Windows 10: Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

Discus and support Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sir Caramel, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now boots Windows cannot ‘see’ the recovery partition. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m loathe to do a complete OS reinstall. My Win 10 is fully updated. I have an SSD drive with my OS and some software on it and a few other drives with installed audio & video software and media. I migrated my OS disk to a larger SSD due to lack of space issues. I changed the disk from MBR to GPT with hindsight, not doi

:)

Sir Caramel, Aug 29, 2022

2. Win 7 sys. recovery partition

Ok everytime I install an OS I reformat the hdd and delete all partitions. When Win 7 is fully installed it creates it's own "system recovery" partition. But this time it didn't*Confused Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition :confused: I know how to create partitions, so can I create one for the recovery and will the os recognize it as a recovery partition?

t77snapshot, Aug 29, 2022
  3. Rexter Win User
    Help with HP System Recovery partition

I will try and cut this short:

So i have this HP pavilion DV5-1987 laptop, that came with windows vista home premium 32bit. A couple of months later i installed a 64bit version, and about a week ago i installed Windows 7 x64 RTM. Both installations was a fresh install on the C partition, leaving the recovery partition intact and alone.
    Now i have regrettet and want the original os to be reinstalled. But it doesnt work.
    The bios options does nothing, i press ESC to get to boot options, choose F11 for boot to recovery partition, and it goes straight to windows 7.
    i search the internet for options and try these suggestions:
    Mark drive D as active partition (the rec partition). it still boots to win 7.
    boot to super grub from a boot cd, and press "AUTO MAGIC BOOTER" (something like that). it then shows me two identical "vista boot loader" to choose from, and both goes into win 7, and a third (other OS) that gives me and error and returns to grub loader.

there a several other suggestions but either they wont work in my scenario or are another iteration of what i have already tried.

So uh... help? please? if you need anymore information please ask.

Rexter, Aug 29, 2022
  4. RyoTakagi Win User

Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition :)

RyoTakagi, Aug 29, 2022
Thema:

Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

1. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition - Similar Threads - Need help unlinked

2. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now boots Windows cannot ‘see’ the recovery partition. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m...
  3. Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with Win 10 with unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. Restored a backup so it now boots Windows cannot ‘see’ the recovery partition. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m...
  4. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. If you could help, I’d be very grateful. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m loathe to do a complete OS reinstall....
  5. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition: On the way to getting my C drive ready to be backed up, I’ve stupidly messed with it to the point that it doesn’t boot. If you could help, I’d be very grateful. I have several old programs on the drive that cannot be reinstalled so I’m loathe to do a complete OS reinstall....
  6. Need help with non-booting Win 10 after trying to fix unlinked recovery partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Win 10 Recovery Mode Loop - Need Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Recovery Mode Loop - Need Help: Hello peeps. Im new here and relativly new to windows 10 and have come seeking some help in regards to my windows 10 PC After installing KODI and downloading a repository for YODA from GitHub. My pc Crashed and went into recovery mode. I tried all the usual options...
  8. Recovery partition needs optimization

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recovery partition needs optimization: When I upgraded to the Creators Update, I have noticed that the Recovery partition of my hard drive reads 13% fragmented. I have tried defragmenting it, but nothing happens. Having mild OCD, how do I remedy this? 81972
  9. Is my Recovery partition Win 8 or Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is my Recovery partition Win 8 or Win 10?: I am doing some OS maintenance on friends Surface Pro 2 currently running Win 10 Pro x64. One of the things I want to do is implement a backup process using Macrium Reflect. The HDD has a Recovery partition on it of around 6GB (full) but I don't know whether it's current...
  10. Multiple Recovery Partitions After Windows 10 upgrade, Need help?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple Recovery Partitions After Windows 10 upgrade, Need help?: Windows 10 went ahead and installed without my permission on my Dell laptop. I wasn't ready to upgrade, yet. The install finished, I looked it over and decided I needed to roll back to 8.1. I did this and now I have multiple recovery partitions and barely any disk space left...