Windows 10: Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing

Discus and support Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I am a small computer repair shop and I often get many older computers in pretty good condition. For example: I got an older computer with just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by InfoCGagn, Mar 3, 2021.

1. InfoCGagn Win User

Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing

Hi I am a small computer repair shop and I often get many older computers in pretty good condition.

For example: I got an older computer with just a Windows XP Home OEM Sticker on it, what if I do the following:

1- Make a clean install of Windows 10 Home without using a product key then sell it with a disclaimer that says that windows 10 is not activated.
    2- Make a clean install of Windows 10 Home using a generic product key then sell it with a disclaimer that says that windows 10 is not activated.
    3- Make a clean install of Windows XP Home using the product key on the Windows XP Home OEM Sticker then sell it with a disclaimer to warn the buyer that Windows XP no longer gets security updates from Microsoft.
    4- Make a clean install of Linux Mint 20.1 XFCE then sell it.
    5- Make a clean install of Windows 10 Home using the product key on a Windows 7 Home OEM Sticker I took from another dead computer.

2nd example: I got an older computer with just a Windows 7 Home OEM Sticker on it, what if I do the following:
    6- Make a clean install of Windows 10 Home using the product key on the Windows 7 Home OEM Sticker then sell it.

I just want to make sure that what I do is legal. Thanks!

:)

InfoCGagn, Mar 3, 2021
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing

1. Need Help With Windows 10 Licensing - Similar Threads - Need Help Licensing

2. I need some help with license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need some help with license: I brought my computer in the repair shop to fix my Windows issue. He needs to re install Windows and it seems that it is the only way. I wait but I got the device just today. When I boot the computer, it is successful however I found out that it is not activated. It is before...
  3. I need some help with license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need some help with license: I brought my computer in the repair shop to fix my Windows issue. He needs to re install Windows and it seems that it is the only way. I wait but I got the device just today. When I boot the computer, it is successful however I found out that it is not activated. It is before...
  4. I need some help with license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help removing license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help removing license: Hold on! Before you reply with the typical "Oh, you need to go and type slmgr /dlv into CMD and you're done" let me explain what I specifically am asking for. So I need the command to remove my Win 10 license from my bricked OS. It isn't the only OS on the PC either, I have...
  6. Need help with Windows 10 licensing and installation

Need help with Windows 10 licensing and installation: I recently was gifted an ASUS PC that had Windows 10 preloaded from the factory. The problem is that the hard drive died and won't boot. I can install Windows 10 but I have no way of knowing what the original key is. Its not on the system anywhere and I don't think the...
  7. Need help understanding digital license

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help understanding digital license: A few years ago I got a laptop with Windows 10 Pro then a few months ago I got an old PC from a friend. On said PC I signed into my Microsoft account. In the Activation section of Update & Security, both computers say that Windows 10 Pro is installed with the message:...
  8. Need help activating Windows 10 Enterprise license

Need help activating Windows 10 Enterprise license: It's been a while that in my company we have some machines where we can't activate windows We tried everything from buying a new license from azure to reinstalling the whole OS but nothing worked We always get the same error code 0xC004F074 Is there someone that can help?...
  9. need help with windows license will expire soon

need help with windows license will expire soon: [ATTACH] i have tired everything. but its still showing that notification https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-windows-license-will-expire-soon/6bf19753-0bc7-44e8-a40b-95c6a98d96db
  10. Licensing issues windows 10, need help.

Licensing issues windows 10, need help.: I upgraded to Windows 10 via the internet which should be digitally licenced, however I now keep getting messages flashing up stating my licence is about to end & I need to input a product key. Which I don't have because it was a digital upgrade. windows help system is no...