Windows 10: Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings.....

Discus and support Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings..... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear Anyone. If someone knows of a .PDF or similar tutorial that covers questions as basic as this, please tell me, you'll save a lot of these kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ulrichburke, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings.....

Dear Anyone.

If someone knows of a .PDF or similar tutorial that covers questions as basic as this, please tell me, you'll save a lot of these kind of posts!

I know Windows well up to 8 (not 8.1, kinda skipped that one!) Ten's nice till it does something unexpected. I'd used CTRL-CLICK to choose a bunch of files and sub-folders for moving to a new folder and suddenly everything in the folder I was in changed. Instead of a normal list of little icons with file names after, they became whacking great icons with double-blue arrows after them. The double-blue arrows were curved in a circle, the point of each pointing to the tail of the other.

What do they mean and what had I done? I thought I'd killed the content of all my sub-folders somehow but the content seems to be there still. How do I get the 'normal' (i.e., the view I'm used to, the little icons with the names next to them, you'll know what I mean!) view back again? Does Windows 10 have any more of those tricks waiting for me?

Yours puzzledly - I really thought I'd lost a load of stuff but now I don't think I have -

Chris.

:)

ulrichburke, Jan 10, 2021

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Time Lady Win User

Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings.....

Time Lady, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings.....

1. Need help with Win-10 mysterious happenings..... - Similar Threads - Need help mysterious

2. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help activating Win 10: I rienstalled windows. i input my windows key when I installed it. Now it is saying I dont have a windows key. I originally upgraded from win 7 ult, and should have had a digital key for win 10 pro associated with my account. I guess I dont now for some reason. I need help...
  3. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help activating Win 10: I rienstalled windows. i input my windows key when I installed it. Now it is saying I dont have a windows key. I originally upgraded from win 7 ult, and should have had a digital key for win 10 pro associated with my account. I guess I dont now for some reason. I need help...
  4. Need help activating Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I need help. Why is this happening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help. Why is this happening?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/kirito9201 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m94l1r/i_need_help_why_is_this_happening/
  6. whats happening to the screen , need help .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    whats happening to the screen , need help .: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/abcdefghijklmnspqr0 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6oe7c/whats_happening_to_the_screen_need_help/
  7. Mysterious Win 10 Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mysterious Win 10 Issues: So for months now I have been having a series of issues with Windows 10. The biggest issue being seemingly random reboots. The only clue I have found in regards to this is a Bugcheck Error that I can see in the Event Viewer. Which occurs every time the reboot occurs. On top...
  8. Need help updating Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help updating Win 10: All, This question is with regard to an Asus UX333F computer which I have had for about one year. (Do note that I am not a huge Windows 10 fan, so part of the issue may be my mindset...) The computer is currently running Windows 10, version 1809, installed on 22 June 2019....
  9. Mystery Cruise help

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mystery Cruise help: how do you solve the lightbulb mini game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mystery-cruise-help/90bcb2c4-df4d-4b08-8830-56150d088918"
  10. USB 3.0 Mystery works in Win 7 but not Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3.0 Mystery works in Win 7 but not Win 10: USB 3.0 Mystery works in Win 7 but not Win 10 I read its not possible for a USB flash drive 3.0 to work in Usb Flash 2.0 port? How come the flash drive works in windows 7 but not windows 10? It also work in Linux mint 18.2 for info. As far as I know my USB drives are 2.0...