Windows 10: Need Help!

Discus and support Need Help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Gamers! I just wanted to ask about - How do you back up your save files of your PC Games before doing format? are you guys manually copying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by pooch22, Jan 12, 2018.

1. pooch22 Win User

Need Help!

Hello Gamers!

I just wanted to ask about - How do you back up your save files of your PC Games before doing format?
    are you guys manually copying and saving it? or is there a freeware/application/software to do so?

I'm going to format my PC this coming week but I dont wanna lose my save files

:)

pooch22, Jan 12, 2018
  2. Need#Help Win User

Adding Birthdays and Holidays to Windows 10 Mail App

If someone knows how to add holidays and birthdays to the Windows 10 Mail App, PLEASE tell me how.

Thank you!

Need#Help, Jan 12, 2018
  3. shared printing from xp to windows 10 not showing

have shared printer on xp which was accessible Windows laptop. Windows 10 received updates and how printer not showing up on 10 and trying to reconnect test page okay but printer doesn't show up

need help nice, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Geosammy Win User

Need Help!

Can't you just copy/past the files to a flash drive?

Geosammy, Jan 12, 2018
  5. It's going to be different for every game. Usually they put it somewhere in C:\users\<username>\ but you'll have to manually look online for each game to get the exact location.

Newer games purchased from Steam or other stores usually have some sort of automatic cloud backup, but again, this is game-dependent.

PolarNettles, Jan 12, 2018
  6. AddRAM Win User
    You buy a drive just for games, you install your games on that drive. That way when you format windows, all you have to do is install Steam, Origin etc and make your games drive the default downloads location, when you go to install your game, the client finds the game data and just links it so you don't have to keep reinstalling.

AddRAM, Jan 12, 2018
  7. pooch22 Win User
    well guys tbh all of my games came from torrent coz I dont want to spend money online just to play them when I can just download them for free, you know what im sayin, so my only concern is what i stated above and I was just wondering if there is any possible way to do so coz I know for a fact that the only way is to locate their specific save location, copy it and save on a flash drive which is hassle :/

pooch22, Jan 12, 2018
  8. Bat 1 Win User

Need Help!

There are Strict Rules on This Site against the discussion of Pirated Software. Nobody will be able to give any help

Bat 1, Jan 12, 2018
  9. That would only ensure your game data files are preserved. The save files are generally put somewhere in your user folder, which might not be on the same drive as your Steam drive. Older games and poorly-coded games might even hard-code their save locations to somewhere like C:\games.

So to be 100% sure you have to manually copy the save files (or backup the entire drive).

PolarNettles, Jan 12, 2018
  10. AddRAM Win User
    Not sure what you`re talking about, I never have a problem like that. If I ever have to clean install windows, I just reinstall my clients, set the downloads location and that`s it.

Open the client library, click the game I want to play and I`m off. Right where I left off.

I suppose you mean manually installed games other then Steam, Origin, Uplay, GOG etc.

AddRAM, Jan 13, 2018
  11. Well the OP indicated they get games from... non-standard sources. Also, I have very old games on Steam from before they started cloud storage of save files.

PolarNettles, Jan 13, 2018
  12. pooch22 Win User
    yeah, sorry about the games everyone i know about the rules but u see im talking about the save-location not , so guys in my case the only option wud be manually copying the save game file then save it on a flash drive. so thanks everyone!

also i've found this program on google but it looks like it only works with clients (Steam, Origins, ETC.)

pooch22, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Need Help!

1. Need Help! - Similar Threads - Need Help

2. can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it: I have lost my Iphone and need help locating it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-find-my-iphone-i-lost-it-and/5d365c6e-40e2-4189-b205-b403eafef468
  3. can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it: I have lost my Iphone and need help locating it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-anyone-help-me-find-my-iphone-i-lost-it-and/5d365c6e-40e2-4189-b205-b403eafef468
  4. can anyone help me find my iPhone - I lost it and need help locating it

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I need help with minidump file reading PC randomly restarted This is what Debugger said

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with minidump file reading PC randomly restarted This is what Debugger said: So I have an rx 7900xt and I applied an underclock while playing Dishonored 1, driver timed out after playing for a while, then I reapplied the same underclock that Ive had before and the PC restarted upon continuation of playing, PC made a minidump and I have scanned it, can...
  6. I need help with minidump file reading PC randomly restarted This is what Debugger said

I need help with minidump file reading PC randomly restarted This is what Debugger said: So I have an rx 7900xt and I applied an underclock while playing Dishonored 1, driver timed out after playing for a while, then I reapplied the same underclock that Ive had before and the PC restarted upon continuation of playing, PC made a minidump and I have scanned it, can...
  7. Need help with lenovo doesn't show wifi on network connections it satys install a driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with lenovo doesn't show wifi on network connections it satys install a driver...: Un able to connect to wifi on my lenovopc amd A6 It says install driver for your network adapter.It's on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-lenovo-doesnt-show-wifi-on-network/8bf1bc6f-aa8c-4b40-80d7-7c0b36c112a5
  8. Need help with lenovo doesn't show wifi on network connections it satys install a driver...

Need help with lenovo doesn't show wifi on network connections it satys install a driver...: Un able to connect to wifi on my lenovopc amd A6 It says install driver for your network adapter.It's on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-lenovo-doesnt-show-wifi-on-network/8bf1bc6f-aa8c-4b40-80d7-7c0b36c112a5
  9. Need help with lenovo doesn't show wifi on network connections it satys install a driver...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Need help finding an unsaved excel document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help finding an unsaved excel document: I can't find an unsaved excel document. Looked in C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\ and there are no files in the folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-finding-an-unsaved-excel-document/7215eb8b-7d0e-4d65-bb2a-792a48248fdd