Windows 10: need instructions on fixing email accounts

Discus and support need instructions on fixing email accounts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Need step by step for fixing issues for email accounts (instructions that will actually work!!)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JoyL#4, Feb 20, 2019.

1. JoyL#4 Win User

need instructions on fixing email accounts

Need step by step for fixing issues for email accounts (instructions that will actually work!!)

:)

JoyL#4, Feb 20, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 20, 2019
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 20, 2019
  4. need instructions on fixing email accounts

email account hacked. please help

Don't think you can if they were deleted from your email account and are not in your trash folder. Try contacting Yahoo, explain what happened, and see what they can do or suggest you do.

BarbaricSoul, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

need instructions on fixing email accounts

1. need instructions on fixing email accounts - Similar Threads - need instructions fixing

2. my email account "needs attention"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my email account "needs attention": my account says it needs attention and says fix and it asks to update my password so i do that and i press done but then it does it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-email-account-needs-attention/4fa06f2b-c141-49a3-8d69-a89f8e78b032
  3. how to fix the instruction at 0x0000000076608716...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to fix the instruction at 0x0000000076608716...: "how to fix the instruction at 0x0000000076608716 referenced memory at 0x000000000520ff330 the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c click on ok to terminate the program" i get this message every time i try to open a new program...
  4. how to fix the instruction at 0x0000000076608716...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to fix the instruction at 0x0000000076608716...: "how to fix the instruction at 0x0000000076608716 referenced memory at 0x000000000520ff330 the required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0xc000009c click on ok to terminate the program" i get this message every time i try to open a new program...
  5. Need another email account. Which?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need another email account. Which?: I'm looking for another email account because Facebook has locked me out and I can't get back inbecause my email address was misspelled. I had Mail.com, but I lost my password and they can't recover it,because they can't send me a text message. I have an Outlook email, but...
  6. Need to fix Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need to fix Microsoft account: Hello all,I wonder if someone could help me. I am frequently being asked by Windows to verify my settings for Hotmail and the Windows sharing experience. Basically all I am having to do is just input my pin number for Windows then get notified that the issue is fixed. It...
  7. account constantly needs to be fixed

in Windows 10 Customization
    account constantly needs to be fixed: Almost every day I get a notification that there is something wrong with my account, with no details provided. I confirm I want to repair the account, which then takes about 5 seconds to fix. Has anyone seen this?...
  8. Fix my email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fix my email account: keep getting FIX MY EMail account.Tried,but I receive msg..Sorry try lated,Also email on account are not being receiver on one account.Password is correct..Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-my-email-account/2546370a-4600-45e8-abbb-6dccf23f4fdc
  9. Need to fix Microsoft Account ?

Need to fix Microsoft Account ?: windows 10 on my Sony Vaio just updated 06/11/2018. I logon using my pin number. Now my HP desktop Windows 10 where I logon using my password has a message in Action Centre "You need to fix your Microsoft Account for apps on your other devices to be able to launch apps and...
  10. email account "fix" message.

email account "fix" message.: How do I fix my email accounts. When I click the fix button, it just goes on and on forever. I am up to day with my Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/email-account-fix-message/d879a6c8-7bb8-4f71-9332-a6a863881b07"