Windows 10: Need help with windows 10 pro 2004 power settings.

Discus and support Need help with windows 10 pro 2004 power settings. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently got a dell precision 5540 with a quadro t2000 and a i9 9980hk for school. The problem is that the entire system is being throttled by the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/whyyyyys, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Need help with windows 10 pro 2004 power settings.

I recently got a dell precision 5540 with a quadro t2000 and a i9 9980hk for school.

The problem is that the entire system is being throttled by the balanced power settings and I have no way to change it. It even keeps shutting off the WiFi adapter for long periods of time and even restarting won’t fix it. I need help because my other laptop is pretty crappy and I don’t want the WiFi on this one shutting off in the middle of class.

submitted by /u/whyyyyys
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/whyyyyys, Sep 3, 2020

2. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Sep 3, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Need help with windows 10 pro 2004 power settings.

Windows 10 Power Settings

Hi Mike,

There are various reasons why you are experiencing this issue. One of which is misconfigured power settings.

Considering that the settings are properly set up and the issue is still happening, we suggest running the troubleshooter for Power on your Settings. This will help in identifying the root cause of the issue and provide appropriate fix for it. Kindly
    follow the steps below to do it:

• Open Settings.
    • Choose Update & security.
    • Under Update & security, choose Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and Fix other problems, scroll down and look for
      Power
    • Click Power, and click Run the troubleshooter tab, then, follow the on-screen instructions to perform it.

Kindly update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Need help with windows 10 pro 2004 power settings.

1. Need help with windows 10 pro 2004 power settings. - Similar Threads - Need help pro

2. I need help with power

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I need help with power: When i have the power adapter connected the sleep option work perfectly fine but when i disconnect the power adapter and put the computer to sleep it shuts down.Please help!...
  3. I need help with power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with power: When i have the power adapter connected the sleep option work perfectly fine but when i disconnect the power adapter and put the computer to sleep it shuts down.Please help!...
  4. I need help with power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help to downgrade Windows 10 2004 to 1903

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help to downgrade Windows 10 2004 to 1903: I am having performance issues while gaming in the latest version of windows. There is an option in the settings that'll probably downgrade it to 1909 but I want to downgrade to 1903 (to play Forza Horizon 3). Can someone help me? submitted by /u/GojiraHasBFG [link]...
  6. Help needed in Windows 10 2004 version.

Help needed in Windows 10 2004 version.: Hello, I have Intel Xeon e5-2660 (8 core 16 threads) and 16 Gigs of RAM on my Dell Precision T3610. I have Windows 10 2004 version running. But my problem is that sometimes my PC gets stuck in normal usage and I have to hold down the power button to restart it. I had checked...
  7. Need help with windows 10 equalizer settings

Need help with windows 10 equalizer settings: without any reason my PC deactivated the equalizer in the sound settings and i cant find them anymore. The enhancments tab is just gone. i tried reinstalling Realtek drivers but that didnt help at all. i am using a Logitech G430 headset. my solution at the moment is using the...
  8. Need help with windows 10 pro

Need help with windows 10 pro: So recently I bought a new PC and on the website it said "Includes Windows 10 Pro" and when it arrived and I set it up windows wasn't even activated.So what the hell am I supposed to?Do I need to buy Windows again? submitted by /u/__vexin__ [link] [comments]...
  9. Need help activating windows 10 pro.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need help activating windows 10 pro.: Ive tried changing product key, that doesnt work..tried everything i could that didnt erase all my apps...can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? ive had these two different error codes Ox8007232b, and also Ox803f7001...
  10. Need help on desktop auto power on issue on Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help on desktop auto power on issue on Win10 Pro: Can anyone help me to solve the problem on desktop auto power on? Few days ago I just upgraded my desktop to Win 10 pro 64bit, it was fine until tonight, I tried to shut down the PC, it did actually powered off everything just for about a min., the PC will turn back on...