account. I can't re install because my office is one activated licenseoffice 2019. I...
  9. Need help with Windows 10 Update

Need help with Windows 10 Update: Here we go... I replaced my GPU a few weeks ago and ever since I have been receiving BSOD Page fault in NONPAGED area. I upgraded my GeForce GTX 1060 to a GeForce GTX 2060 I received as a Christmas present from my wife. I can boot into Windows and the crashes only occur...
  10. I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10

I seriously need help on updating my Windows 10: I tried multiple methods I found to fix my issue where I constantly downloading and installing the same update (1903) and it literally doesn't update my Windows. Everytime I restart my laptop and check in the Windows Update, it keeps repeating the same process over and over...