Windows 10: Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.

Discus and support Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The laptop is brand new, not even turned on yet. It only came with 4th gen 256GB ssd. So, I bought a new 4th gen 1TB ssd.I have no data to save. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Garofalo, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.

The laptop is brand new, not even turned on yet. It only came with 4th gen 256GB ssd. So, I bought a new 4th gen 1TB ssd.I have no data to save. It does have the product ID printed on the back of the laptop. Can I simply swap out the larger ssd and reboot using the product ID somehow? Will I lose any extra programs that may have been included with the laptop?Is there an easy way to reinstall the original OS without cloning or using some program?

:)

Mike Garofalo, Dec 2, 2023

2. Upgrading laptop hard drive to ssd

I'm upgrading my old Asus Q200e laptop's hard drive to a PNY SSD Page Not Found | pny.com , following this tutorial. (As an aside, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 due to a slight slowdown in boot times.) Aside from using different products than the ones listed in the tutorial, I've followed every step to the letter.

However, when I swapped out the HDD with the SSD, the computer does not recognize the new SSD as the boot drive. Instead, upon turning on the machine, the system goes into a strange BIOS-esque utility called "Aptio Setup Utility" that doesn't list the SSD at all. It does, however, list the boot manager from the old HDD I have plugged into a hard drive USB enclosure. I've tried looking up the answer online to no avail.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

Charlie Gao, Dec 2, 2023
  3. Install new M2 SSD in laptop

Hello, decided to upgrade my laptops SSD. I physically installed a new M.2 SSD on my laptop on the only slot there is or where the old one was. I have a windows installation media in a USB and when I boot up the laptop, the windows install screen comes up but when I get to the screen where you select the drive, the new SSD is not listed. Anyone have any ideas what to do to get the new SSD to appear?

Laptop: HP Envy 360

Marcos Grande1, Dec 2, 2023
  4. SunnyK Win User

Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.

New Laptop Help, Please.

What about MSI GS60 or Lenovo Y50? THey are light, portable and powerful... also both are 15" and in your budget. *Toast :toast:

SunnyK, Dec 2, 2023
Thema:

Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.

1. Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop. - Similar Threads - Need help upgrading

2. Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with upgrading my ssd on a new laptop.: The laptop is brand new, not even turned on yet. It only came with 4th gen 256GB ssd. So, I bought a new 4th gen 1TB ssd.I have no data to save. It does have the product ID printed on the back of the laptop. Can I simply swap out the larger ssd and reboot using the product ID...
  3. Upgrading to a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to a new SSD.: So. I got a Lenovo Legion y540. It is already up to date with windows 11. But now I got a new 1TB WD Black SSD and when I tried upgrading it before it did not boot. So I put the old ssd back in and it turned on and it was like normal. How do I make the computer work with the...
  4. Upgrading to a new SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading to a new SSD.: So. I got a Lenovo Legion y540. It is already up to date with windows 11. But now I got a new 1TB WD Black SSD and when I tried upgrading it before it did not boot. So I put the old ssd back in and it turned on and it was like normal. How do I make the computer work with the...
  5. Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.: As the subject says, I just got a new SSD drive which is much bigger and faster than my current one. I want to reset my pc but also to have windows installed on my new drive. I have seen a lot of things but just can't seem to find something that is not super complex or...
  6. Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.: As the subject says, I just got a new SSD drive which is much bigger and faster than my current one. I want to reset my pc but also to have windows installed on my new drive. I have seen a lot of things but just can't seem to find something that is not super complex or...
  7. Need help reseting pc but to install windows on a new upgraded m.2 ssd.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Need help switching to a new SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help switching to a new SSD: I have a HDD and I just got a SSD and I'm trying to switch. I tried using Macrium to clone my previous hard drive, but it failed and told me to run "chkdsk C: /r" in cmd, so I did. I restarted my pc and after about 40 mins I got BSoD. I restarted again and the repair was...
  9. Switching to Windows 10 with new SSD, need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching to Windows 10 with new SSD, need help: Hey everyone, I will get my first SSD soon and plan on finally witching to Windows 10 (currently using Windows 7). How would I get to install Windows 10 on my new SDD, while keeping all my old files on my old hard drive? The only thing I want to remove from there is Windows...
  10. Need help upgrading Windows 10 to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help upgrading Windows 10 to SSD: Hello, First let me explain my comp setup and what i am trying to achieve. I have windows 7 installed on my dual(raided) hard drive(3terabites). I recently purchased 256gig SSD card specifically for Windows 10. What i am trying to do is install Windows 10 to SSD and...