Windows 10: Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key

Discus and support Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently changed the secure boot policy on my computer to boot Linux. I contacted my brother, the original owner of the computer and he said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by VMWZ, Dec 4, 2019.

1. VMWZ Win User

Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key

Hello, I recently changed the secure boot policy on my computer to boot Linux. I contacted my brother, the original owner of the computer and he said he never installed BitLocker, it installed itself. Apparently I need my BitLocker Recovery Key and I have tried every method to restore this. My account has my computer linked to it, but the BitLocker Recovery Key isn't on there. We never backed up our BitLocker Recovery Key, because we didn't even know it existed or knew much about it. Whenever I booted up my computer, I just clicked "Skip Drive." Now however, it wants my Recovery Key. Resetting it doesn't work either.

Is it possible to contact Microsoft and have them give me a new recovery key?

I am also okay with resetting my computer as long as I can extract important data from my computer. Note that my warranty has expired.

:)

VMWZ, Dec 4, 2019

2. Can anyone give me the reset recovery key for windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

A quick question before we proceed:

Are you referring to the Recovery key for BitLocker or the key that needed for resetting Windows Phone?

If you are referring to the Reset Key that is needed for Windows Recovery, then I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.
    • Next to the phone you no longer own, click I don't own this phone anymore.
    • Select “I’m ready to remove my phone “check box, note the
      recovery key, and then click Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select “I’ve kept a copy of the recovery key “ check box, and then click Okay.
    • Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    Your phone is no longer listed on account.microsoft.com/devices, and you can remove Reset Protection during phone setup using recovery key option.

If you are referring to reset key for BitLocker, then I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-my-bitlocker-recovery-key

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 4, 2019
  3. reset recovery protection key

Hello Paul,

To further assist you, you need to ask the original owner to reset the device and remove it from their account by following the steps below:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices.

• Next to the phone you no longer own, select Remove phone.

• Select the I'm ready to remove my phone check box, note the recovery key, and then select
      Remove. The recovery key will display on the page and will also be emailed to you.

• When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the
      I've kept a copy of the recovery key
      check box, and then select
      Okay

• Forward the recovery key email to your phone recipient.
    If there was no account that was associated with the device, make sure to check your
    Microsoft account.

If the problem still persists, visit the nearest Lumia Care Point Location on your area.

Let us know how it goes.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Dec 4, 2019
  4. Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key

Reset Protection recovery Key

A recovery key may be obtained from account.microsoft.com by removing your phone from account.microsoft.com/devices.

You can find more information on the reset protection process

here.

• Go to
      account.microsoft.com/devices
      , sign in with the Microsoft Account used on the device at time of reset or recovery.
    • click Remove phone.
    • When you're certain that you have your recovery key saved, select the

I've kept a copy of the recovery key
      check box, and then click Okay.
    • Use the recovery key during phone set up

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key

1. Need Microsoft to reset my recovery key - Similar Threads - Need Microsoft reset

2. Need a recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a recovery key: I need a recovery key for my ASUS laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-recovery-key/9e131271-2544-4d38-aebe-4a85e49b42e7
  3. Need a recovery key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need a recovery key: I need a recovery key for my ASUS laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-recovery-key/9e131271-2544-4d38-aebe-4a85e49b42e7
  4. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.: Hi! I had seen that this was a thread already but I have an entirely different device. I have a company computer that no one has access too, passwords and everything were forgotten. The company didnt want their devices back so here we are. The device that I have is a dell....
  5. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.: Hi! I had seen that this was a thread already but I have an entirely different device. I have a company computer that no one has access too, passwords and everything were forgotten. The company didnt want their devices back so here we are. The device that I have is a dell....
  6. Reset Computer without recovery key or microsoft ID or recovery key.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Recovery Key needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Key needed: I got my laptop's motherboard replaced and upon setting up. Bitlocker is asking me for a recovery key. I got my laptop from my former school and they've set up the laptop for me when I got it last year. I currently can't contact my former school as their are currently...
  8. Need recovery key- to Reset Win10 laptop

Need recovery key- to Reset Win10 laptop: Laptop won't start window 10. Tried several times and it hangs with the dots stopping. I'm at the Blue screen asking: Enter the recovery key-to get going again. It has the Recovery Key ID.. can't find the needed Recovery. On the page suggested...
  9. I need my recovery key to reset my PC

I need my recovery key to reset my PC: I need to reset my PC. The PC key ID is 874DD539 and the drive label : MININT-4H5202Q. The recovery key is what I need. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-my-recovery-key-to-reset-my-pc/6a418060-8e10-433d-bc5a-8ae37226c852
  10. need to recovery my bitlocker key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    need to recovery my bitlocker key: I recently had a system board installed under warranty .To my surprise when turning on my laptop screen come up to go to https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid= 6 random which take me to my email can anyone help who had this question *** Email address is removed for...