Windows 10: Need Helping Fixing BSODs/Crashes

Discus and support Need Helping Fixing BSODs/Crashes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I built my PC about 8 months ago and have slowly just begun having more and more issues. I am constantly getting BSODs with a bunch of different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Auztin, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Auztin Win User

Need Helping Fixing BSODs/Crashes

So I built my PC about 8 months ago and have slowly just begun having more and more issues. I am constantly getting BSODs with a bunch of different error codes and explanations. I used WhoCrashed to try and figure out what might be the issue in case I need to RMA something, but 99% of the errors are explained in WhoCrashed as driver errors and it says it is not likely a hardware issue, however a few of them (and I'm talking about maybe like 3/100 suggest it could be due to overheating, although I have very good cooling and on HWMonitor my temps never reach anything even close to what I've read to be considered high.

The main things I think may be useful in diagnosing the problem, or at least things I find very odd is that the errors/crashes only occur while to PC is under very low load, I have had probably 100+ crashes at this point and not a single one has occurred while I was actively using my PC. It will crash if I am just using something like TeamSpeak/Discord and have Chrome running in the background, but if I am actually doing something on Chrome or playing any sort of game or anything like that it has yet to crash in those situations.

Also, I have reinstalled windows multiple times and upon doing so no crashes will occur for about a week or two and then they will start again, keep in mind they typically happen daily and pretty much without fail if I leave my PC idle for more than 10 minutes.

I have read easily hundreds of pages for troubleshooting guides and watched hours of youtube videos but I have been unable to identify the problem. At this point I'm assuming it must be hardware but then I don't understand why reinstalling windows would be a temporary fix and I also can't think of any reason it only happens while idle. I'm thinking it has to be hardware at this point but I have no idea what it might be and of course if I'm going to send something back and ask for a replacement I want to make sure I'm sending back something that is actually broken and the issue will be fixed.

Things I have tried:

No overclocks

Uninstalling/Reinstalling every driver on the PC.

Multiple fresh installs of windows.

Only updating drivers offered by the standard windows update utility.

Installing only very basic programs on the computer after a fresh install of windows, literally just Chrome, Steam, and Discord.

Every troubleshooting process I could find online including chkdsk, windows troubleshooter, Memtest86, and literally dozen of other things you do in command prompt that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Booting with only 1 stick of RAM (each separately) as well as all possible configurations in all available slots.

Installing only onto SSD and removing HDD, as well as vice versa.

Plugging power cable directly into wall (I typically use a surge protector).

Updating BIOS and resetting all BIOS settings to default

Probably some other things I'm forgetting and literally anything that I could find online related to my issues

Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero (WIFI) Z390

i7 8700k

Asus RTX 2070 Advanced A8G GDDR6

G Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3200mhz

EVGA Supernova 650 P2 80+ Platinum power supply

Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 500GB

Seagate BarraCuda HDD 2TB

Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4 CPU Air Cooler

Be Quiet Case Fans 120mm x3

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X ATX Case

Crash dumps for this install of windows:

Dropbox - Crash Dumps - Simplify your life

Log Collector:
    dl=0DESKTOP-A42658D-(2019-09-22_23-31-28).zip

:)

Auztin, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. tcpip.sys 0x109 BSOD error. How do i fix it ??

Darshan

The steps suggested will enable you to collect the information needed to diagnose the cause of the crashes. You need to provide me with copies of these files if you want me to help you to resolve the BSOD errors.

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 24, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Need Helping Fixing BSODs/Crashes - Similar Threads - Need Helping Fixing

2. Need help fixing game crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help fixing game crashing: Need help fixing game crashing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-fixing-game-crashing/deef5172-3c8f-4b6d-909e-a0aad0cfc502
  3. Need help fixing game crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help fixing game crashing: Need help fixing game crashing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-fixing-game-crashing/deef5172-3c8f-4b6d-909e-a0aad0cfc502
  4. Need help fixing BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help fixing BSOD: Hey i've been having a lot of BSODS recently and don't have any idea how to fix them! Please help me! :cCPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600RAM: Patriot Viper 16 gb DDR4 3200 MHZ SSD AND HDD: IdkGPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060MB: gigabyte B450M DS3Hlink to dmps: blue screen dmps...
  5. Need help fixing BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help fixing BSOD: Hey i've been having a lot of BSODS recently and don't have any idea how to fix them! Please help me! :cCPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600RAM: Patriot Viper 16 gb DDR4 3200 MHZ SSD AND HDD: IdkGPU: NVIDIA RTX 3060MB: gigabyte B450M DS3Hlink to dmps: blue screen dmps...
  6. Need help with daily BSOD crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help with daily BSOD crashes: I've been having daily BSOD crashes for a few weeks now. I reinstalled my computer a couple of days ago and it started happening again. Also, many of the crashes happen on their own when I'm not even using the computer. I've already tried the following: I replaced my old SSD...
  7. Need help to fix windows 10 crashing to BSOD

Need help to fix windows 10 crashing to BSOD: My windows 10 pc crashes often while using adobe Lightroom classic and Photoshop. I have also seen the cursor lag sometimes. This is the link with the dump file, system info and specifications:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsiaBz-i8Nhl6iqy7BNtw9-V7DTp?e=fIdK00Please help me out on...
  8. Need help fixing crashing PC intermittent BSOD's

Need help fixing crashing PC intermittent BSOD's: Hello, Could someone help me troubleshoot my desktop PC? I keep getting different BSOD errors, mainly the followingirql_not_less_or_equalkernel security check failure?0xc000021a0x0bad0011Also seen wdf01000.sys, usbhub3.sys and today I got a "DPC watchdog violation" which is...
  9. windows crashing BSOD , Need help

windows crashing BSOD , Need help: Its been 3 or more days ,my laptop suddenly give the blue screen with stop code error , i did not write down all of them as i dont have chance to read them as laptop was restarted before i can note it down. But today only once i note down was Stop Code: MEMORY_MANAGMENT ,...
  10. Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing: The 2 errors I most commonly see are "IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "Kernel check security error", but I am unsure how to pinpoint the problem as I often see it online attributed to memory, drivers and multiple issues. Specs are: Ryzen R3 1200 GTX 1060 6gb 8gb RAM DDR4...