Windows 10: Need help with volume adjustment

Discus and support Need help with volume adjustment in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When ever I try to use the scroll wheel the volume adjustment thing appears in the top left and it wont go away it doesn't say anything is playing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Snoo61058, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Need help with volume adjustment

When ever I try to use the scroll wheel the volume adjustment thing appears in the top left and it wont go away it doesn't say anything is playing and it's just changing the audio level I think I accidentally pressed something but I'm not sure

Edit: Already tried restarting my computer and that didn't work

submitted by /u/Snoo61058
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Snoo61058, Mar 19, 2021
  2. dinkymau Win User

Whats the Keyboard Shortcut to Adjust Volume?

Old thread appeared in searching for solutions how to set keyboard shortcuts to adjust Windows 10 volume. Dalchina's helpful pointers lead to finding yet another suitable up-to-date free app by grandmaster Nir Sofer : View / change sound volume on Windows 10/7/8/2008 from command-line or GUI

Step 1: Fire up SoundVolumeView and find your sound device by selecting (un)mute with right mouse
    Step 2: Go to File menu> Create Desktop Shortcut> select Increase and select Decrease Volume 5%
    Step 3: Right click each shortcut> Properties> Shortcut to set preferred hotkey. E.g. + and - on numpad
    Step 4: Right click each shortcut again> Properties> General and tick Hidden - Apply - Ok

Voila! Hopefully helpful to someone sometime (Y)

dinkymau, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Volume step adjusting?

How can I change the step of the volume adjustment in windows? Now it adjusts by 2 every time I press volume up or down buttons on my keyboard (without any driver) or rotate the mouse wheel 1 step after clicking on the volume icon - I would like to change
    that value to 1, 5 or even 10, how can I do that? is there a key in the registry to do it?

David123David, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Need help with volume adjustment

Volume adjustment acceleration

Hi Ben,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Are you using a Microsoft Keyboard?
    • When did the issue started to happen?
    • Is this a new keyboard?
    • Aside from the hotkey to adjust the volume, have you experienced any issues with other hotkey functionality?
    • Was it working properly before?
    • Have you made sure that your computer is up to date?
    • Have you changed any settings on your computer?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Need help with volume adjustment

1. Need help with volume adjustment - Similar Threads - Need help volume

2. volume adjustment malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume adjustment malfunction: My computer's volume adjustment malfunctionAfter a update at end of ferburay my volume adjustment malfuntion, no matter how i move it the sound is fixed.windows 11 homeversion 21h2 22000.527realtek sound alc 887MSI GTX 1660 superI tried: switch Windows Audio and Windows Audio...
  3. volume adjustment malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume adjustment malfunction: My computer's volume adjustment malfunctionAfter a update at end of ferburay my volume adjustment malfuntion, no matter how i move it the sound is fixed.windows 11 homeversion 21h2 22000.527realtek sound alc 887MSI GTX 1660 superI tried: switch Windows Audio and Windows Audio...
  4. Taskbar volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar volume adjustment: The Taskbar volume show the percent setting for the volume but no longer shows the volume adjustment. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-adjustment/b5a64f01-169e-4d75-a819-2af3eda63392
  5. Need help with drive and volume.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with drive and volume.: Motherboard = Prime Z490-A CPU = Intel I9 PCI Device/Properties/Details/Hardware Ids/PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_06A4&SUBSYS_86941043&REV_00 I am having trouble with my volume. I can not hear anything at all but I see the volume going bar go up and down in the master volume in...
  6. Can't adjust the volume

Can't adjust the volume: Hi, I have a computer with external speakers. My issue is that I can only adjust on those speakers. Adjusting the volume in windows has no effect, it only cut off the sound if I put it at zero. It's really annoying, it's much more easy for me to control the volume directly...
  7. BCDEDIT - In need of help adjusting settings

BCDEDIT - In need of help adjusting settings: ello, I did a bit of reading on micro lag/stutter and I'm working to resolve it on a new laptop. I had uncovered an article that said to run the below two commands. I ran the first as an admin in commandprompt - I saw little difference. I ran the second and my system ran...
  8. Need help adjusting my display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help adjusting my display: My laptop display is broken towards the left side and there are black vertical lines running along the whole length of the screen. Is there any way I can resize Windows 10 to use the part of my display which still works? submitted by /u/geekalert91 [link] [comments]...
  9. Volume adjustment

Volume adjustment: Volume adjustment low during video playback https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/volume-adjustment/01b4e1d8-bf79-40f2-8fc5-863b8063706c
  10. Adjusting headphone volume

Adjusting headphone volume: I hope this is the correct forum...for the first time I used headphones in Windows 10 Pro, and I found the normal Fn-F6 and Fn-F7 that adjust speaker volume do not work to adjust headphone volume - nor does the slider in the task tray. I can go into Control Panel and find the...