Windows 10: Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade

Discus and support Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DeepeshSonawane, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade

I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and after the update the windows is asking me to activate the version of windows. I then noticed that my product Id changed with just an update that was available to me on its own. How do I get it fixed? I tried troubleshoot in the activation tab in settings and every time I troubleshoot it fails 0x8007005 and changes my product id again.

Rewriting the Important points:

1. Had an activated windows 10 at 1903
    2. No hardware changes were made
    3. Updated through the official update feature in the setting menu
    4. Windows activation product key is linked to my hardware
    5. Belongs to the Windows Insider Edition
    6. Product ID changes every time I run the troubleshoot
    7. Never interrupted the update process.

Please, tell me how to fix the issue and reactivate my windows.

:)

DeepeshSonawane, Jan 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jan 9, 2021
  3. teots Win User
    Trouble upgrading 20H2 with windows update

Try this > TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1), and do a clean install.
    It work for me.

teots, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Rad1o Win User

Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade

Upgrade to 20H2 failed

The laptop was offered the feature upgrade to Win 10 20H2. It is still running 1903. It had failed 1909, 2004 with this error 0x80004005 - 0x1000A,The installation failed in the DOWNLEVEL phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation.

Since Microsoft does not like this laptop anymore I had done a chkdsk, a SFC / scannow and a disk error check from the properties tab. All errors fixed.

I stopped MS secutity, firewall and the Avast security for the upgrade.

Downloading and installing took some time and it looked as if the laptop was going through the motions. At the end it had just reverted to 1903 again.

What else can I do short of a complete reset?

Rad1o, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade

1. Need Immediate Guidance. Windows 20H2 activation failed since the upgrade - Similar Threads - Need Immediate Guidance

2. Windows 10 20H2 upgrade fails

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 upgrade fails: Having an issue on one PC upgrading to Windows 10 20H2 using the command: setup.exe /auto upgrade /dynamicupdate disable /quiet /noreboot. Does anyone know what could be the root cause? I am not getting anywhere with Google searches. Here are the relevant log...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 upgrade fails

Windows 10 20H2 upgrade fails: Hello all, I've been struggling over the past couple of days, trying to get a Dell Latitude E6540 laptop upgraded to W10 20H2, from 1909. I tried numerous solutions I've found on the 'net and nothing has worked, I'm hoping that someone here can help. Log files from the...
  4. Windows 20H2 activation failed after upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 20H2 activation failed after upgrade: I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and after the update the windows is asking me to activate the version of windows. I then noticed that my product Id changed with...
  5. Windows 20H2 activation failed upgrade

Windows 20H2 activation failed upgrade: I have a activated version of windows and is tied to my hardware. I am have an insider version of windows and I recently updated from 1903 to 20H2 and after the update the windows is asking me to activate the version of windows. I then noticed that my product Id changed with...
  6. Upgrade to 20H2 fails

Upgrade to 20H2 fails: When trying to upgrade to 20H2, I get this error. 0x8e5e0152 I have a 2 m. 2 to start another one for normal things, music, games, etc. I'm not sure if I put something where it shouldn't be and screwed up my intuitive experience. I will provide more information if...
  7. Upgrade to 20H2 failed

Upgrade to 20H2 failed: The laptop was offered the feature upgrade to Win 10 20H2. It is still running 1903. It had failed 1909, 2004 with this error 0x80004005 - 0x1000A,The installation failed in the DOWNLEVEL phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation. Since Microsoft does not like...
  8. Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows??

Need Guidance Upgrade to windows 10 from basic Windows??: good morning. This is for my son's new PC. He built a new PC which currently has a very bare-bones version of Windows as the operating system. He would like to get Window's 10. Is there a less expensive upgrade feature since he already has a very basic windows installed or do...
  9. Need guidance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need guidance: My sister needs a program that will let her make a burnable dvd/cd for a birthday present. I have absolutely NO experience in this field of things so I figured I would ask here. This program should be able to import and string together .jpgs, some video clips, music files...
  10. Guidance needed

Guidance needed: I have set my desktop as I want it I don'tlike all those panels - some I guess I have to have. Now what I would really like is to click on Start and the on/off option/s to beat the bottom instead of having to click the three small bars at the top left handcorner to bring...