Windows 10: Need help with USB SD card reader ASAP

Discus and support Need help with USB SD card reader ASAP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope im posting this in the right place...I have spent HOURS and HOURS googling solutions for my problem and NOTHING has helped, im hoping someone on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blueflamewolf, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Need help with USB SD card reader ASAP

I hope im posting this in the right place...I have spent HOURS and HOURS googling solutions for my problem and NOTHING has helped, im hoping someone on this forum can lend me a hand...

I recently baught a camera which apparently needs a firmware update, but inorder to do so i have to add it to the SD card then load it into the camera..sounds simple enough :/ except for the fact I cant get an SD card to work on my PC (or even my husbands)

We are both using Windows 10. We baught a LOGIIX USB 2.0 SD card reader. I have tried using a 2gig card, 4gig, 6gig card and a 16gig card. Nothing seems to want to work. Eventually I was able to get my 3DS card to work (the 4gig) so i reformated it for my camera, took a few pics, an put it back in to test it on the PC an now its not working.

I have tried everything from changing things in the manage/device manager, reformating, adding a different letter drive, uninstalling the USB drive, downloading USB SD card reader drivers from realtek.. and more. NOTHING seems to work.

My PC DOES read it as a E: drive, but now when i click on it, it says there is no disk. Other searches show that there is no media (not sure what that means) and the memory etc is 0.

The SD cards DO work, I have tested them in my cameras an 3DS, and all my USB ports work just fine. Same thing happens with my husbands computer. The PC says that the device is working propperly and whenever I plug it into a USB the PC makes the little connection noise, but thats it.

Im not sure what to do x.x...I need to be able to access these photos as its a huge part of my work.

:)

blueflamewolf, Feb 26, 2016

2. Help with N8 Back Up and Restore

Can you have a look at the card on a computer using a built-in card reader or a USB card reader?

You might need to use a micro-SD card to SD card converter (SD card-sized piece of plastic).

Dan555---01, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Yowdead Win User
    Windows 10 can't read my sd card ,mine has internal sd card reader Urgent pls ASAP

Help me Microsoft ASAP I don't know what is wrong I don't know if it is my sd card reader itself or it is just windows 10 problems

Yowdead, Feb 26, 2016
  4. bobkn Win User

Need help with USB SD card reader ASAP

Does it make a difference if you install the card in the reader and then plug the reader into the PC?

bobkn, Feb 26, 2016
  5. Im not really sure how to install the card or anything, there has been no option for an installation when i plug it in.

blueflamewolf, Feb 26, 2016
  6. bobkn Win User
    Maybe I used the wrong word. I simply meant to plug the SD card into the reader, with the reader not plugged into a PC, Then plug the reader in.

I vaguely recall having issues in the past if there was no card in the reader when its USB cable was connected.

bobkn, Feb 26, 2016
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    Sounds like you are missing a driver for this card reader.

Thema:

Need help with USB SD card reader ASAP

1. Need help with USB SD card reader ASAP - Similar Threads - Need help USB

2. SD Card reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card reader: I have an external sd card reader and it wont work on my pc. It works on my laptop and other stuff but it only doesnt work on this pc. It only recognizes the sd card reader as USB3.0 Card Reader but it wont read the sd card at all. I even tried buying and using another sd...
  3. SD card reader?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SD card reader?: Hello! I cant access my SD card Transcend SDHC 8GB. When I plug it into my laptop, it doesn't get recognized. I installed the driver software from the Dell website my computer is a Dell Inspiron 3543 and restarted it but nothings working, I cannot actually see the SD card...
  4. sd card reader

sd card reader: Hi, I have been running a lenovo Z70-80 with a partitioned hard drive with a windows 7 \ linux dual boot setup. It all worked fine until I upgraded to windows 10. After I updated all the drivers everything worked well except the sd card reader. This will keep disconnecting or...
  5. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: Hi Every SD card I plug in to my PC says it is Write Protected. I have tried everything I can find on internet to fix this but to no avail. Can anyone help please? 146468
  6. Sd Card reader

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sd Card reader: Can Someone help Me. Ive Tried Everything But My Sd card reader wont work. How do i get my laptop to recognize that there is even a Sd card in it . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/bc9ec34c-018b-485b-abbb-c6f2ec864929"
  7. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: I have Windows 10 and my SD card reader is not recognized. I have tried everything on the earlier post and none have worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/d927df68-eac3-4356-8c18-4cd339419e75
  8. sd card reader

sd card reader: My sd card reader isn't working .How can I get it back on ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-reader/a9ecbe8c-3206-454a-960a-8b6f6ce13e12
  9. sd card reader

sd card reader: I have a dell inspiron 7537. After upgrading to windows 10 my sd reader does not work properly. It see the content but after a few minutes the content goes away and I have to reinsert sd card to see again. tried updating driver, uninstalling device and reinstalling. tested sd...
  10. SD Card Reader

SD Card Reader: My SD card reader is suddenly not working. The SD cards can be read in other Windows 10 devices, but cannot be seen any longer on this device. The Windows 10 Update occurred recently, assuming that may have caused the issue. Tried to Restore to previous point, before this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver for usb asap