Windows 10: need help with w10 buildin admin

Discus and support need help with w10 buildin admin in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; hi guys im new here any tool for me that can see the password of built in admin (without replacing or resetting the password}? 35691 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by yujinloh, Dec 30, 2015.

1. yujinloh Win User

need help with w10 buildin admin

hi guys im new here
    any tool for me that can see the password of built in admin (without replacing or resetting the password}?

:)

yujinloh, Dec 30, 2015

2. QR Code

Mango has buildin QR reader.

Press search then the "eye". Now just hold over QR code. No application needed.

Søren Dalhoff, Dec 30, 2015
  3. W10 Admin permissions help

I will try.

crochetjulie, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Are you sure there was a password set on the Administrator login? By default that account is hidden. Most times there will be at least 1 User with administrative rights. There is a process to show the Administrator on the login screen.
    show administrator on welcome screen at DuckDuckGo
    I've used it at times in diagnosing/repairing problems but always have to remember to undo it before releasing the computer to a client.

Berton, Dec 30, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    The built-in Administrator is, by default, without password. When it comes to the sign in screen, just hit Enter and you are in.

Unless someone else has entered a password before you, in which case you will have to talk to the person who created the password.
    I am obligated not to offer assistance to circumvent the password protection.

davidhk, Dec 30, 2015
  6. yujinloh Win User
    No guys i mean idk who set the password on the builtin admin.
    There was no pwd when i use it.
    But Idk who set the pwd on it.
    So I'm asking any tool for me that can see the password of built in admin (without replacing or resetting the password}?

yujinloh, Dec 31, 2015
  7. lx07 Win User
    You can change the password if you are authorised. You can see who changed it in the past by looking at the audit log. You can not see the password someone chose. That is the point of a password.

8. Berton Win User

The program I use will not display passwords, only deletes them.

Berton, Dec 31, 2015
  9. lx07 Win User
    And that is it. You can change or reset a password if you are an administrator. You can know my log-on is HALI but you can't know my password is 12345. That really is the point of a password.

This is the same on any computer system I've ever used.

10. LMiller7 Win User
    One of the design features of the NT platform from the beginning was that even an administrator would never be able to see the password for any account, even their own. Windows can't tell you the password for the Administrator or any other account because it doesn't know them. There are quite simple and effective methods available for verifying entered passwords without actually knowing the password that was set. Programmers learn such methods quite early in their education.

The ability to view passwords would be a security risk. If that were possible an administrator could log in as any user with no obvious indication that this had happened. With the present system an admin could change the password of another user and log in but could not restore the original password.

LMiller7, Dec 31, 2015
  11. SKIDDOW Win User
    You CANNOT see password.
    But here is it with encrypted C:\Windows\System32\config

In modern computer platforms we cannot see passwords. they are encrypted.

SKIDDOW, Jan 3, 2016
  12. LMiller7 Win User
    It isn't really encryption. That would imply that there is some way to convert back from the encrypted to the original password. There isn't.

When a password is created a mathematical operation is done on it and the result stored. When a user enters a password the same operation is done on it and the results compared. If they match you are logged in. A very simple example is adding up the character values of the password. Obviously there is no way to determine the original password from the sum of the character values. Windows uses a more complex system, the details of which are undocumented. The location where the results are stored is by default inaccessible to even an elevated admin account.

There is no reason to store passwords in the clear when there are such simple and effective ways to avoid it. Early versions of Unix did this but that was decades ago.

An administrator can remove or change any password but he cannot see what it is. This is by design.

LMiller7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. need help with w10 buildin admin - Similar Threads - need help w10

2. need help with fixing the run as admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  3. need help with fixing the run as admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    need help with fixing the run as admin: I was messing around in gpedit and in local policies, the most bottom folder and the most bottom selection in the bottom folder, i pressed enable and now when i try to run anything with admin user and password it wont show the option to insert admin user and password and...
  4. forgot admin password need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    forgot admin password need help: hello i forgot my administrator password, how do i reset the password without wiping the computer? i only have access to user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password-need-help/abe637d3-7ad8-443a-b1e3-ecd99ed14624
  5. forgot admin password need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    forgot admin password need help: hello i forgot my administrator password, how do i reset the password without wiping the computer? i only have access to user account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-admin-password-need-help/abe637d3-7ad8-443a-b1e3-ecd99ed14624
  6. Need help finding admin password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help finding admin password: So someone in my family (presumably my parents) accessed my Lenovo ThinkPad laptop when I wasn't using it and changed the admin password, and restricted a lot of my computer activities. I can't download stuff without their permission, they hard uninstalled my games, and told...
  7. need help with admin programs

need help with admin programs: cant open any admin programs like cmd(admin) or task manager despite being on an admin account. submitted by /u/Kazim_8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ixp426/need_help_with_admin_programs/
  8. Need help! No admin account

Need help! No admin account: So I picked up and old PC I left at exes house and my kids deleted admin account. Now I can't uninstall/install anything and can't don't a factory reset. What's a solution for this? Also I created a new account but doesn't appear at log in screen . submitted by /u/moisesg88...
  9. Need help updsting to W10 1909

Need help updsting to W10 1909: I need updating to version 1909. Long story short, I think I migh've done something wrong. I installed the LSU before the SSU's and now I cant seem to find the update to version 1909. now on top of that,I'm having the same issue with the search bar as everyone else too (but I...
  10. Need help with Admin privileges

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need help with Admin privileges: I need to install a software but when I click the file the UAC comes out and asks the usual questions. What I find weird is it does not give me the option to click YES. Only the NO button shows up. I checked and it seems that I am logged in as a local account. I tired...