Windows 10: Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft

Discus and support Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I just spent nearly 16 hours over 7 to 9 episodes first in October and now this Dec-Jan with Microsoft techs trying to resolve network issue that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CHARLESVOGEL1, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft

I just spent nearly 16 hours over 7 to 9 episodes first in October and now this Dec-Jan with Microsoft techs trying to resolve network issue that Windows 10 has. There needs to be sometime of penalty or retribution against Microsoft like the lemon law they have for automobiles. If there was I guarantee they would have sold such piece of garbage product like Windows 10. It is only good to access the internet.

:)

CHARLESVOGEL1, Jan 4, 2019
  2. malware Win User

EU Fines Microsoft Record 899 Million Euro

The European Commission fined yesterday US computer giant Microsoft for defying sanctions imposed on it for anti-competitive behaviour. Microsoft must now pay a record 899m euros ($1.4bn; £680.9m) after it failed to comply with a 2004 ruling that it abused its position. The ruling said that Microsoft was guilty of not providing key code to rival software makers. EU regulators said the firm was the first to break an EU anti-trust ruling. The fines come on top of earlier fines of 280m euros imposed in July 2006, and of 497m euros in March 2004. "Microsoft was the first company in 50 years of EU competition policy that the Commission has had to fine for failure to comply with an antitrust decision," Competition Commissioner Neelie Kroes said in a statement. "As we demonstrated last week with our new interoperability principles and specific actions to increase the openness of our products, we are focusing on steps that will improve things for the future," Microsoft responded.

Source: BBC News

malware, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Ehstii Win User
    EU fines Microsoft a record $1.3 billion

EU fines Microsoft a record $1.3 billion
    Regulators: Software giant has defied 2004 antitrust ruling​[hr]

BRUSSELS, Belgium - The European Commission fined Microsoft a record $1.3 billion Wednesday for defying sanctions imposed on the software giant in 2004 for antitrust violations, far exceeding the original penalty.

EU regulators said the company charged “unreasonable prices” until last October to software developers who wanted to make products compatible with the Windows desktop operating system. (read more here)

soure: MSNBC

Ehstii, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Relayer Win User

Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft

The Pirate Bay in Legal Soup, Owners Fined and Jailed

Was/Is there actually a law on the books for ‘assisting in making copyright content available’? I've never heard of it before. What are the statutes and penalties? It sounds more like a civil case than a case to be heard in a court of law.

Relayer, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft

1. Need lemon law to impose fines or civil penalties on microsoft - Similar Threads - Need lemon law

2. Is this legal? Is Microsoft breaking the law?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this legal? Is Microsoft breaking the law?: Re Windows 11 email app delivering email in html. I just got an email from the Los Angeles County Court re my legally required jury duty. The aol email delivered to my Windows 11 email app is in html and is unreadable. The Windows 11 email app html bug has been going on for...
  3. Is this legal? Is Microsoft breaking the law?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this legal? Is Microsoft breaking the law?: Re Windows 11 email app delivering email in html. I just got an email from the Los Angeles County Court re my legally required jury duty. The aol email delivered to my Windows 11 email app is in html and is unreadable. The Windows 11 email app html bug has been going on for...
  4. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI: Whenever I play Civ 6, the game crashes and I get this error message:Unhandled Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error writing address 0x90 Call Stack ----------------------------------------------------- ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???,...
  5. EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in Civilization VI: Whenever I play Civ 6, the game crashes and I get this error message:Unhandled Exception Code: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION Error writing address 0x90 Call Stack ----------------------------------------------------- ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???, line 0 ??? ! ??? ???,...
  6. mise a jour imposible

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    mise a jour imposible: bonjour j'ai besoin d'aide urgent car je suit bloquer avec Windows 10 je suit encore a la version 1709 voici la raison il y a longtemp maintenant g charger ma sœur d'aller m'acheter un pc portable elle l'a acheter et la mis en route adresse mail compte Microsoft au...
  7. civilization 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    civilization 4: went to: went control panel. programs and features. tried to delete civilization IV. civilization IV is totally unresponsive. tried playing the game. it would not open. the "civilization" people believe it is deleted but windows 10 will not eliminate it from programs...
  8. FTC Imposes $5 Billion Penalty and Privacy Restrictions on Facebook

in Windows 10 News
    FTC Imposes $5 Billion Penalty and Privacy Restrictions on Facebook: Facebook, Inc. will pay a record-breaking $5 billion penalty, and submit to new restrictions and a modified corporate structure that will hold the company accountable for the decisions it makes about its users’ privacy, to settle Federal Trade Commission charges that the...
  9. Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows has imposed unwanted lock screen and need for password.: Version 1803 (OS Build 17134. 191) Upgraded from Win 7. I first upgraded to 10 a few weeks ago and the lock screen and need to enter a password was not displayed. After a few days I returned to Win 7. Now, having re-upgraded to 10 again I have the very irritating lock...
  10. Moore's Law

in Windows 10 Support
    Moore's Law: I am not sure how much Moore's law might apply to storage, if at all, but it sure seems to me like the storage world has really frozen of late. Used to be that every few years, hard drives would double in size, but it has been about 4 years or so since I bought my first 4tb...