Windows 10: Need MS Basic Display driver

Discus and support Need MS Basic Display driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Very long story short, I need the MS Display driver so I can install it in a bootable recovery USB drive. I've searched and searched, and I can't find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by x509, Jan 4, 2020.

1. x509 Win User

Need MS Basic Display driver

Very long story short, I need the MS Display driver so I can install it in a bootable recovery USB drive.

I've searched and searched, and I can't find a way to download it. *Redface The websites that purport to have this driver are just scamming people. *Mad Can some kind soul tell me how I can extract this drive from my Win 10 installation, or else PM me with the files.

In advance, thank you very, very much.

:)

x509, Jan 4, 2020
  2. B. Parker Win User

Upgrading MS Basic Display Driver

Like many people, I'm unable to upgrade to Win 10 because the manufacturer of my video card has chosen not to upgrade the applicable driver.

So I'm warned that the Win 10 install would replace the current driver with the Microsoft Basic Display Driver, which I'm warned is a very, very basic driver with limited abilities that do not support:

• Display scaling control
    • Multiple displays
    • Display rotation
    • Video capture
    • Power settings
    • VSync control
    • Brightness control on integrated display panels
    • AMD Catalyst™ Control Center
    My machine is far from reaching its end of use lifecycle and is still working quickly and flawlessly with Win 7 Pro installed.

Are these limitations with the MBDD actually true?

What's the likelihood that MS will improve the MBDD to help fill the gap left by manufacturers and allow us to upgrade to Win 10 with a display driver which is more sophisticated than just the rudimentary basics?

B. Parker, Jan 4, 2020
  3. B1ack5ky Win User
    Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

I'm running Windows 10 with a ATI Radeon HD 4800 series video card. Everything was working fine with my display until a recent update which caused my computer to start using the Microsoft Basic Display Driver. In Device Manager the Computer is still showing
    the correct video card. But when I go into my Display Settings and select Display Adapter properties, it shows that my monitor is using the MS Basic Display Driver (this doesn't even show up in Device Manager). Now I am stuck with low resolution settings for
    my large monitor. I cannot make the computer use the correct video card.

I've already tried all the basics:

• Downloaded and installed latest drivers from video card vendor and monitor
    • Uninstalled and completely removed the video card and monitor
    • Rebooted the machine
    Still no luck to fixing. Suggestions? It has been working since my first day with Windows 10 until the last update.

Need MS Basic Display driver d9730bd6-aef4-47eb-a8aa-90f7fb3316a4.png

Need MS Basic Display driver 4e7ec181-7d27-4dd9-8d8b-a19040bd67a1.png

B1ack5ky, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Need MS Basic Display driver

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Need MS Basic Display driver

1. Need MS Basic Display driver - Similar Threads - Need Basic Display

2. Display Driver reverts to Windows Basic Display Adaptor After Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Driver reverts to Windows Basic Display Adaptor After Update: I have a Nvidia GeForce GT 730 Graphics Card. I was running three monitors on it at the highest resolution yesterday. I updated Windows 10 last night. Now the only one monitor works at 640x480 resolution. I noticed that the Microsoft Basic Display Adaptor is listed as my...
  3. Microsoft Basic Display Adapter

Microsoft Basic Display Adapter: Driver cannot be installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-basic-display-adapter/1596a9b8-f87d-4a42-908b-f285f803dd18
  4. Won't open minecraft on Microsoft Basic Display Driver?

Won't open minecraft on Microsoft Basic Display Driver?: I recently got a new computer. I keep getting the error below. The display device is ATI Radeon 3000, while "Run" says I am using Microsoft Basic Display Driver. I have tried updating Radeon itself, but have had no fixes. I currently run on AMD FX Processor Black Edition,...
  5. microsoft basic display driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft basic display driver: Hi, I have dell N1050 Laptop. For some reason I cannot use intel graphics driver and can only use Microsoft basic display driver. I went to repair shop to fix this. they say its hardware and can't be fixed without changing motherboard. I can't spend that much right now. I...
  6. Windows basic driver

Windows basic driver: Hi i have a ASUSVivobooks14 S410UA I just brought it this year and didnt have any problems wIth it but recently its started to glith everytime i tried to log in after entering my passowrd as in going black and flickering i reaslied the problem was with my dispaly driver i...
  7. windows 10 basic display driver resolution options

windows 10 basic display driver resolution options: I purchased a desktop and an ultra wide monitor (2560x1080), and the max resolution option is 1280 x 1024 with all resolutions stretching to the display to the screen obscuring it visually. The driver in the system is "microsoft basic display driver" version 10.0.17134.1...
  8. Microsoft basic display driver on update to Windows 10

Microsoft basic display driver on update to Windows 10: Hallo A few weeks ago I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I have a Flatron E2351 monitor, which opens with a logo LG, "Life's good". But windows 10 opens it with a 6 cm black margin on the left and on the right. It worked fine when I was on indows 7. Following the...
  9. Need Display HD Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Need Display HD Graphics Driver: Hi All experts I have HP Elitebook 8460P Core i5 Second Generation (2520M) Laptop, And I installed windows 10 pro 64bit, But I not find any Graphics display drivers for windows 10, And I installed windows 8.1 Driver , but there is problem in this driver , That my...
  10. Can't change Microsoft Basic Display Driver to my Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't change Microsoft Basic Display Driver to my Nvidia: Hey everyone, so for the past 3 hours i've been trying to fix the issue stated in the title. I recently did a system restore and Microsoft changed my display driver to Microsoft Basic Display and I don't know how to change it. I've tried updating in windows because it shows...