Windows 10: Need more assistance with services

Discus and support Need more assistance with services in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi All I have 3 questions. My much appreciation to anyone who is able to assist with my lack of reading abilities. I did attempt to do some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ditzy_missy, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Need more assistance with services

Hi All

I have 3 questions. My much appreciation to anyone who is able to assist with my lack of reading abilities.

I did attempt to do some research but unfortunately my research skills maybe lacking. I have programs that I can't seem to match up with the services listed on the documentation that is shown in Per-user services in Windows 10 and Windows Server - Windows Application Management Microsoft Docs.

1 May I ask why there are two Bluetooth services in Windows 10 installations when the documentation shows one?

I have two bluetooth services, which I am confused after reading the documentation. The first bluetooth service appears like the previous standard bluetooth line but is under bthserv, which isn't listed in the documentation:

Need more assistance with services 5cfcb5b0-53d9-49c4-b83f-fc6b9e931310?upload=true.png

I have two bluetooth services, which I am confused. The second bluetooth service appears unfamiliar but is listed in the documentation:

Need more assistance with services 992fb67d-7c6a-4649-b44d-fcb21061c080?upload=true.png

Can someone please tell me something about the two bluetooth services or tasks?

2. If I have more services listed on my services that doesn't match or isn't mentioned in the documentation, can I safely assume that the unlisted services that are on my computer is bloatware?

3. Would anyone be able to provide info on this curious feature of the ever changing alphanumeric digits at the end of these services?

This information may be stated somewhere in the documentation and again, my apologies for my lack of reading abilities, but may I know the reason for the _ 63da9 at the end of some of these services, such as CaptureService_63da9? This seems to be a new feature in Windows 10 and I'm really curious the reason why this number seems to constantly change every time I start or restart my computer. I am too amazed at the amount of information in the windows documentations that I haven't been able find the code, program or script that executes this feature or the relevant information.

Need more assistance with services 31f2e676-7d2d-400f-8682-0f3b558c8a33?upload=true.png

Thank you in advance.

:)

ditzy_missy, Mar 6, 2021

2. Windows 10 upgrade assistant stuck at 99%

The problem is caused by the Windows 7 updates.

Before using the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, perform these steps:

• set Windows 7 updates to "Never install updates".
    • Stop the update service by right clicking on the command prompt, and choose "Run as administrator".
    • Type

It should say: "Windows update service is stopping....windows update service is stopped."

Need more assistance with services 852Gr.png

After completing the above steps, start the Windows 10 Upgrade assistant, and it should complete.

Anthony Cappucci, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Steve C Win User
    Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?

I recently clean installed W10 on my laptop. I noticed the program Intel Security Assist was installed with the Intel motherboard drivers and the following services are running:

• Intel Security Assist
    • Intel Security Assist Helper
    • Intel Content Protection HECI Service
    • Intel Capability Licensing Service TCP/IP Interface
    • Intel Management and Security Application Local Management Service

I'm wondering what all these services do, whether I really need them and if I can disable some? Please advise. I don't need any remote Intel services - only to use the Intel graphics, Intel WiFi adapter and Intel Series 8 motherboard.

Steve C, Mar 6, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Need more assistance with services

Quick Assist not working

Need more assistance with services [​IMG]

I suppose another possibility might be that some related service is not configured correctly...

E.g. Tweaking.com's repair tool includes a repair to set services to default.

I suggest you look at affected PCs and check installed programs to see if there are any that are common only to those and not others, especially 3rd party security programs with firewalls.

I saw a note somewhere that there's no relevant group policy.

Is this idea relevant?
    or this:
    - this helped some people
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-3a46fe1fd0a6

dalchina, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Need more assistance with services

1. Need more assistance with services - Similar Threads - Need more assistance

2. Need assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistance: I restarted my PC because it said it needed to update. Upon my pc rebooting it brought up the Home Screen with the clock where I can swipe up and click sign in. After clicking sign it it immediately redirects me back to the previous Home Screen with the clock and the sign in...
  3. Need assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need assistance: I restarted my PC because it said it needed to update. Upon my pc rebooting it brought up the Home Screen with the clock where I can swipe up and click sign in. After clicking sign it it immediately redirects me back to the previous Home Screen with the clock and the sign in...
  4. Need assistance with BSoDs.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need assistance with BSoDs.: I have recently been getting Blue Screen Errors consistently. In order of what happened over the time: KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This occured once on 02/26/2023, and twice on 02/28/2023, in order of the errors above. I...
  5. Need assistance with BSoDs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need assistance with BSoDs.: I have recently been getting Blue Screen Errors consistently. In order of what happened over the time: KERNAL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. This occured once on 02/26/2023, and twice on 02/28/2023, in order of the errors above. I...
  6. In need of dire assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In need of dire assistance: Okay so I been putting it off for about a month or two but I just want to resolve it and be done with it. I really want to get my integrity memory turned back on, but this usb2ser.sys is preventing it from working and I don't even know where to locate it on a windows 11 file...
  7. Assistance needed please

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Assistance needed please: So I finally took the plunge and brought a new laptop, yay so happy. I see that I can link to a wireless display and have a Hisense TV that has the anyview cast feature. I have managed to get it to connect but when it does, it just gives me a blank screen on the TV. I have...
  8. Need immediate assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Need immediate assistance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!: I recently got a blue screen error saying " Your PC ran into a problem and all that". Yesterday Windows Defender blocked "svchost.exe" after I deleted Edge Legacy with the help of an unknown source guidelines, which was followed by an update on restart. I scanned all files...
  9. Still Need assistance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Still Need assistance: Had another thread started and now nobody is replying back on it so Im hoping to get some answers on my Issue by starting another one. The following is copied and pasted from the original post: I have a custom built PC and since Day 1 I have had issues with BSOD's....
  10. Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I Need Intel Security Assist & Other Services?: I recently clean installed W10 on my laptop. I noticed the program Intel Security Assist was installed with the Intel motherboard drivers and the following services are running: Intel Security Assist Intel Security Assist Helper Intel Content Protection HECI Service Intel...