Windows 10: Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off

Discus and support Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had an issue in the past with my usb headset turning off during my workshift from home after about 8 hours a while back and I found where to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by barb_699, Jul 29, 2019.

1. barb_699 Win User

Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off

I had an issue in the past with my usb headset turning off during my workshift from home after about 8 hours a while back and I found where to go to tell Windows to not turn it off. (I hope that made sense.) I know It's not in the normal Settings.

I now have an issue with my wired keyboard/mice shutting off. Can someone please tell me if there is a Windows setting that would shut off the mouse / keyboard after a certain time frame as was for the headset?

Thanks for your assistance!

:)

barb_699, Jul 29, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 29, 2019
  3. KJM
    KJM Win User
    Recommend a keyboard/mouse?

Right now I'm looking to get the Logitech MX3200, but was looking at Microsoft Ergonomics Keyboard 4000. But Could not really find a wireless mouse that stood out. I can do with a wired keyboard, but any suggestions on a good wireless mouse?

What would you guys recommend? MX3200 or Microsoft 4000 + whatever wireless mouse

4. Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off

replacing wireless keyboard & mouse w/wired both

Hello,

One of the possible reasons why you are getting this issue is that the device you're trying to install is not compatible with the version of Windows you're currently running. However, we still need to identify
    and isolate this issue you're experiencing. Kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of the wired keyboard and wired mouse you're using?
    • Do you get any error messages?
    • Have you checked all the keyboard's/mouse plugs to make sure that there are no loose connections?
    • What about connecting the mouse and the keyboard to your computer by using a different USB port?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off

1. Need help with wired keyboard/mouse shutting off - Similar Threads - Need help wired

2. Wired Mouse and Keyboard disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired Mouse and Keyboard disconnecting and reconnecting.: I have a HyperX PulseFire Haste mouse and Redragon Kumara K552 keyboard that are both wired. They will occasionally disconnect for a second and then reconnect and the lights will go off as if they had been unplugged. In addition to that, the mouse will disconnect and...
  3. Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging

Wired keyboard and wireless mouse lagging: No idea how to even start checking what the issue is. When I start using my laptop Dell XPS 13 9310 in the morning - it works. But after some time something weird starts to happen. There is no CPU/Ram/anything spikes in the panels, no errors, no nothing. It's the latest...
  4. Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working

Wired Keyboard and Mouse are not working: My wired Keyboard and mouse have stopped working and I have no idea why. I am using an HP 24 all in one PC. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wired-keyboard-and-mouse-are-not-working/71b9f286-b87b-4044-9884-2deb6481ddea
  5. Wired keyboard and mouse keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wired keyboard and mouse keeps disconnecting: My mouse disconnect and reconnect randomly but when my keyboard is disconnect, i need unplug and plug it several times before it start work. Any solutions you know? submitted by /u/KontOlaf [link] [comments]...
  6. Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots

Wired Mouse/Keyboard Turn Off When Windows Boots: As of 3/1/2019, my wired mouse and keyboard stop working when Windows boots. They light up and turn on when my computer is booting, but as soon as Windows launches they power down. I’ve tried different usb ports on my computer and tried different mice (both wired and...
  7. Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.

Wired Mouse and Keyboard freeze.: I got this problem for about 2 months now. My keyboard and mouse keep freezing, I always plugged my keyboard and mouse on rear panel, it freezes after about 10 minutes of using. I tried to use new keyboard and mouse still freeze again. After it freeze, I plugged it to front...
  8. Need Help Picking Mouse And Keyboard

Need Help Picking Mouse And Keyboard: I got a new PC in a sense. My Acer I took to be fixed, had died. So he rebuilt me a PC using a refurbished Advent Windows 10 Tower. It's a Advent Tower, Dell Monitor, and Acer Keyboard and Mouse. The keyboard and mouse are going. It scrolls and does things I don't want....
  9. No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED

No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED: Hello, I'm looking for a solution since 3 days with non success so I hope that someone wll be able to help me. To make a long story short, I installed Windows 10 (coming from Windows 7) and I was facing trobles with my USB ports. I tried to fix this but now my USB...
  10. Screens/Keyboard/Mouse shut off constantly. Help!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screens/Keyboard/Mouse shut off constantly. Help!: Hi Friends, I have been having this issue for awhile now where my monitors/keyboard/screens shut off (not sure if everything freezes or not... I'm assuming so? I can't do anything so I just need to restart/turn off my computer). I can be recording, I can be playing games,...