Windows 10: Need networking advice

Discus and support Need networking advice in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Newmaven, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Newmaven Win User

Need networking advice

I am trying to transfer files from my laptop (Windows 10 x64, ver 1909) to my desktop (Win 10 x64 ver 20H2. I have a lot of options, but can't seem to get any to work:

1) Google Drive--I appear to have two Google Drives, one talking to my phone and laptop, the other to my desktop. How do I either merge these or get them both to talk to all?

2) Dropbox -- same problem

3) Ethernet, via my router. Can't seem to find simple instructions that apply to both Win versions

4) WiFi -- can't seem to find simple instructions that apply to both Win versions. Laptop won't always be on same desk as my desktop, and I have other PCs elsewhere, so this is probably best bet longterm.

Can someone please tell me where to find simple directions that will get this transfer running fast?

:)

Newmaven, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 6, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 6, 2021
  4. Need networking advice

PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

Need networking advice

1. Need networking advice - Similar Threads - Need networking advice

2. Need an urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need an urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  3. Need urgent advice,.?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  4. Need urgent advice,.?

Need urgent advice,.?: Just open My PC with wins 10 _ and on the lowerright corner, where appears the "Notifications" Show this..I'm referring to the last icon. Which is the copilot icon.. when I hovered the mouse on it. Say - Copilot Preview never showed before. on the notifications area. Do am I...
  5. Purchase Advice Needed

Purchase Advice Needed: I was so disheartened when my computer was seriously corrupted during a Windows 10 update. With the help I received here everything is okay now.But my laptop is ten years old Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 and should be retired.Would an S-Mode offer more protection...
  6. In need of expert advice

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    In need of expert advice: So I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3.. laptop has been great until today. I loaded up my laptop like usual, logged in, immediately got a "something went wrong, we need to reatart" blue screen, then after a few seconds the screen went black and nothing's working. Literally nothing, no...
  7. Need recovery advice

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need recovery advice: Back in May of this year, I posted about a problem I was having at that time. Here's the original post: Laptop seems to be in Recovery mode - what now? I got some suggestions but was busy with other things so I simply didn't touch the laptop again for a while. Yesterday, I...
  8. GPU Advice needed

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU Advice needed: Fellow Forumites: My dual 27" full HD (1980x1200) Dell monitors are now ten years old. They still work OK, but I'm thinking it's time to replace them. Can anybody tell me what kind of GPU(s) and cables I'll need to replace them with a pair of 34" monitors instead? (Find them...
  9. Network advice needed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network advice needed: He is what I have, three computer's on home network,they are hardwired to a Linksys Router. I can share files between them without problems. Have no cable where I live,use a Verizon Hotspot from my phone for internet. I use a Netgear WNDA3100 adapter for a connection. I can...
  10. Help and or advice needed

in Windows 10 Support
    Help and or advice needed: I am running Windows 10. I currently attach a hdmi cable from laptop to tv. Is it possible to stream one thing from laptop onto tv screen and simultaneously surf the net using laptop monitor? Thanks 39170