Windows 10: Need helping unlocking Laptop

Discus and support Need helping unlocking Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I recently left a job where we used A Microsoft Lenovo ThinkPad. Now I can't login into to it from home since it is still on my works domain and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Hq1230, Sep 20, 2019.

1. Hq1230 Win User

Need helping unlocking Laptop

I recently left a job where we used A Microsoft Lenovo ThinkPad. Now I can't login into to it from home since it is still on my works domain and my account there has been disabled
    How can I create a new account from the login screen or change the domain to my home

When trying to factory reset it, I get stuck on the recovery key screen. I do have the key ID but not sure where to go from here.

:)

Hq1230, Sep 20, 2019
  2. kaschiro1 Win User

unlock hard drive

I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1 works fine, I can edit and save, #2 I can view but no edit and save. I use photoshop and when I go to save it states that the file is locked. #2 is partitioned into 3 drives and all drives act the same. everything worked on win 7 in the same configuration.
    So with my whiz bang mentality I say the drive is locked. But I do not know how to unlock it !!! can anybody help me!!!
    I am a old senior teckky and things have to be laid out step by step. Is there a program I can download to unlock the HD,??? or do I have to do it the old fashion way, step by step

TIA
    Kas

kaschiro1, Sep 20, 2019
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 20, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, Sep 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Need helping unlocking Laptop - Similar Threads - Need helping unlocking

2. Unlocking laptop with error 0x8007139f

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unlocking laptop with error 0x8007139f: After a crash my laptop doesn't recognize my pin and without unlocking I can't open a browser to reset the pin Help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlocking-laptop-with-error-0x8007139f/d2e626dc-0039-4191-ad25-42d5a7f23ad2
  3. Need help resetting the laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help resetting the laptop: I need help reseting my windows 10 hp laptop,howe very I can't due to low storage space, I've attempted other methods such as using Windows installers off the website to no avail, only to have my laptop not even bothering to open or run anything I download. Can someone...
  4. Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked out of services.msc for many of the updaters need a patch to unlock my Laptop!: Services in Question which the options are all grayed out! Windows Update 'Running' Manual Trigger Update Orchestrator Service for Windows Update 'UsoSvc' 'Running' Manual Trigger Delivery Optimization 'Running' Manual Trigger Lastly Windows Defender Service 'Running'...
  5. Need help with bios for Asus laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help with bios for Asus laptop: hi, i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010. the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7...
  6. issue with laptop hardware(need help)

in Windows 10 Support
    issue with laptop hardware(need help): First of, sorry if it's not related to windows 10, but I really need help with a problem my laptop is facing since its my only school laptop . I own an acer e5 575g 53vg, and recently I dropped it. Now, everything is working as normal but the thing is the bottom part of the...
  7. Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help needed with Windows 10 laptop that will not boot.: Trying to help a friend fix a sick laptop. It will not boot to Windows 10. I keep getting the blue screen with the message that a boot disk could not be found. The hard drive is still in working order and the files are still accessible through booting to LINUX on a pen drive....
  8. Unlocking locked files help

in Windows 10 Support
    Unlocking locked files help: Opened folder and was presented with multiple documents that had a "locked padlock" covering part of the file icon. Also the following message when I attempted to open the file: "You need permission to perform this action." "You require permission from "everyone" to make...
  9. Need help with help

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help with help: In Default Programs, under .hlp, what do I put in under Current Default? Don Cole 59894
  10. I really need help with my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    I really need help with my laptop: Hi everyone I have a very uncommon problem with my laptop, the thing is that when I play League (or any other game) it just restarts itself and I've tried so many things such as cleaning the inside of the pc(the hardware), I formatted it so it was completely clena(software),...