Windows 10: need low cost wifi router or print server

Discus and support need low cost wifi router or print server in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have this HP 400 printer which supports USB and Ethernet only, no WiFi. My LAN is Wi-Fi based, and I would like to give all systems direct access to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by x509, Dec 29, 2018.

1. x509 Win User

need low cost wifi router or print server

I have this HP 400 printer which supports USB and Ethernet only, no WiFi. My LAN is Wi-Fi based, and I would like to give all systems direct access to this printer via an IP address.

So I need a low-cost box that supports WiFI and Ethernet. Also needs to work in bridge mode with WPA2 security.
    Any recommendations. *Smile Anything products to avoid?*Mad

:)

2. mrhuggles Win User

Basic print server

a good router will come with print server abilitys built in.

mrhuggles, Dec 29, 2018
  3. mrhuggles Win User
    Basic print server

yes, its linux, itl work with any os and any printer.

GRANTED you might have to make sure you are useing a router with the proper hardware to be able to connect to the printer, or some kind of gobetween, like my router does not have USB...

not real sure about DD-WRT's print server capibilitys but openWRT definatly has a package for that

cups[linux style print server]
    p910nd[i dont know style print server, says something about non-spooling whatever that is.]
    samba-server[windows style print server]
    kmod-lp [driver for oldschool printers]
    kmod-usb-printer[driver for usb printers]

mrhuggles, Dec 29, 2018
  4. need low cost wifi router or print server

Basic print server

looks promising, and easy to configure.

Now as you know wifi devices can be versatile (signal loss, security breach to your home network if improperly secured), this should be taken in account.

plus as a reviewers said, adding a tcp/ip printing port within xp/vista is simple, in case you MP830 is not in the white list of this device.

blobster21, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

need low cost wifi router or print server

1. need low cost wifi router or print server - Similar Threads - need low cost

2. Does it cost to upgrade windows server 2016 to server 2019?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does it cost to upgrade windows server 2016 to server 2019?: Do I need to pay to upgrade windows server 2016 to 2019? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-it-cost-to-upgrade-windows-server-2016-to/2fdefc6b-d1d9-4629-95d3-b0c5f3fe2f22
  3. Office activation at a very low cost.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Office activation at a very low cost.: Hi, This website claims such a low cost for genuine office and windows. https://www.digisoftmart.com/ Are they selling really genuine products? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/office-activation-at-a-very-low-cost/0ea883fd-946d-46b6-99e9-e3f7092001bd
  4. Any low cost solution for using Windows as home NAT router ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any low cost solution for using Windows as home NAT router ?: I've been a Linux & Mac user for my whole life and I have my own computers in office. Recently the upper-level decided to further enforce monitoring effort, by forcing all of us to install 3 different set of monitoring softwares on computer, otherwise the network access will...
  5. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  6. Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a no cost or low cost way to get Office 2019?: I'm enrolled at a community college and someone told me not to purchase Office 2019 for my new HP system. They said something about a free academic license that I can obtain, since I'm in school. Does anyone know anything about that. Money is a bit tight now since I bought a...
  7. Does DNS server need to be changed in both router and adapter?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Does DNS server need to be changed in both router and adapter?: So I'm a Verizon FIOS Quantum subscriber. I can easily change to Google's DNS in the Ethernet network adapter, but need I change it in the G-1100 router also? 126467
  8. wifi router

wifi router: I just changed my user name & and password on my router and no I'm locked out! Can this router be reset to the default user name & password? the router is a Sagemcom fast 5260...
  9. Wifi-Router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi-Router: Hi i'm 17 I don't know a lot about computers I got this Windows 10 desktop on Christmas, Yea won't lie about it. I have been having trouble with connection to games ever since I moved to the basement I did a speed test and my ping is 8, Download 36Mbps, and upload is...
  10. Need a router!

Need a router!: Need to replace my router but know nothing about them! 3000 sq ft single level home Grandsons do a lot of gaming Wife binge watches Netflix Multiple devices will be in use at same time Currently have a Buffalo AC 1300 4 port with a Netgear 5 port switch so need as many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. router that can print wife voucher