Windows 10: Need help with User Name for PC

Discus and support Need help with User Name for PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So when i go to file explorer and go to users,its under someone elses name which i assumed i put as the user name for the pc when i got it 4 years... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Lord_Chanka_69, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Need help with User Name for PC

So when i go to file explorer and go to users,its under someone elses name which i assumed i put as the user name for the pc when i got it 4 years ago,i used netplwiz to change the username and the full name to my name,but now i want to give the pc to the person whos name was originally the username for the pc,i tried changing the full name and the username to theirs in netplwiz,and i clicked apply and all that,then it asks me to sign out and back in again,on the sign in screen it shows their name but when i enter the pin for the pc it changes to my name,i tried going to netplwiz again and the username changed back to my name,anyone know how to fix this? is it because im signed into my Microsoft account which uses my name?

submitted by /u/Lord_Chanka_69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Lord_Chanka_69, Nov 29, 2020

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Nov 29, 2020
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Nov 29, 2020
  4. Need help with User Name for PC

Changing the users name

Hello George,

We appreciate your time and effort to reach out to us again.

Please be informed that Microsoft Account does not allow the User account information with only the first name.

• Follow the below steps in order to be able to change the
      User Accounts name.
    Note: You need Admin rights to do the following.

1. Press Windows Key + R combination and then type
    netplwiz in the Run dialog box. Click
    OK
    . If prompted for UAC, click Yes.

2. Now in the User Accounts window, check Users must enter a user name and password to enter this computer, if it is unchecked. In the
    User Name section, select the user name to which you want to change the name and click
    Properties.

3. In the Properties window, in the User name field, provide the desired user name. Then click
    Apply followed by OK.

• Follow the below steps to change the "This PC"
      Folder name
    1. Open File Explorer.

2. In the navigation panel, right click on This PC.

3. Type in a new name and press Enter.

4. If you have an explorer window open, then close and reopen it to fully apply.

You will now see this new name in explorer instead of the default name This PC.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Need help with User Name for PC

1. Need help with User Name for PC - Similar Threads - Need help User

2. change user name PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change user name PC: Hi,I am signed in with my microsoft account but my PC greets me as 'user'. Can't find a way to change it. My microsoft account on gteh web shows my correct name but my PC does not. How do I change my account name on my PC?...
  3. change user name PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change user name PC: Hi,I am signed in with my microsoft account but my PC greets me as 'user'. Can't find a way to change it. My microsoft account on gteh web shows my correct name but my PC does not. How do I change my account name on my PC?...
  4. change user name PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need help changing name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help changing name: I had a friend's son set up my new computer. He put the main name as butthead. How do I change this? I've searched and searched and can't find how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-changing-name/5afa8e5d-b4c7-4605-bf9c-59487a06df25
  6. Need help changing name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help changing name: I had a friend's son set up my new computer. He put the main name as butthead. How do I change this? I've searched and searched and can't find how to do it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-changing-name/5afa8e5d-b4c7-4605-bf9c-59487a06df25
  7. Need help changing user folder name

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help changing user folder name: A friend of mine gave me a laptop and made a fun little game for me to figure out the code to enter it and stuff. The name of the user has to do with the code, well I signed in and logged into my Microsoft account, so now the sign-in screen has my name, but in the users...
  8. Need to change c/Users name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need to change c/Users name: I noticed on my old laptop that my name in c/Users was incorrect. I tried many methods to change it, but it never worked. Now recently I've built a new PC with a brand new copy of Windows 10, and when I checked the users file, I realized it's using that same name from before....
  9. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...
  10. Need help with changing name of user profile folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with changing name of user profile folder: I would like to change the name of the user profile folder. I have found and tried a few methods including one from Microsoft forums. None of them worked. I kept getting something about my User needing to sign out and back in again that there was a problem, so I would sign...