Windows 10: Need Microsoft Photos App Location so I can downgrade it.

Discus and support Need Microsoft Photos App Location so I can downgrade it. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Question: Where exactly is the Microsoft Photos App located? What folders contain the engine and executionable files?I found the hidden C:\Program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by setifo, May 13, 2022.

1. setifo Win User

Need Microsoft Photos App Location so I can downgrade it.

Question: Where exactly is the Microsoft Photos App located? What folders contain the engine and executionable files?I found the hidden C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder but I do not seem to find the exact folders.Reason/plan:I wish to copy the app's folders and files from an older computer that still has the older version. To then replace them on my main computer so that I have the old version again.Backstory:I use the Movies & TV and Photos app for trimming videos because of how fast and simple it is.I was encountering a bug where if I trimmed too fast it did not allow me to enter th

:)

setifo, May 13, 2022

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 13, 2022
  3. Windows 10 Photo App unable to sync photos

Hi,

I realize that you face difficulty with photos app. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know whether you are using same Microsoft account to login to the Windows photo app on both laptop and Desktop.

If not I suggest you to use same Microsoft account to log-in both laptop and desktop.

Then sign out of the photos app and restart the system. Then login again into Windows photo app and check.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to remove and re-add the source location within the windows photo app. Please follow below steps to change the source location.

• Type photos in search bar and press enter.

• Then click on settings (gear icon) in photos app and under
      sources section add the path where photos are saved.
    Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with photos app.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, May 13, 2022
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Where is the Microsoft Windows Photo Apps located on my computer?

Hi Kimberly,

To find the default location of the Photos app, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.

• Copy and paste %windir%\explorer.exe shell:::{4234d49b-0245-4df3-b780-3893943456e1}, then hit
      Enter.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Riel Alc, May 13, 2022
Thema:

1. Need Microsoft Photos App Location so I can downgrade it. - Similar Threads - Need Microsoft Photos

2. Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE: I'm an avid photographer and traveler, and would really like to use the Microsoft Photos App as my default photo management software platform. It has some great features, such as geo location, collections, albums, and most of all, facial recognition. However, I find there are...
  3. Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo App needs an update - PLEASE: I'm an avid photographer and traveler, and would really like to use the Microsoft Photos App as my default photo management software platform. It has some great features, such as geo location, collections, albums, and most of all, facial recognition. However, I find there are...
  4. Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small?: Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small? I could include a screenshot here but I don't see how to attach a document. Hope this isn't too complicated or misstated. Thanks....
  5. Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small?

Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small?: Why is the image in MIcrosoft's photos app so small? I could include a screenshot here but I don't see how to attach a document. Hope this isn't too complicated or misstated. Thanks....
  6. Need Microsoft Photos App Location so I can downgrade it.

Need Microsoft Photos App Location so I can downgrade it.: Question: Where exactly is the Microsoft Photos App located? What folders contain the engine and executionable files?I found the hidden C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder but I do not seem to find the exact folders.Reason/plan:I wish to copy the app's folders and files from...
  7. Can I downgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I downgrade?: I bought a brand new computer a month or so ago with this Windows 11 installed, I hate it something fierce and want to get windows 10 or for that matter about to dump Microsoft all together nowYour last forced update, I cant use the computer, you boot, 5-10 min BSOD, I...
  8. Can I downgrade?

Can I downgrade?: I bought a brand new computer a month or so ago with this Windows 11 installed, I hate it something fierce and want to get windows 10 or for that matter about to dump Microsoft all together nowYour last forced update, I cant use the computer, you boot, 5-10 min BSOD, I...
  9. Is there an app that can Microsoft Photo Gallery?

Is there an app that can Microsoft Photo Gallery?: The absolute worst thing Microsoft has ever done is to stop supporting Microsoft Photo Gallery. I created folders for each year, then within that year I created 12 different months, then I was able to copy/paste photos within the year/month and day. It was a fantastic...
  10. Can I play the music in the photo app so that I can hear it before I select it?

Can I play the music in the photo app so that I can hear it before I select it?: Can I play the music in the photo app so that I can hear it before I select it? I also have 1 video project that won't play the music that I select....