Windows 10: Need help with Windows randomly not booting anymore

Discus and support Need help with Windows randomly not booting anymore in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm at my wit's end on this. My computer was perfectly fine. Turned it off the other day. Went to turn it on today, haven't used it in a few days, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uoYredruM, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Need help with Windows randomly not booting anymore

I'm at my wit's end on this. My computer was perfectly fine. Turned it off the other day. Went to turn it on today, haven't used it in a few days, and it won't boot. The light blue Windows logo dispays with the swirling loading icon for a few seconds, screen flashes like Windows is about to boot and then it's a black screen with the swirling loading icon that never goes anywhere.

I tried forcing it into the auto repair mode, which I did, but nothing works. If I try a reset, it initiates the process, goes through the whole thing then says it fails and no changes were saved. If I try doing a repair it says it fails. If I try to do a recovery it says no files exist. If I try to manually search for a recovery image, all of my drivers are visible and accessable (which means the drives are fine).

Luckily I have an old laptop with UBUNTU so I downloaded the Windows 10 iso and I'm trying to transfer it to a USB drive but it's taking 12 hours to transfer for some reason. That's the route I'm going to attempt next, tomorrow apparently.

Any idea? I really need my PC.

submitted by /u/uoYredruM
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/uoYredruM, Dec 3, 2019
  2. ElderJohn Win User

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE randomly after cold boot/sleep

For the past month I have been getting random BSOD's all with driver power state failure. They happen randomly, usually within the first 5-10 minutes of cold booting or waking my computer. Steps I have taken to attempt to fix the problem:
    1. Reinstalled GPU drivers/ tried old drivers
    2. Fresh installed Windows 1803, still happened, then fresh installed 1709
    3. Disabled Fast Boot
    None of these things fixed the issue, any help would be much appreciated at pinpointing the issue. Thanks

ElderJohn, Dec 3, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 3, 2019
  4. Need help with Windows randomly not booting anymore

freaksavior, Dec 3, 2019
Thema:

Need help with Windows randomly not booting anymore

1. Need help with Windows randomly not booting anymore - Similar Threads - Need help randomly

2. Need Help with random Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help with random Crashes: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random crashes. I have spent many hours throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the EventData I found that...
  3. Need Help with random Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with random Crashes: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random crashes. I have spent many hours throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the EventData I found that...
  4. Need Help with random Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help with random BSODs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with random BSODs: Hi all, I've been having random BSODs for a while now and they're making me crazy. The BSODs happen randomly throughout the day, sometimes 2-3 times in a day. It tends to happen more if I'm Remote Desktop to connect to another PC. The errors are also random:...
  6. Random restarts, need help!

Random restarts, need help!: Hello All! A few weeks ago I began to experience random BSOD / random power loss...usually while PC is idle but has happened when gaming. Thinking it was PSU related, swapped two additional units (Seasonic and EVGA) and still ran into this issue. From there reinstalled the...
  7. Random BSODs need help

Random BSODs need help: This is the second time I am posting this, couse I didnt get any replies last time, so hopefully things will go better this time. I did get another blue screen in those days which is also uploaded. Here we go:...
  8. Need help, random BSODs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, random BSODs: Recently I've been facing a lot of BSODs in one partition of my PC, the event viewer shows a volmgr error with event ID 161 Whenever this happens my Windows can't create a dump, so I can't analyze what exactly is wrong with my computer. I searched a lot about this error on...
  9. Need help on booting windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need help on booting windows: Hello, i need help on booting windows 10 on my laptop. Yesterday i’m changing some of the msconfig setting on boot, i use the “selective booting” one and default, after i restart my laptop it stop booting and some error code appear : 0xc000000e and said that my laptop need...
  10. Need help booting!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help booting!!: The laptop i was putting Windows 10 on to had a partition with Linux distro on it and once the Windows 10 install was done I went back in and deleted the partition and formatted it. But! I forgot to set the Windows partition as the active partition and now when I try to boot...