Windows 10: Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive

Discus and support Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So yeah, the other day I was uninstalling games so I could get more space and my pc said I had 108gb free space, so the next day I restarted it and now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Defalt Hakurei, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive

So yeah, the other day I was uninstalling games so I could get more space and my pc said I had 108gb free space, so the next day I restarted it and now it says I have 68gb free space. I don't know the reason, I didn't downloaded anything since I uninstalled my games, and I frequently delete my Temp Files. Any reasons why that happened?

:)

Defalt Hakurei, Apr 24, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CNeed more Free Space on my Hard Drive :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive

1. Need more Free Space on my Hard Drive - Similar Threads - Need more Free

2. need to free space on C: drive...Windows.old??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    need to free space on C: drive...Windows.old??: hi...have been trying to free up space on my C: drive and the only thing I see that's taking up space is Windows. Old...Had to reset my laptop and it won't let me delete or move Windows.old...what can I do? Have a 15GB flash drive connected, can I move it to the flash drive...
  3. No more hard drive space to allow windows 10 updates.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No more hard drive space to allow windows 10 updates.: I have laptop with only 32gig of built in SD non upgradable. Windows used just about all and now C: drive has not enough space for critical updates. I added SD has D drive but no help. Freed as much as passable for a new PC. Was told when my son purchased it was enough space....
  4. Need more storage space on C: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more storage space on C: drive.: Tried deleting all files not needed to free up space on my computer, by using disk cleanup and manually, but my computer continues to tell me more space is needed to update Windows 10 software it only updates 95% of 100%. I don't want to keep going and delete the wrong...
  5. pparently Windows needs more space on my C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pparently Windows needs more space on my C Drive: Apparently Windows needs more space on my (C:) drive for its latest update. However, when I open the 'Storage Usage' box in 'Settings' it shows that I have 7.39GB of 'Temporary Files'. When I open the 'Temp. file' it shows a total of just a few MB's. Any suggestions? I show...
  6. Windows Needs More Space???

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Needs More Space???: Apparently Windows needs more space on my (C:) drive for its latest update. However, when I open the 'Storage Usage' box in 'Settings' it shows that I have 7.39GB of 'Temporary Files'. When I open the 'Temp. file' it shows a total of just a few MB's. Any suggestions? I show...
  7. Free space on a hard drive has got corrupted, HELP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free space on a hard drive has got corrupted, HELP: I have 2 8Tb drives that I manually keep in sync. Recently, I have no idea when, the free space on them just got out of step. I've JUST re-synced them but at this moment there is 1,416,419,140k (& 70,438 files) free on one and 1,938,941,052k (and 70,435 files) on the...
  8. Finding the free space on a hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Finding the free space on a hard drive: Is there any application that comes with Windows 10, that will show the hard-drive storage usage and free space? I do not mean an application that will show usage and free space for each partition (disk). Such data is rather inconvenient, when one wants to know how much is...
  9. Hard disk suddenly shows a 100GB more free space

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard disk suddenly shows a 100GB more free space: I've recently upgraded to windows 10 home version from windows 8.1 . My hard disk space before the upgrade was around 50GB. After the upgrade it was reduced to around 32 GB. I figured it was just because windows was storing some of the older files temporarily to allow for a...
  10. Hard drive used space more than doubled...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive used space more than doubled...: Can't figure this out. Have a Tablet 2 in 1 with W10 and 32GB SSD. Have not installed any programs. A few days ago the size of the used space on he drive was 7.8 now, it is 16.6GB. Any clues? 63598