Windows 10: Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

Discus and support Need more space in Disk 0 C drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello: I need more space in my Disk 0, C drive which is my main partition for applications; then I have Disk 2 D drive where all my data are stored.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaslimaAfroze, May 22, 2020.

1. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

Hello:

I need more space in my Disk 0, C drive which is my main partition for applications; then I have Disk 2 D drive where all my data are stored. Because I use a lot graphic development software I am running out of space in C drive and need more space. I know I can't move space from D drive. My question is what are my options in this case.

I have no un-allocated spacein C drive and I have cleaned my C drive too.

Currently I have only 10 GB free out of 105 GB in C Drive and 873 GB free of 931 GB in D Drive

Thanks in advance

:)

TaslimaAfroze, May 22, 2020
  2. nseibel14 Win User

Windows 10 Disk Management - cannot extend C: drive to allocated space

Hello, I followed all of the steps listed and it is still not working. The issue may be that the unallocated space is located on Disk 1 when my C: drive is on Disk 0 and I cannot seem to get them both on the same disk. Do you know if there is a solution
    for this?

nseibel14, May 22, 2020
  3. GiaChang Win User
    Cannot merge C drive (disk 0) with unallocated space (on disk 1)

Hi all,

I need some advice on whether it is possible - and if yes, how to merge my C drive on disk 0 with D drive on disk 1.

The problem is: my C drive is getting full soon, but previously after I deleted D drive and make it unallocated space (the bar of current D drive will change to black from blue), I still cannot expand C drive by adding the 100GB unallocated space into it.
    If I right click on C drive, the "expand" item is in gray.

I've searched online for solutions but so far only have seen same questions around. Does any one know the solution and do a big favor to explain how to do it step by step? Thanks much in advance!

P.S, sorry that the interface is not in English. Below page shows the "Disk Management" function, and you can see that:

1) Disk 0 has 55.78G, including C drive (55.21GB), 100MB of something I don't know what it is, and 473MB of recovery zone

2) Disk 1 has 100GB D drive, and 831.51GB E drive

Need more space in Disk 0  C drive 4d9a7925-db40-474e-9e8b-8352ef8dcf4a.jpg

GiaChang, May 22, 2020
  4. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Need more space in Disk 0 C drive

1. Need more space in Disk 0 C drive - Similar Threads - Need more space

2. Need more space on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  3. Need more space on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  4. Space needed on C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Space needed on C drive?: Question about Onedrive. When I try to add my photos 65 GB to my backups the "Start Backup" button is greyed out. Message in red says: "Space required on your C:\drive 70.8 GB' I don't have 70.8 GB available. Why does it need space on my C: drive?...
  5. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  6. C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    C: drive not on on disk 0 but on DIsk 2..Is that a problem?: Setting up a new desktop computer for the 1st time (and also adding an old HDD that didn't work) I have 3 drives. The main drive, which is a nVme SSD, and where my OS is (Windows 10) somehow, according to what I see under Computer Management, ended up on DIsk 2, my secondary...
  7. Low disk space on C drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Low disk space on C drive: Good afternoon. I have a windows 10 notebook/laptop that has issues with hard drive showing full. After examining the folders the majority of the storage is being used by c:\progam files\windowsapps @ 37.G and then the C:\windows @ 19.4 GB total hard drive is 57GB...
  8. need more storage and disk space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need more storage and disk space: I am having trouble getting windows 10 downloaded becuz of not having enough space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-more-storage-and-disk-space/5eb28f2b-e81a-4093-8a24-2b60aaeac93f
  9. Need more storage space on C: drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need more storage space on C: drive.: Tried deleting all files not needed to free up space on my computer, by using disk cleanup and manually, but my computer continues to tell me more space is needed to update Windows 10 software it only updates 95% of 100%. I don't want to keep going and delete the wrong...
  10. pparently Windows needs more space on my C Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pparently Windows needs more space on my C Drive: Apparently Windows needs more space on my (C:) drive for its latest update. However, when I open the 'Storage Usage' box in 'Settings' it shows that I have 7.39GB of 'Temporary Files'. When I open the 'Temp. file' it shows a total of just a few MB's. Any suggestions? I show...